Conservative play calling will get you beat

You hate to see it, but down the stretch, the moment got too big for Coach Mc and Josh.  It's a learning experience and we'll bounce back but we got really bad in the critical moments.  But luckily O'Brien couldn't handle the moment either and we had a chance, we just couldn't execute.  I like how far we went this season, now we just have to build and continue to mature.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, klos63 said:

Playing not to lose it such a tired, overused cliche.  We made it to the playoffs with a somewhat conservative attack. We can't do things that we don't have the skill set to achieve.

You cook them for 16 points in first half with 20 passes, you respond in the second half by throwing it 6 times until the lead is gone.... that's playing scared and not to lose, which lead to a loss 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Always remember.  Frank Gore up the middle on second and long.  

His hero worship was always weird. Frank Gore was NEVER considered one of the greats. He was a solid player who lasted a long time. Seeing him up there with Payton and Smith is an oddity. 

I get treating veterans well to encourage them to come here, but not at the expense of losing. 

McDermott needs to look in the mirror in the offseason. And Beane needs to stop being a pansy and spend some of his salary cap on better offensive players. 

Just now, ToGoGo said:

His hero worship was always weird. Frank Gore was NEVER considered one of the greats. He was a solid player who lasted a long time. Seeing him up there with Payton and Smith is an oddity. 

I get treating veterans well to encourage them to come here, but not at the expense of losing. 

McDermott needs to look in the mirror in the offseason. And Beane needs to stop being a pansy and spend some of his salary cap on better offensive players. 

Absolutely.  In OT they had Dimarco and Smith on the field.  Wth is that?  You need playmakers out there.

2 minutes ago, Jerboski said:

You cook them for 16 points in first half with 20 passes, you respond in the second half by throwing it 6 times until the lead is gone.... that's playing scared and not to lose, which lead to a loss 

Don't forget about soft zone/prevent D and getting minimal pressure on DeShaun Watson.  Texans made the Bills pay for this; wonder if McD learns and changes his strategy.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Everyone needs to be fired. Daboll will be here next year, no way Cleveland signs him. We need to do a total purge, this way of playing football will never win a championship. Just a bunch of losers.

This team is going nowhere with Daboll. I said it to start the season and I'll say it now. And I'll say it next year.  He's garbage.....

I can't wait for a team to take Daboll away from us and fall for his BS. 

As cute as we seem, we run the most inefficient offense. Singletary is used maybe half as much as he should be, Foster was misused, McKenzie was underused.

The truth was, I was annoyed all year with the clamoring for Duke Williams. But after seeing him the last two games, the kid is baller. I am now convinced McDermott was just stubborn. It makes me question all the other decisions we made. For all the good we've done, Allen could've developed way more this season and we should've won the division. 

We CHOKED today, guys. CHOKED. And we did it with the usual suspects. Cody Ford, Frank Gore, Daboll, and Allen fumbling and taking sacks. It's a miracle we even got to OT.