Conservative play calling will get you beat

These are the playoffs and loser goes home,  if Sean and his cordinators play not to lose then they will lose.  I hope to see Frazier being aggressive by calling for corner bltizs on defense and Daboll throwing the ball on early downs,  we cannot play conservative if we expect to win.  

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

These playoffs and loser goes home,  if Sean and his cordinators play not to lose then they will lose.  I hope to see Frazier being aggressive by calling for corner bltizs on defense and Daboll throwing the ball on early downs,  we cannot play conservative if we expect to win.  

Cool

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

These are the playoffs and loser goes home,  if Sean and his cordinators play not to lose then they will lose.  I hope to see Frazier being aggressive by calling for corner bltizs on defense and Daboll throwing the ball on early downs,  we cannot play conservative if we expect to win.  

Playing not to lose it such a tired, overused cliche.  We made it to the playoffs with a somewhat conservative attack. We can't do things that we don't have the skill set to achieve.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Play smart, win the turnover battle, solid D, stop the run and get 400 total yards or more of offense ?

Blitzs and forcing Watson into making quick decisions will help create turnover opportunities. If we let Watson sit back there and get comfortable he will pick us apart with receivers he has.

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I would imagine they will keep doing the same stuff on defense since ya know, it works.

On offense I would like to see more passing plays on early downs to get Josh going.

I agree with this and hope they are part of a rhythm passing attack as opposed to 30+ at the outset. Let Josh settle down.  

17 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

So in other words - don’t do what worked.  Change your game plan to something you have not done.  

Sounds like a plan to lose - do what you do and only get aggressive when you have to.

4 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Blitzs and forcing Watson into making quick decisions will help create turnover opportunities. If we let Watson sit back there and get comfortable he will pick us apart with receivers he has.

Actually, Watson has a 66% completion percentage, 8 TDs to 2 INTs, and a 100.6 passer rating when blitzed. Watson did not play that well over the last 5 - 6 weeks of the season. They don't need to be blitz heavy. Stop the run, apply good pressure with 4, take away the big pass plays, and they will be fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Playing not to lose it such a tired, overused cliche.  We made it to the playoffs with a somewhat conservative attack. We can't do things that we don't have the skill set to achieve.

I think our offense is capable of much more than they allow them to do. 

• Like (+1) 1

No worries, 

I believe our guys will take care of business and we will walk away with the win. 

Go  Bills!!!

I mean we could try and let Allen grow it all over the field and end up with a bunch of bad turnovers and get blown out too.

i think Daboll isn’t good but this formula has worked this year.  I think the way you beat the Texans is control the clock with long drives. I do think settling for fgs too many times will get you beat.

I'm fine with conservative on offense. But they must be aggressive on defense. That means Tre on Hopkins the entire game with single high safety to protect deep. Let Tre cut underneath a few throws and maybe get a pick 6. Send Edmunds on blitzes. He's a below average read and react LB but he has been very good when he initiates the action and he has the speed to stay with Watson. Lawson, Murphy, and Hughes just need to hold the edge.

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Wanted to say this.  Especially on offense.  We tend to get conservative and predictable when we get a lead.  Hope they let Josh keep attacking.  Run when they expect pass.  Pass when they expect run.  Lets win this thing!

Getting excited!

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Completely agree. Daboll has to bring out every play in the book. We have to be aggressive on offense and defense.  If we don't blitz Watson, the likelyhood of us winning is slim.