Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, apuszczalowski said:

Who said they were playing not to win against the Pats? This was a team with a bad offence that was able to get into the playoffs because of an easy schedule and there being alot of bad/mediocre teams in the league this year. They couldn't beat the good teams and needed alot of help and luck to squeak out wins in games against bad teams.

we only needed a decent offense....but we all know that we dont have one. we have average talent w poor coaching and a QB that so many TDBers wont admit is extremely rough.what a nightmare.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

He is only turning 30 and has only has one "injury prone" season in the last five years.  He also just had a much better season than your young right tackle, who should be playing guard.  I'd give Bulaga a two to three year contract in a heartbeat.

he was good, i watch the packers every season wife is a huge fan and my best friend follows him.  I am an iowa native and watched him since college...we do not want him now at his current state.  

4 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Who said they were playing not to win against the Pats? This was a team with a bad offence that was able to get into the playoffs because of an easy schedule and there being alot of bad/mediocre teams in the league this year. They couldn't beat the good teams and needed alot of help and luck to squeak out wins in games against bad teams.

I will never subscribe to this narrative.  They deserved to be there as much as any team.  They played a division winner to OT.  WTH do you have to back this up?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Perhaps “playing not to win” should be replaced with “playing conservatively and hoping to win”.

19 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Next season’s schedule is brutal.

I agree with other points, and that this year was easy, but nobody really knows what next year looks like this far ahead. Too much change I. The NFL. Nobody had the Ravens and Niners as the top teams a year ago.

January Power Ranking and September actual teams are always way way different, so we will see which actual teams our 13 opponents field and play those.

30 minutes ago, mannc said:

He definitely had the “deer in headlights” look in the second half.  Extremely troubling.

No he didn't.  It may not have been pretty but he led them to the 25 yard line before the offense imploded ( a run to Gore that LOST 3 yards - really?) and then without TO's drove them to the 29 for the game tying FG.  Guys having a deer in the headlights look don't lead those two drives.  Did Allen get a bit rattled at the end - yes.  But that is on the O-line which picked a very bad point in the game to start playing badly. 

In OT Allen was moving the Bills into FG range to win the game.  First he converted two 3rd down plays with outstanding throws and then on a play in which he should have gained 10 - 20 yards a complete miss of a block allowed a Texan defender to put a wicked hit on Allen.  I don't know what you were watching but Allen took a nasty shot to the head on that play.  After that he seemed a bit wobbly.  But if the Bills make that block we win the game.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tcali said:

we only needed a decent offense....but we all know that we dont have one. we have average talent w poor coaching and a QB that so many TDBers wont admit is extremely rough.what a nightmare.

Is it so difficult to hand the ball to Singletary more often. Why is Josh throwing 46 passes in a game they are leading for 3 1/2 qtrs? Why is Frank Gore getting 8 rushes while Singletary gets only 13? Why is the backfield empty in ot when all they needed was a fg?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Turk71 said:

Is it so difficult to hand the ball to Singletary more often. Why is Josh throwing 46 passes in a game they are leading for 3 1/2 qtrs? Why is Frank Gore getting 8 rushes while Singletary gets only 13? Why is the backfield empty in ot when all they needed was a fg?

Daboll.

Period.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

No he didn't.  It may not have been pretty but he led them to the 25 yard line before the offense imploded ( a run to Gore that LOST 3 yards - really?) and then without TO's drove them to the 29 for the game tying FG.  Guys having a deer in the headlights look don't lead those two drives.  Did Allen get a bit rattled at the end - yes.  But that is on the O-line which picked a very bad point in the game time to start playing badly. 

In OT Allen was moving the Bills into FG range to win the game.  First he converted two 3rd down plays with outstanding throws and then on a play in which he should have gained 10 - 20 yards a complete miss of a block allowed a Texan defender to put a wicked hit on Allen.  I don't know what you were watching but Allen took a nasty shot to the head on that play.  After that he seemed a bit wobbly.  But if the Bills make that block we win the game.

But why did they go empty backfield in overtime when Singletary got so many positive plays after contact, and same for the back to back regulation sacks...

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

well you covered the coaching part:)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koufax said:

I agree with other points, and that this year was easy, but nobody really knows what next year looks like this far ahead. Too much change I. The NFL. Nobody had the Ravens and Niners as the top teams a year ago.

January Power Ranking and September actual teams are always way way different, so we will see which actual teams our 13 opponents field and play those.

I almost always say the same thing and almost always agree but if you look at the travel alone, it’s tough. Also you can use basic trajectories of these teams to assume most of the good ones. The schedule will not be easy again. Making the playoffs next year would be a hell of an accomplishment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Texans were 29th in pass defense this year.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Koufax said:

But why did they go empty backfield in overtime when Singletary got so many positive plays after contact, and same for the back to back regulation sacks...

That's a good question. 

But again if they block that QB sweep properly Allen likely takes the ball into FG range. 

• Like (+1) 3

This is exactly my thoughts and worries. Gore got one good one and seven bad ones. Didn't get the Playcalling after the first half...something that had been a weakspot much of the season, moreso than our positional talent.

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They also don't appear to have the cupcake schedule they had this year.......

And they barely beat the Jets the 1st game  where they needed the Jets kicker to not be able to make a kick, there's a good chance the Jets could have squeaked out a win in the last week too.

Who cares if they 'almost' beat the Ravens and Pats, the end result was still the same, they were all losses....

They also don't appear to have the cupcake schedule they had this year.......

- It is too early to tell, but yes it was a relatively easy schedule.

And they barely beat the Jets the 1st game  where they needed the Jets kicker to not be able to make a kick,

- that is the NFL .. if John Brown gets his feet in on that one drive we have first & goal.   If we hadn't gotten a phantom blocking foul on Cody Ford ... if ... you could do this all day.

there's a good chance the Jets could have squeaked out a win in the last week too.

- Really .. based on what? They rested their starters because it was a meaningless game. technically we were 10 - 5 with our starters. I know we should have been some number in your mind, but come on. Bill Belichick  was an amazing 20 - 28 in his first three years as a head coach.

Who cares if they 'almost' beat the Ravens and Pats, the end result was still the same, they were all losses....

- Teams that are growing. Would you prefer they couldn't stay on the field with them. Using your own logic there were many "one plays" in all three of those games where if the catch was made, the throw was better, the ... we would have won. If you are getting drubbed by the best teams the build has farther to go.

You have the right to be a pessimist .. is is a free country, but the fact that others are optimistic as is our right as well .. and us optimists .. we are more enjoyable to be around :)

Go Bills -- the 2020 - 2021 season is going to be great!

14 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

This year’s extraordinarily easy schedule won’t be repeated and the team’s success this year is directly tied to it. The team also did not have too much bad luck on the injury front. Unless the team improves considerably on the offensive side (and that would require Allen to take a significant step forward) another 10 win season will be hard to reach. 

How did Tremaine not pick up that fumble and take it to the house?! I mean I get it cover the ball and take over but Oliver was trying to pick him up. There were 4 or 5 bills defenders ready to lead him into the end zone.

its like this constant thought process of good enough. Hey we got the turnover that’s good enough. Hey we got to the 25 yard and can get 3 points that’s good enough. Go for the f’ing throat!!!

that said I love this team, the players we’ve brought in, and the coaching staff. But we have brutal schedule next year. We needed to learn from getting to round 2, not giving it away in round 1.