Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

5 minutes ago, astb41 said:

How did Tremaine not pick up that fumble and take it to the house?! I mean I get it cover the ball and take over but Oliver was trying to pick him up. There were 4 or 5 bills defenders ready to lead him into the end zone.

its like this constant thought process of good enough. Hey we got the turnover that’s good enough. Hey we got to the 25 yard and can get 3 points that’s good enough. Go for the f’ing throat!!!

that said I love this team, the players we’ve brought in, and the coaching staff. But we have brutal schedule next year. We needed to learn from getting to round 2, not giving it away in round 1.

The schedule should be the least of the Bills concerns right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The Texans were 29th in pass defense this year.

Situational awareness is what was required. The Bills running game with Singletary was their strength in this game. Gore was a buzz killer. The Bills passing attack is not their strength. Better line and receivers will change that. Josh is young but getting better, he makes dumb plays and he makes extraordinary plays at the same time. Did anyone think this was their year?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The schedule should be the least of the Bills concerns right now. 

I understand. But it might be another year before we even get back to the playoffs and got another shot at it.

Just now, Turk71 said:

Situational awareness is what was required. The Bills running game with Singletary was their strength in this game. Gore was a buzz killer. The Bills passing attack is not their strength. Better line and receivers will change that. Josh is young but getting better, he makes dumb plays and he makes extraordinary plays at the same time. Did anyone think this was their year?

The Texans pass D is very bad. 

The Bills asked Josh to attack their weakness, and he mostly struggled to execute. 

We had a prime opportunity for a big game against a bad defense, and we still couldn't score 20 points. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, astb41 said:

I understand. But it might be another year before we even get back to the playoffs and got another shot at it.

it WILL be another year (give or take a few days).

Just kidding, I know what you meant. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

The Bills asked Josh to attack their weakness, and he mostly struggled to execute. 

We had a prime opportunity for a big game against a bad defense, and we still couldn't score 20 points. 

Their pass rush was still superior to our OL. There was your difference in the game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Their pass rush was still superior to our OL. There was your difference in the game. 

The thing is pretty much every team's pass rush is better than our o-line.  Our pass protection has been bad all season long and hasn't improved.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

A lot of that was coaching imo, this team does not seem interested in scoring when they have a lead. The handoff to Gore with 35 seconds left in the half with no timeouts, when they had been moving down the field easily, was the most puzzling play of the game. 

6 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The thing is pretty much every team's pass rush is better than our o-line.  Our pass protection has been bad all season long and hasn't improved.

O line and wr corps need help, offense doesn't offer Allen enough quick outs either.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

O line and wr corps need help, offense doesn't offer Allen enough quick outs either.

Right.  No slants, screens, or any type of quick passes that will negate poor pass blocking.  The vast majority of our pass plays take way too long to develop.  Also, maybe I'm not noticing it, but where is the check down for when a pass rusher busts through the line unblocked?

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsMafi$ said:

Maybe this was the best thing to happen to this team. Hopefully they’ll realize you can’t play conservative moving forward 

This has been an issue for much of the season. What makes you think the coaching staff will learn their lesson? It’s in their DNA. 

Edited by Mopreme
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Right.  No slants, screens, or any type of quick passes that will negate poor pass blocking.  The vast majority of our pass plays take way too long to develop.  Also, maybe I'm not noticing it, but where is the check down for when a pass rusher busts through the line unblocked?

You know what though, there were a handful of plays in that game where JA had ALL day to throw, but still didn't connect with anybody for a sizable gain.

2 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I honestly kind of hope that nobody shows up at the airport to greet these a-holes and pat them on the back for pissing away a game they had in total control. 

Im sick of celebrating moral victories and loser teams. I mean, they did have a good season and all, but this game was there for the taking and they let 1 stupid sack turn the entire game. So damn soft.

I hope everyone learns from this. This team needs a to find its killer instinct. This game should’ve been put away in the first half. Too many points left on the field. 

And McDermott needs to stop playing it so safe. A 13pt lead ain’t *****. I honestly hope he learns from this. He’s smart enough to. 

Edit - I was really aggravated when I wrote this and let my emotions get the best of me. That was a super painful loss. It’s going to take some time to get over this one. I’ve been a fan a long time, and all these painful losses takes a toll. It’s hard to stay positive sometimes. 

Totally agree. Feel the same way. Really disappointed and disheartened right now. ?

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

You know what though, there were a handful of plays in that game where JA had ALL day to throw, but still didn't connect with anybody for a sizable gain.

Good point.  Josh isn't the most accurate passer at this point in his career, and some instances are the receivers not getting much separation.  Duke and to an extent, John Brown, don't do the best job of putting space between themselves and the defender.