Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I agree, the kid is exciting but still making a ton of dumb plays. The lateral was stupid.  The 2 deep throws to DiMarco ( our worst offensive player) was stupid.  The early fumble when he got bailed out was stupid. This kid has to get smarter and so do our HC/OC combo. Probably the worst 2nd half/or coaching I have seen in a very long time.

Totally agree man.  I just heard schopp describe these plays as 'desperate', sorry but it's the accurate word to describe what I saw on the plays. Like there's a desperation to score right there and then. 

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Josh made a lot of great plays and a few dumb ones. He learns from his mistakes so we are headed in the right direction, need to get RT, WRs, backup RB and TE, a Friggin LB that can tackle and another elite CB.

Really good QBs don't make dumb plays, that's my concern. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

I've been saying Ford is a guard all along. He was recruited out of HS as a guard. He played guard in college until injuries forced a change. He's a guard. He could eventually play tackle but for now he should be a guard. Bills need a better line.

They’ll hopefully let Spain walk and move Ford inside and find a capable replacement.

We’ve had a bad right tackle for like 30 years. We had one decent one who quit the team to run for state office.  That’s about it.  True story.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I think this was a disappointing defeat. We stood a chance on the road. I never thought THIS was the year we would be a serious challenger, but with some new weapons and a step up from Josh, we can be VERY dangerous next year. 

YOUR turn. 

I generally feel the same way. I am proud of the effort and realize the team is missing a few pieces. The conservative play on offense whenever they get a lead is concerning and playing soft on 3rd and 18 was extremely disappointing. I want this team to go for the throat when the time is right.

Nothing makes this game any better. They had victory in hand, yet failed to secure it in the most miserable fashion. The OTs are not good enough. Coaches should have gave help on Watt.. The need for a #1 WR is obvious. The defensive coaching was conservative to a fault in the OT. A great offseason is needed, as not getting this win is a total failure and embarrassment. 

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

There is a lot to be learned about each poster in terms of how they deal with this defeat. 

By all means, expose yourselves, for better or for worse. 

There's also more to be learned about each player and coach after a game like this. 

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

They’ll hopefully let Spain walk and move Ford inside and find a capable replacement.

We’ve had a bad right tackle for like 30 years. We had one decent one who quit the team to run for state office.  That’s about it.  True story.

They want Ford at RT. They've forced it all year.

16 minutes ago, london_bills said:

They have to improve the O line solidly

Correct, bring in another OG and OT to complete with the starters. May the best 5 shake out. Allen was running for his life multiple times in the second half, or had no chance.

The OL improved, but it is not a finished product by any means.

IMO the results were one year ahead of the roster rebuild which is a good thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

There's also more to be learned about each player and coach after a game like this. 

I think there are things to be learned by players AND coaches, and we need to add a few pieces. I like our future. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Have to question Sean's assistant coaches for  this. First, for a guy who preaches fundamentals, how did the O-line let Watt come unblocked on a 3rd down and miss easy blocks on Josh's QB sweep in OT. How could Ford expose himself to a crack back scenario, when the play was away from  him. Throw in that 3rd and 18 conversion  where 4 guys were too deep and didn't rally to the ball, Along with the missed tackle on Watson's backbreaking play,  fundamentals hurt us badly.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, london_bills said:

Your the guy who said Jackson and Watson aren't very good QBs. 

I'll be proven correct on Jackson long term.

Watson MAY turn out to be something. But the Bills HANDED him his glory today with some piss poor tackling.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is a bit of a response to the optimist thread that was closed and probably shouldn’t have been. People have a right o express themselves ...,

Sobering thoughts for Bills pessimists

1) Josh Allen threw for more yards and ran for more yards ... oh yeah and caught more passes than Deshaun Watson who was playing in his second playoff game.

2) The Bills offense had 2 returning starters from last year

3) the Bills won 10 games and barely lost to the Ravens, and Pats twice .. and didn’t play the last game.,if they needed it are you delusional enough to think the Jets who barely beat our backups would have beaten our starters. 
4) We lose almost nobody next year to Free agency

5) we have gobs of cash to spend in free agency to get better

come off the ledge ... better days are ahead

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

It’s more difficult imo, because I knew the Tyrod era was coming to end. I suddenly have lots of questions about Josh Allen. 

He definitely had the “deer in headlights” look in the second half.  Extremely troubling.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Just sign Bulaga. Don’t care the cost at least he’s reliable.

• Like (+1) 1

Weird because there was plenty of both “same ol’ Bills” and “not the same ol’ Bills. So many missed plays, but also a bunch of made plays. 

This one hurts and it should. This was a game BUF could have won but for getting in its own way. 

I can say... I see a solid roster, tons of cap space, extra draft picks for some flexibility, and a franchise headed in the right direction. 

Fun season. Great OT playoff football game. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

He definitely had the “deer in headlights” look in the second half.  Extremely troubling.

Right. He was such a scared deer in the headlights ans so afraid of the moment that he just couldn't help but lead them on a drive to force OT with no timeouts. Yep, he was completely psyched out. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1