Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Mmmmmm. No.

I've been a fan since 1983. Try again.

You have scores of things to do, yet you're here caterwauling like a spoiled child. Not buying ANY of that post, buddy.

You’re not.

I first started attending single Bills games, beginning in the late 70s. Season Tix in the 2 Strike Years (82 & 87) and back in 1989, for about 20 years! Final tired of paying for year over year idiocy.

So now, I just watch it & gamble on it. I’m here, being amused by you, as I watch the other bad AFC-S team, try and knock off the Cheatriots.

That’s what I & my group do from September - SB.

Then, I head to Florida for a month.

I’m out.

24 minutes ago, billsmob88 said:

You are a complete idiot then! Enjoy losing next year and the year after that! Because this franchise is ***** CURSED

good luck you idiot! You keep supporting a losing franchise I’m so sick of supporting a losing franchise. WE don’t deserve this

You are certainly invited to disappear and never come back.  That would be a blessing for the rest of us. No one cares about your infantile opinion.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The entire 3 hour pregame on espn and nfln was a JJFest. I knew then the odds of us winning were slim. Especially seeing him all mic ed up. The NFL is so choreographed. 

He was constantly looking for the camera, cant stand guys like that. 

NFL always has their darlings though and you know they can force them into the spotlight. 

1 minute ago, Mc1320 said:

The fact that they were up 16 points with 26 minutes to play and Josh Allen threw the ball 46 times against the 24th rated rush defense should be a crime. 

Cleveland please hire Dumball.

Dumball. Haha. McFieldgoal and Dumball.  Such a great coaching staff. 

9 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I disagree.  Allen needs more help plain & simple.  The lack of a go to big play guy is killing the Bills on Offense.  And the occasional lapses by the O-line caused a lot more problems for the O today then any lack of awareness by Allen.  I mean between devastating holding penalties; leaving Watt UNBLOCKED and missing a routine block on an Allen sweep that would sprung have him for a 20 yard gain is more of a problem then Allen's so called lack of situational awareness.

Allen made a lot of BIG PLAYS in the 4th quarter & in OT.  Sure he made mistakes but he overcame them with even bigger plays.  The same can't be said about WR's dropping passes and TE's/O-linemen missing blocks and getting penalized. 

Sure. Taking the two sacks was a lack of game awareness that he didn't need to try to get out of the oncoming sacks as they were in FG range. Its the kind of stuff we wanted to see Allen develop from. The deep throw to DiMarco was another sign of allen trying to do too much. The Lateral was another example. They were not all terminal mistakes, they weren't picked, but I believe, at times, there is a history of poor decision making as shown by these moments.. or at least 'gunslinger' decision making at inopportune times.

Certainly Allen will follow up these plays with great plays, which he is trying to make at the times I have highlighted. He played well first half and at times in the game for sure. 

I dont think he is going anywhere and the more I think about it the Oline is a BIG priority. 

All of the things you mention are valid but on the awareness thing with Allen there are times when it's a problem in my opinion. 

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, dakrider said:

fkng percentages didn't win or lose the game.  did you even watch the game at all???  Who brings up percentages in a OT game.  1 play at several different intervals could have changed this game. not percentages.  Buy a damn clue! 

You heard it here folks. Allen hitting 4-5 more passes wouldn't have won game. I bow down to the football scientists on this board. 

19 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

I don’t want to hear about the play clock, the phantom blindside block. The Bills need to go for the throat when they’re up. Not get conservative. Coaching lost this game, not the refs. 

How could they have done that? 

12 minutes ago, Mercyflush90 said:

My hope for the bills fans would be to get Allen some weapons and hope that having more threats on offense would help his awareness and help him realize he doesn’t have to do it all by himself. 

They have to improve the O line solidly

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I really hate to say it, but this game came down to two huge ref calls. The illegal blindside block on Dawkins and the non delay of game. Two horrible calls that changed the game. It’s so brutal that the officials have such a huge impact on the game. 

My initial emotional thoughts:

-Ford is not a tackle

-Allen was his usual inconsistent self. That lateral...wtf dude. Still think he has a long way to go before I consider him a franchise QB.
-Why is Gore getting carries? 
-Defense couldn’t bail us out

-I’d be okay with Daboll being fired

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Mc1320 said:

The fact that they were up 16 points with 26 minutes to play and Josh Allen threw the ball 46 times against the 24th rated rush defense should be a crime. 

Cleveland please hire Dumball.

Placed Devin in witness protection and gave Josh empty backfield.  Praying Cleveland hires Dumbol

• Thank you (+1) 1

Very disappointing way to end the season, but I always figured next year was our year.  Young team, tons of cap space,only a few guys to resign, extra draft picks.  Knocking wood, but the future looks bright, notwithstanding today’s disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1