Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

Just now, Nitro said:

That was not the design of the play.  The play was a roll left throw to the side lines 15 yards down field or short middle.  Both were covered.  Last option was the long heave down field.  Rather him tuck and run.

The point is anyone but DiMarco 40 yds downfield, that's just stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Feeling better now that you got all that out?

How aren’t you disgusted with this loss I’m confused? If you can just brush this off you truly aren’t a fan. I’m disgusted with half of these posters in this board. 60% of you just brush it off like things will change tomorrow.

ITS BEEN 25 YEARS SINCE WE WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Again, calling bull####.

First full season as a starter, RAW out of college. He's WAY ahead of where anyone who knows anything thought he'd be.

The reality is that no one “knows” anything. Allen might become great, and I root for him. I love the talent the guy has. I just worry that the stupid can’t be coached out of him. He’ll need to become great to overcome those mental errors. 

Just now, jrober38 said:

Allen's lack of situational awareness is staggering.

How many times has he taken a sack or grounded the ball knocking us out of field goal range this year?

5? Maybe 6 times?

His football IQ is incredibly low.

Lateraling the ball with over a minute left, searching for a field goal was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen from a QB.

And yet, led the drive to tie the game.

You're wrong (not shockingly) again.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, steven50 said:

Bottom line is you dont win NFL games in the modern era scoring 1 touchdown.

A lot of people will predictably blame this or that player or this or that play but the truth is we dont dial up a quick strike throws when needed and plays called require way to much time to develop at critical junctures of the game.

JJ watt is a great player. JJ watt is going to get your quarterback if you play against him. I dont care who your tackle is your not going to keep him contained all game. The way to minimize that is to stop calling plays that take all afternoon top develop.

Pound for pound with the talent we have on the team we should have won today. Offensive coaching let us down.

I for one will not be shedding any tears if Brian Daboll  lands a spot coaching another team next year.

Pound for pound their QB is a hell of a lot better than ours. 

3 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

How about that missed block on that Allen sweep in overtime? If we pick that safety up Allen picks up 15 yards easy.

That's going to be the play that I'll always remember about this game.  As it was developing, I thought it was going to be a game-winner.  And it should have been.

• Like (+1) 5

In order...

1) I’ve seen the last of Dumball! Bring in a real OC, who doesn’t pu$$y out, when your team is standing on the other’s throat!

If I know the:

2-6 < 20 Points of Offense

8-0 > 20..

then an OC sure as shite knows it! To lose up 16-0 late in the 3rd. is inexcusable!

2)  A new Punter. Guys kick balls EVERY day on the planet! Surely, the Bills can find one or 3 anywhere!

3) 9 Picks & 90 Mill better get you a pretty decent 6’4 WR & TE, both of whom can catch.

4) When it’s 3rd. & 18 or longer... you BLITZ from Game 1 on...ALWAYS!

5) The QB is still a work in progress.
Sometimes, he throws darts across his body.

Sometimes, he can’t hit a barn at 20 yards out.

Sometimes, he runs fabulous long gains.

Sometimes, he stumbles, bumbles and mostly- fumbles his way, like a College Freshman!

FINAL test next year, to see him develop with a decent OC & WRs.

6)  An Off Season Game Time Mgt. course for McClapper, including what to do at the 2MW!! And what, absolutely not to do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, billsmob88 said:

How aren’t you disgusted with this loss I’m confused? If you can just brush this off you truly aren’t a fan. I’m disgusted with half of these posters in this board. 60% of you just brush it off like things will change tomorrow.

ITS BEEN 25 YEARS SINCE WE WON A PLAYOFF GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAKE UP YOU IDIOTS

Yeah?

It's a PLAYOFF loss. I'll take playoff losses over being eliminated by Columbus Day 100 our of 100 times.

Take a lap, pal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Feel free to pick another team to support. Cleveland is pretty close. Dallas has fans all over. I am sticking with the Bills.

You are a complete idiot then! Enjoy losing next year and the year after that! Because this franchise is ***** CURSED

good luck you idiot! You keep supporting a losing franchise I’m so sick of supporting a losing franchise. WE don’t deserve this

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

That's going to be the play that I'll always remember about this game.  As it was developing, I thought it was going to be a game-winner.  And it should have been.

I thought it was going to look like the 40 yard run to start the game.  Everything was there ................ then the blockers completely whiffed and Allen got pounded.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I understand what you're saying.  But it wasn't the offense that couldn't get a stop like truly good defenses do. Our defense won a half. Too bad they didn't want to play the full 60. 

we would never tee off  We could be up 30 and we;d be in that soft umbrela zone allowing checkdowns for 18  We went after Watson to get that 16 pt lead than went into prevent run the clock out  Stereotypical McDermott  He wants to win a super bowl he's going to have to change  I've seen this show before  Its called the Bucs under Dungy  Played same defense same conservative offense same result  They finally got that super bowl under Gruden who then ran the team into the ground

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Today’s NFL is all about stars. TBD doesn’t like hearing this, but we saw Watson carry his team to places Allen can’t at this time. I really like Allen, and think he’s in the top half of AFC QB’s, but he’s not there yet. 

There's no reason Allen can't be a star.

His highlight reel is amazing.

Unfortunately, most of what happens in between the highlights isn't anywhere close to good enough.

Week in and week out he makes the hard throws look easy and the easy ones look hard.

He's two full years into his career, and we still have a guy who can't complete passes to open receivers when they're uncovered (see 3rd down on their 45 yard line when he threw the ball at Williams feet when any pickup of yardage would have presented an opportunity to kick a field goal). 

• Like (+1) 2

Now that I've had a chance to cool off a bit, I agree with all the things mentioned by reasonable posters. What i will add is that this team doesn't quit. Most Bills teams of the 2000's quit after that Allen sack late in the 4th. Also, the play that won the game for the Texans was just dumb luck. Neal had Watson sacked and Milano knocked him back on his feet. 

I would be as upset as other on here, but I decided about a decade ago that I won't let the actions of other grown men decide my mental state.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2