Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

What was Allen doing when he threw the ball back like it was end of game razzle dazzle? That was bizarre. Luckily it didn't hurt em.

Bills played well enough to win imo but the offensive mindset is not interested in scoring more than 20. Just get the lead and hang on, got em right where they want em. Frustrating

Just now, SirAndrew said:

He did, but was lucky he got that opportunity. That doesn’t erase epically bad sacks on two consecutive downs, and his attempt at a lateral to Knox. You are correct, he atoned, but champion QB’s don’t make that many major mental errors in one game. I’m not saying he’s a bust, just saying we are a long way from having a championship contending QB. 

Again, calling bull####.

First full season as a starter, RAW out of college. He's WAY ahead of where anyone who knows anything thought he'd be.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

How about a play design where Demarco is 50 yards down field, wtf is that from Dumbell, he sucks!

That was not the design of the play.  The play was a roll left throw to the side lines 15 yards down field or short middle.  Both were covered.  Last option was the long heave down field.  Rather him tuck and run.

Bottom line is you dont win NFL games in the modern era scoring 1 touchdown.

A lot of people will predictably blame this or that player or this or that play but the truth is we dont dial up a quick strike throws when needed and plays called require way to much time to develop at critical junctures of the game.

JJ watt is a great player. JJ watt is going to get your quarterback if you play against him. I dont care who your tackle is your not going to keep him contained all game. The way to minimize that is to stop calling plays that take all afternoon to develop.

Pound for pound with the talent we have on the team we should have won today. Offensive coaching let us down.

I for one will not be shedding any tears if Brian Daboll  lands a spot coaching another team next year.

Edited by steven50

Just now, buffalobillswin said:

How about that missed block on that Allen sweep in overtime? If we pick that safety up Allen picks up 15 yards easy.

Yup—to me that was the blown play of the game.  And to guys had the chance to make the block.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Can't describe the feeling right now.

This game looked won with roughly 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Somehow we crapped the bed completely. 

Our offense was yet again useless for most of the game. Our QB struggled with the basics and showed an extreme lack of awareness in crucial situations. 

The defenses wilted late, although Watson was simply spectacular. He put his team on his shoulders and willed them to victory. 

Today’s NFL is all about stars. TBD doesn’t like hearing this, but we saw Watson carry his team to places Allen can’t at this time. I really like Allen, and think he’s in the top half of AFC QB’s, but he’s not there yet. 

Such a frustrating game. I have same gripes as everyone else, nothing new:

1. Singletary never seems to get enough touches. 
2. 3rd and 18

3. Missed tackles

4. missed sack in OT

5. missed block in OT where Allen couldve ran down the field easily into fg range. 
6. lack of urgency to score a TD at end of 1st half. Seemed content with a FG. 
7. Brown being unable to drag his feet in the 1st half on that play that woulda put the ball inside the 5yd line - Come on brown!

we didnt deserve to win - thats that. 

Edited by bobobonators
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Does this remind any old timers of the 1989 season?  Bills team on the rise losing a close game to Cleveland.  Next season looks to be a brighter one.

Yep.  Bitterly disappointed and pissed off and not wanting to face a long off season (optimistic for next year).  The 25 year drought Is what this makes it more exasperating for me. 

It was a long time ago but, as mentioned, this feeling is the same one I had 30 years ago after watching Ronnie Harmon drop that TD pass in the playoffs. Hopefully the sustained success that followed that season will follow this one. That 89 team was young and talented and you could see good things coming. This team has a lot of young talent as well. Still need a lot more play makers on the offensive side of the ball, though. Just so frustrating.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Allen's lack of situational awareness is staggering.

How many times has he taken a sack or grounded the ball knocking us out of field goal range this year?

5? Maybe 6 times?

His football IQ is incredibly low.

Lateraling the ball with over a minute left, searching for a field goal was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen from a QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsmob88 said:

The buffalo bills are an awful franchise. I don’t care  how optimistic you may feel about our drafting. ITS BEEN 25 years since a playoff win

FANS NEED TO BOYCOTT THESE HOME GAMES. 

Fans of buffalo do NOT deserve this. This is embarrassing on all levels and has been for decades. 

WHAT THE ***** NEEDS TO CHANGE SOMEONE FIGURE IT THE ***** OUT!!! this is absolutely embarrassing on so many levels how bad this team can be every single year for the last 25 ***** YEARS!! 

Is this a Russian troll bot?? Everytime I try to get out, they bring me back!!

• Haha (+1) 1