Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

Let’s be clear, dumb football lost this game. Cody Ford dumb block, LBs dropping back 30 yds on 3rd and 18. Not wrapping up when tackling, Offside penalties. All dumb !@?)

Not to mention the biggest one, if Knox makes a football play on that designed run the Bills probably kicked a 40< field goal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Allen threw 46 times.

Singletary ran 13 times. 

Yes and on the Bills last possession, not one carry by a RB.  There's no clock issue and you've got a young QB who still makes some mistakes in critical spots not to mention a very good RB.  Give the QB some help and move the chains with some runs mixed in. 

Just now, The 9 Isles said:

Outside of the constant ball washing Brady gets from the newtworks I'm hard pressed to remember a broadcast rooting harder for a player than ESPN did today for JJ Watt. It was disgusting. 

I had to turn off the sound halfway through the 2nd half. 

Refs knew Watt is the NFL'S golden boy on D. 

Ugh... they really wanted good things for him.  After he made that sack, they couldn't keep the camera off him.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yes it was 10x more painful then that 10-3 Jags game. We had this game won. We were dominating them and right on schedule our coaches decided to go ultra conservative again. 

The will get you close defeats.  Bold coaching wins play off games

Just now, Nitro said:

You realize he was sacked three times to Watson's seven?  Those sacks on Allen were jail breaks.  Daboll and the line coach did not make adjustments to the Houston second half scheme.

I get that, but it’s a situational thing. Allen’s back to back sacks in the forth quarter can’t happen. He needs to know better. Those are situations where the ball has to get out of his hands at all costs. It shows he has a long way to go. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I get that, but it’s a situational thing. Allen’s back to back sacks in the forth quarter can’t happen. He needs to know better. Those are situations where the ball has to get out of his hands at all costs. It shows he has a long way to go. 

And  yet, he atoned for them with a BRILLIANT 1 minute drill to tie.

So, yeah, pound sand.

Can't describe the feeling right now.

This game looked won with roughly 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Somehow we crapped the bed completely. 

Our offense was yet again useless for most of the game. Our QB struggled with the basics and showed an extreme lack of awareness in crucial situations. 

The defenses wilted late, although Watson was simply spectacular. He put his team on his shoulders and willed them to victory. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

You realize he was sacked three times to Watson's seven?  Those sacks on Allen were jail breaks.  Daboll and the line coach did not make adjustments to the Houston second half scheme.

Is that Daboll?  I mean some of those Allen was standing there looking at the guys across from him.  Snaps the ball and the line let's someone through unblocked.  I have to think it's either Josh or the OL that aren't getting the assignments right rather than the playcall.  Given what we've seen even on running plays where 3 guys can't block one guy and get Josh down the field I'm not sure I'd start the blame with Daboll.

Edited by Maine-iac

1 minute ago, CommonCents said:

Not to mention the biggest one, if Knox makes a football play on that designed run the Bills probably kicked a 40< field goal.

And wasn’t DiMarco out there and missed, too, on that play?

Result sucks but we are on the rise, Patriots on the decline and we have a ton of cap space and draft picks.  Tough games build character and no one who was in this game wants to be part of another loss like that, expect them to grow from it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, The 9 Isles said:

Outside of the constant ball washing Brady gets from the newtworks I'm hard pressed to remember a broadcast rooting harder for a player than ESPN did today for JJ Watt. It was disgusting. 

I had to turn off the sound halfway through the 2nd half. 

Refs knew Watt is the NFL'S golden boy on D. 

The entire 3 hour pregame on espn and nfln was a JJFest. I knew then the odds of us winning were slim. Especially seeing him all mic ed up. The NFL is so choreographed. 

• Like (+1) 1

The buffalo bills are an awful franchise. I don’t care  how optimistic you may feel about our drafting. ITS BEEN 25 years since a playoff win

FANS NEED TO BOYCOTT THESE HOME GAMES. 

Fans of buffalo do NOT deserve this. This is embarrassing on all levels and has been for decades. 

WHAT THE ***** NEEDS TO CHANGE SOMEONE FIGURE IT THE ***** OUT!!! this is absolutely embarrassing on so many levels how bad this team can be every single year for the last 25 ***** YEARS!! 

Edited by billsmob88