Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Not blaming the refs by any means as we had every chance to win that game, but that phantom blindside block call may have cost us that win and that hurts. Just a brutal call. Throw that on top of an obvious missed delay of game call on Houston in a key moment and it's just rubbing salt in the wound. But man, it's extremely frustrating to waste so many opportunities. Should have never come down to that. Tons of money/cap space and draft picks to get some more talent on offense and to fill a couple holes on defense, but next year just seems so far away. Reload and come back stronger

Haha not blaming the refs by any means but here are two things they did in immediate succession that completely changed the outcome of the game.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DRA3196 said:

team choked in the 4th qtr. I don't think the defense gave up a 13pt lead all season. Young team trying to do too much at times. I like how aggressive the team played early, they played fearless. Once the team got the lead, they played scared. Was a fun entertaining season. Lots of things to clean up in the offseason. We will see what the 20/21 season has in store for the Bills. 

Playoffs though are different. You typically can't kick 4 FG's and expect to win.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I'll be honest I was afraid of taking a lead early.  Most games we hung around and grinded and then crept away in the second half.  I'm not sure this team knew how to play with a decent lead so early in a game.  Again with that said we had numerous chances throughout the 4th quarter and overtime to win this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SirAndrew said:

Agree with your take on the Allen called runs. Everyone agrees we didn’t do well blocking on thd QB sweep in OT. However, our called QB runs have not worked well all season. Blocking has been a consistent issue with those plays, and Allen has been much better scrambling. It’s on Daboll to realize that called Allen runs aren’t our bread and butter, so why call them in OT of a playoff game? 

42 yards on the first play of the game and one block springs him for another huge gain?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

They pitched a shut out the first half? If Daboll didn't go conservative it should've been 24-0 instead of 16-0. The D could've pinned their ears back and teed off on Watson. 16 points is nothing in the NFL. You're on the road with a 16 point lead and you go conservative? Totally on McD and Daboll. 

Yep, I agree 100%. But others here are blaming the defense and giving a pass to Da-bum & McDummy.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

I’m actually more upset of the clear delay of game on 3rd and 18 then the actual loss 

I'm shell shocked why there is no review. In the NBA, you look at the replay and make the call. Why we get no challenge, no review is unacceptable. This rule needs to change. The game should be stopped and the play blown dead. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

There was much more wrong with this team today than just Allen. I’m not convinced many QB’s would have won facing those conditions today. However, Allen made some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen a pro QB make today. I found that very concerning. At the same time we’re watching Watson breaking tackles, making something out of nothing to win the game. Our guy is taking terrible sacks, and trying to toss laterals while being tackled. 

You realize he was sacked three times to Watson's seven?  Those sacks on Allen were jail breaks.  Daboll and the line coach did not make adjustments to the Houston second half scheme.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, CaptnCoke11 said:

Good thing is we’ve seen the last of him.  

No.  Gore didn't.

The coaches that refused to dress Yeldon to give some different looks back there or if you're putting Gore in to spell Devin, then throw it on first down!

Outside of the constant ball washing Brady gets from the newtworks I'm hard pressed to remember a broadcast rooting harder for a player than ESPN did today for JJ Watt. It was disgusting. 

I had to turn off the sound halfway through the 2nd half. 

Refs knew Watt is the NFL'S golden boy on D. 

1 minute ago, Aaronthebaron said:

A lot of over-reactions here, which I totally get because this was painful. A lot of Allen blaming, but it looked like on a lot of the “bad” throws, receivers weren’t getting open. We need guys that can shake coverage when Allen is moving. Stills and Hopkins do that well for Hou. 

Offensive line looked bad at times. Remember, this is the first season this whole group has been together. The talent is there, just need more time together. 

we need a TE that can attack the zone. I hope Knox can be that—like a Shockey type—but we may not know that until next year.

Yes it was 10x more painful then that 10-3 Jags game. We had this game won. We were dominating them and right on schedule our coaches decided to go ultra conservative again. 

• Like (+1) 3

up 16-0 half way through the 3rd and the coaches call off the dogs and go into safe mode and lost, that is 1000000% on the coaches and someone needs to be held accountable. They had this game won for fun and the coaching lost it!

Edited by pop gun

Just now, BillsRdue said:

I'm shell shocked why there is no review. In the NBA, you look at the replay and make the call. Why we get no challenge, no review is unacceptable. This rule needs to change. The game should be stopped and the play blown dead. 

Face it the NFL officiating is on par with the NHL as far as being horrible