Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

Yep.  This team has an excellent core of players that we can build around.  

Last year's OL was terrible.  It was never going to be completely fixed in a single year.  It still needs work, but we'll get there.

We need another WR.  We've known that since early in the season.  Duke isn't the answer.  Again, we'll get there.

Our QB made some outstanding plays to build a lead, get us to OT, and put us in a position to win.  He's got room to grow.

This loss sucks, but there's a lot to look forward to.

not if Daboll os back.  ONE Td against the worst D in the playoffs.  

Does this remind any old timers of the 1989 season?  Bills team on the rise losing a close game to Cleveland.  Next season looks to be a brighter one.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

team choked in the 4th qtr. I don't think the defense gave up a 13pt lead all season. Young team trying to do too much at times. I like how aggressive the team played early, they played fearless. Once the team got the lead, they played scared. Was a fun entertaining season. Lots of things to clean up in the offseason. We will see what the 20/21 season has in store for the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Every single one of my DC buddies down here said the following:

Allen is going to be good.  Just needs to not be dumb with the sacks.

Your oline is awful.

You don't have a WR anyone worries about.  

How much money did they spend in the off season on that awful OL?  

Not blaming the refs by any means as we had every chance to win that game, but that phantom blindside block call may have cost us that win and that hurts. Just a brutal call. Throw that on top of an obvious missed delay of game call on Houston in a key moment and it's just rubbing salt in the wound. But man, it's extremely frustrating to waste so many opportunities. Should have never come down to that. Tons of money/cap space and draft picks to get some more talent on offense and to fill a couple holes on defense, but next year just seems so far away. Reload and come back stronger

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dakrider said:

That play didn't hurt the Bills at all.  Critique something worth being critical about.  

Once again, it was ONE example. That play is absolutely worth being critical about because it shows where our QB is at mentally in big playoff moments. I don’t feel like making a list of everything because I’m as frustrated as everyone else that the Bills lost. 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Every single one of my DC buddies down here said the following:

Allen is going to be good.  Just needs to not be dumb with the sacks.

Your oline is awful.

You don't have a WR anyone worries about.  

Oh and your play calling was bad 

4 minutes ago, John in Jax said:

Four 5-yard penalties for Hou. So Hou o-line did not hold at all, all game...zero holding? Don't think I've ever seen a team have zero holding calls on the o-line for a whole game (+ OT too).

Four five yard penalties, two of which they took intentionally to make room to punt. The commentators made it extremely clear that the NFL was going to do their best to give this game to Watt and Watson.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, WideNine said:

Our Bills defense needs to stop folding in the 2nd half of games. Good defenses close games out; They do not allow back to back scores and 2 point conversions. Missed tackles really have been a problem all year, needs to be a focus. That soft zone on 3rd and 18 was a huge mistake - did not like the call or the execution.

Not sold on Badork as our punter... and today did nothing to make me feel like we have the right guy.

Daboll did not call the best 2nd half, and the o-line needs some better pass protectors as 3 and 4 man rushes should not have been coming through our line like a hot knife thru butter. Definitely need an upgrade at RT as the Texans attacked that position with rushers setting up wide all game long. They got better on the left side defending that wide nine rusher, but even inside they were giving up pressure.

How do you call a timeout, and then put in a downfield pass play that leaves Watt unblocked when in OT????? Sheer freaking genius.

Allen choked a bit and the game got a bit big for him...just calling it as I saw it. That is where a smart OC gets the RB who is eating the Texan's lunch involved and does things to calm his QB down and lets him get into a rhythm. Instead he goes empty sets and puts more responsibility and pressure on his young QB and calls a bunch of QB designed runs when we know Allen can get hurt or put the ball on the turf. I don't get it.

I like Allen using his legs on broken plays, or designed roll outs with receiving options, but have never been a fan of him plowing into defenders on stretch running plays or off tackle.

Smoke seemed a bit off this game and I am not sure why - signaling for a flag as the ball is popped up and was still in play in the end zone. Not being aware of where the sideline was on the other deep route where normally he is really aware and would toe-tap that. White also played a bit uncharacteristically soft against Hopkins. I think he was so concerned about giving up the big play that he was giving him a bit too much cushion in the 2nd half.

Give White some slack as he was in man to man quite a bit and he did not want to give up the big play.

Agree with your take on the Allen called runs. Everyone agrees we didn’t do well blocking on thd QB sweep in OT. However, our called QB runs have not worked well all season. Blocking has been a consistent issue with those plays, and Allen has been much better scrambling. It’s on Daboll to realize that called Allen runs aren’t our bread and butter, so why call them in OT of a playoff game? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is a terrible thing to say regarding a great player, but sometimes when they hand the ball off to Gore, I wonder if Daboll is on the take. 

That handoff end of first half was all time stupid.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Mshaw said:

whole country now sees Allen as a joke of a QB...

sad to see. next year is his last year to prove it or we need to move on, at least bring competition 

What utter BS.  They saw an up & coming young talent who can make some amazing plays but still has things he must work on. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nitro said:

Does this remind any old timers of the 1989 season?  Bills team on the rise losing a close game to Cleveland.  Next season looks to be a brighter one.

Who is the current Don Shula that will announce the road to the SB will go through Buffalo next year?

• Haha (+1) 1

A lot of over-reactions here, which I totally get because this was painful. A lot of Allen blaming, but it looked like on a lot of the “bad” throws, receivers weren’t getting open. We need guys that can shake coverage when Allen is moving. Stills and Hopkins do that well for Hou. 

Offensive line looked bad at times. Remember, this is the first season this whole group has been together. The talent is there, just need more time together. 

we need a TE that can attack the zone. I hope Knox can be that—like a Shockey type—but we may not know that until next year.

• Like (+1) 1