Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Four 5-yard penalties for Hou. So Hou o-line did not hold at all, all game...zero holding? Don't think I've ever seen a team have zero holding calls on the o-line for a whole game (+ OT too).

refs sucked.  McD should point it out, but he wont.  .  

2 minutes ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

No man, they didn’t. It was one example of Allen and the offense not living up to what could’ve been after we built a lead. I am team Josh, but I’m allowed to critique the offense and him if they falter. 

That play didn't hurt the Bills at all.  Critique something worth being critical about.  

Just now, Mshaw said:

whole country now sees Allen as a joke of a QB...

sad to see. next year is his last year to prove it or we need to move on, at least bring competition 

I’d bring in Teddy B this offseason.  Wont be a FA qb like that for a while.  

Our Bills defense needs to stop folding in the 2nd half of games. Good defenses close games out; They do not allow back to back scores and 2 point conversions. Missed tackles really have been a problem all year, needs to be a focus. That soft zone on 3rd and 18 was a huge mistake - did not like the call or the execution.

Not sold on Badork as our punter... and today did nothing to make me feel like we have the right guy.

Daboll did not call the best 2nd half, and the o-line needs some better pass protectors as 3 and 4 man rushes should not have been coming through our line like a hot knife thru butter. Definitely need an upgrade at RT as the Texans attacked that position with rushers setting up wide all game long. They got better on the left side defending that wide nine rusher, but even inside they were giving up pressure.

How do you call a timeout, and then put in a downfield pass play that leaves Watt unblocked when in OT????? Sheer freaking genius.

Allen choked a bit and the game got a bit big for him...just calling it as I saw it. That is where a smart OC gets the RB who is eating the Texan's lunch involved and does things to calm his QB down and lets him get into a rhythm. Instead he goes empty sets and puts more responsibility and pressure on his young QB and calls a bunch of QB designed runs when we know Allen can get hurt or put the ball on the turf. I don't get it.

I like Allen using his legs on broken plays, or designed roll outs with receiving options, but have never been a fan of him plowing into defenders on stretch running plays or off tackle.

Smoke seemed a bit off this game and I am not sure why - signaling for a flag as the ball is popped up and was still in play in the end zone. Not being aware of where the sideline was on the other deep route where normally he is really aware and would toe-tap that. White also played a bit uncharacteristically soft against Hopkins. I think he was so concerned about giving up the big play that he was giving him a bit too much cushion in the 2nd half.

Give White some slack as he was in man to man quite a bit and he did not want to give up the big play.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Mshaw said:

whole country now sees Allen as a joke of a QB...

sad to see. next year is his last year to prove it or we need to move on, at least bring competition 

Stupid take

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, blacklabel said:

Anybody screaming for massive player/coach overhaul...walk it off cause that ain't it, chief. This team achieved a lot more than most thought they would and they're on the right path, just need a few more pieces. 

Yep.  This team has an excellent core of players that we can build around.  

Last year's OL was terrible.  It was never going to be completely fixed in a single year.  It still needs work, but we'll get there.

We need another WR.  We've known that since early in the season.  Duke isn't the answer.  Again, we'll get there.

Our QB made some outstanding plays to build a lead, get us to OT, and put us in a position to win.  He's got room to grow.

This loss sucks, but there's a lot to look forward to.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

the missed block by knox costed them, josh looked to run it to field goal range and let him get whacked, unbelievable I wanted to like knox but hes been getting the qb killed with nonexistent blocks

Edited by motorj
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

McD needs to decide if Daboll should be back.   You cant continually score under 20 and win.  

Considering that the offensive flow has shown the same trends all season long, I have to imagine McD is OK with it.

Afterall, McD is essentially Daboll’s boss. I’m not saying you fire Daboll midseason but if McD didn’t like the direction of the offense, that’s his responsibility to relay that to his coordinator. My takeaway is that he wants the offense to be more on the conservative side.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

This loss sucks. But surprisingly, I'm not that mad about it. This team is obviously on the rise, but just not there yet. 

I'm furious. This game had me losing my mind. There was no excuse for this loss. None. We were the better team and had this game in hand. They better figure this sh!t out by next year. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

Basically, the officials gave the Texans a free play and they capitalized. !@#$ the NFL. 

I don't care if folks think I'm making excuses but the officials were terrible in that game.  How many times did the Texans get called for holding?  Zero by my count. 

And do other folks remember the 3rd down play in the 4th quarter where Watt pressured Allen into throwing an incomplete pass but well after Allen threw the pass he was hit hard IN THE LEGS by a Texan defender.  That is roughing the passer every time yet no call there!

I have reached a point where I despise NFL officials. They're low life scum bags who are ruining a great game.  Today was no exception. 

Oh and what about when the refs stopped play on an illegal procedure but the Texan still hit Allen hard in the back?  Again that should have been roughing the passer.  Pegula needs to make the officials go through HELL this week.  he needs to pursue every possible angle to draw attention to how piss poor these guys are.   There is simply NO consistency as to what constitutes a penalty in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dhg said:

Stupid take

Every single one of my DC buddies down here said the following:

Allen is going to be good.  Just needs to not be dumb with the sacks.

Your oline is awful.

You don't have a WR anyone worries about.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

I thought our receivers played much better than usual this game. Brown had two plays he should have had, but Allen was a mess most of the second half. Fumbling, overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing deep to DiMarco (partial blame to Daboll for even drawing up that crap), two piss poor attempts at the end zone to end the second half, lateraling the ball to nobody with a minute left, taking bad sacks. Allen had some really good throws too, but he played far below what he's capable of. He was obviously completely shell shocked by the 4th quarter.

Edit: the O-line deserves a lot of blame for Allen's performance.

We're poorly coached on offense including Allen.  

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Like I said, on the defense. Period. 

It was nice of Milano to knock Watson of Neal’s grasp on the would be sack, too. 

Our defense is good. Not close to dominant. 

They pitched a shut out the first half? If Daboll didn't go conservative it should've been 24-0 instead of 16-0. The D could've pinned their ears back and teed off on Watson. 16 points is nothing in the NFL. You're on the road with a 16 point lead and you go conservative? Totally on McD and Daboll. 

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This ones going to hurt for a while but overall I'm still liking our team. This wasn't really the year I thought they'd make a big run and if nothing else it's great experience for this young team.

Right on brother. People forget quick our season has been over by week 10 the last 20 years. Now we got something to build on and maybe go further in play offs next year. This wasn’t a super bowl team this year. Be proud bills fans I no I am and this years draft we can talk about how it helps us make deep play off run not 6/10 go bills. Ps I hate NE 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1