Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

good season, lot to build on. But top to bottom, there needs to be some serious soul searching in the next 9 months. 

McDermott needs to decide if he wants to be the coach of a good team, that chokes when the chips are down, or if he wants to be the coach of a great team that breaks other teams noses and then stands over them daring them to try and get back up. 

Daboll needs to decide if he wants to be cute or successful. 

Allen needs to decide if he wants to play smart and loose, or if he wants to play wild and stupid. 

This is a gut wreancher. Showed some good stuff, and some *****, horrible stuff. Time to move on. 

McD needs to decide if Daboll should be back.   You cant continually score under 20 and win.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

He’ll stop doing those with more experience

My issue is plenty of rookie QB’s don’t try to lateral the ball to Knox in that situation. Plays like that are ridiculous. That was such an extremely profound mistake,  I’m not convinced experience changes it. I think he’s more of a Brett Favre type QB, who will always make really dumb plays. Guys like that need big time production that outweighs the mistakes to make it at this level. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

Basically we picked a hell of a time to get "Billsy".  I hadn't seen it all season.  Even the first Pats game it was really just Allen losing his mind.  Today the whole team took turns gift wrapping the game for the Texans.

edit:  I'll let Hauschka off the hook.  He was trying to be a hero we just decided to go backwards close to 40 yards in two plays and take it out of his hands.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 2

Only focusing on offense.....  Daboll sucks on so many levels and I seriously hope he’s gone. Running Gore is usually a 1 yard gain at best. Why were we continuously calling for Gore up the gut?? Why was Beasley not involved more?  What was our blocking scheme in the second half??   Did he just fail to make a single adjustment??  

I’m so disappointed... but then again, this is Buffalo, and this is our destiny and hell.  Why WOULDNT the game/season end like this?

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bills 7 penalties for 64 yards

Texans 4 penalties for 20.

Four 5-yard penalties for Hou. So Hou o-line did not hold at all, all game...zero holding? Don't think I've ever seen a team have zero holding calls on the o-line for a whole game (+ OT too).

• Like (+1) 3

There is so much to say here.

I think Allen was concussed by the Watt sack that Ford gave up.  That was the pivotal play of the game and they left their overmatched, heavy-footed GUARD, whom they traded up for instead of taking a playmaker and then stubbornly fixed at right tackle all season, guard 99 by himself.  Huge error in scouting and personnel management compounded by stubbornness.  That’s what you get.  (These are the same morons who started Peterman and let a raw rookie QB start his first season with no QB coach and no line).

After that play everything changed.  Allen was shook and I believe injured - the ball wasn’t coming out right, he looked confused and rushed.  Two things about that: first, the risk you take when your OC is up in the booth is that he looses the feel for how his guys are doing mentally.  Someone should’ve seen that Allen wasn’t right and STOPPED RUNNING A FIVE WIDE SPREAD OFFENSE at that point.  

Second, this is why all things being equal you take the raw QB who at least has played big games in a big program.  Watson has been there before many times; Allen wasn’t ready for the lights.  Throwing a jump ball to the fullback in double coverage when you just need a first down; refusing to take the easy slants when you just need a first down; the kid was totally SHOOK in by far the biggest game of his life and his coaches did NOTHING to help him out.

Allen played scared and lost after the Watt hit and his coaches let him down by coaching negligently and scared.  Tonight was a giant organizational face plant and they should be ashamed of themselves (as should the posters who were high-fiving Beane with A+ grades in a separate thread all week).

Lots of questions to answer in the offseason and it’s times like these I wish we had a more sophisticated ownership group.  This kind of crap would not be tolerated in more storied and stable organizations.  There needs to be accountability and some kind of reckoning after today.

Also Roger Goodell is an a-hole.  I hate him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Steptide said:

This loss sucks. But surprisingly, I'm not that mad about it. This team is obviously on the rise, but just not there yet. 

Yea I'm depressed but I'm also very optimistic about the franchise.  Most since the early 90s.

We all should take 24 hours but I get it.  

Let's vent.  

• Like (+1) 1

This game is like the whole season. Can't score touchdowns. Never gonna win that way. We were one TD away from putting this game away. Instead we folded. This one hurts bad. They folded after the first TD and I called it...were losing this game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's worse then short sighted it's damn stupid.  Allen overall played well showing signs of brilliance.  How do three guys miss #41 on that seep run by Allen in OT?  How does an NFL WR drop a perfectly placed TD pass at  the end of the 1st half that would have put us up 17 - 0?  And how is Watt unblocked and/or single blocked multiple times in the 2nd half and in OT?

If anything I'm even more bullish on Allen after this game.  We need upgrading on offense.  It's that simple.

There was a lot of breakdowns and individual assignments failures on both sides of the Ball. Allen included but he made some absolutely huge plays when needed like that beauty to Singletary For the first.. One block that was whiffed  here or there or one penalty not taken and we probably have a shot at the winning FG. 

Some have decided to always  place the blame on one guy which is the furthest thing from the truth.