Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

No one seems to be mentioning the big defensive adjustment from Houston in the second half. They spread the d-line out to attack wide and brought 5 and 6 man rushes.  Allen wanted to run outside the pocket, but couldn't, and our o-line was getting owned by this technique. This adjustment totally took out our offense. For sure, it's something they weren't prepared for.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, John in Jax said:

Yep, and it wasn't a true "blind side", because the defender saw him coming, and even fought off the block and didn't go down.

That rule needs to be amended and brought up in the coaches meeting. Players should be allowed to put hands on or shoulder a player without vicious intent. Which is what happened..... I don’t want to see basketball picks on the football field.

That play wouldn’t be called in 98% of High School games, but here we are in the NFL!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to take a minute and say it was a crazy game. Thanks to the mods on here keeping things in check. We have a lot of work to do in the offseason. Emotions are crazy after such an insane game. After taking my blood pressure medicine and a few deep breaths I look forward to debating all of you on free agency and the draft. Fun season. Frustrating season. No reason to think the arrow isn’t pointing up though. 

The OT drive.  Running Allen and could have had a long run but Knox misses a key block.  8 yards from FG range and they rake a penalty.  Once they punted, I knew in my gut that Houston was going to win.  The defense was exposed by an athletic QB.   Look forward to the draft and FA signings.  Bills have a bright future

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It's worse then short sighted it's damn stupid.  Allen overall played well showing signs of brilliance.  How do three guys miss #41 on that seep run by Allen in OT?  How does an NFL WR drop a perfectly placed TD pass at  the end of the 1st half that would have put us up 17 - 0?  And how is Watt unblocked and/or single blocked multiple times in the 2nd half and in OT?

If anything I'm even more bullish on Allen after this game.  We need upgrading on offense.  It's that simple.

Agree on all fronts.  We really need a RT overall. What a tough loss.

The team was overhauled this year. They have 90 mil in cap space upcoming and the draft. Need better play calling though. They should have run Singletary more in OT when they crossed the 50, also the converted 3rd and 18 on the soft coverage burried us

• Like (+1) 1

What a poopy feeling. I dunno what was up with that second half but it wasn't pretty. Allen got overwhelmed, Daboll forgot he has Devin Singletary, the OL just allowing so many pressures right off the snap, that's been happening all season, McDermott needs to have a chat with Bobby Johnson on that stuff. And a bunch of other miscues. They had their chance, though. Seemed as the game went on they got more out of sync. Maybe it got too big for them.

Anybody screaming for massive player/coach overhaul...walk it off cause that ain't it, chief. This team achieved a lot more than most thought they would and they're on the right path, just need a few more pieces. 

Lastly, holy effin' crap, I will jump in a piranha tank wearing steak underpants before I listen to Joe Tessitore again. Had it muted by the second quarter. I'd pay good money to see him get the taste slapped out his mouth. 

• Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

This is bunk.  His WR's let him down constantly and he has to overcome the putrid play calling.  Unrealistic to expect that from a 23 year old.

Did you see John Brown hop up when he needed to get his feet down at the 10 yard line?  Would've been first and goal, instead is a FG.  So many examples.

Dimarco is a WR in overtime for 7 plays?  Really?  

I thought our receivers played much better than usual this game. Brown had two plays he should have had, but Allen was a mess most of the second half. Fumbling, overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing deep to DiMarco (partial blame to Daboll for even drawing up that crap), two piss poor attempts at the end zone to end the second half, lateraling the ball to nobody with a minute left, taking bad sacks. Allen had some really good throws too, but he played far below what he's capable of. He was obviously completely shell shocked by the 4th quarter.

Edit: the O-line deserves a lot of blame for Allen's performance.

Edited by MPT
  • Like (+1) 2