Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

1 minute ago, schoolhouserock said:

At the beginning of the 2nd half... I understand that the ultimate ruling was “in the spirit of the game”, but by the rules of the game, was that not a fumble-TD? That’s something that needs to be addressed by the NFL and officials - it was so awkward.

The announcers kept harping that "common sense prevailed" but what's the point of a damn rule if you're going to enforce it when you want to?  The dude fielded it and never took a knee.

8 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

go f yurself

Same to you buddy.

Sorry if I’m emotional after a heart breaking loss. It’s not like I’m on here always talking trash or putting this team down. I ALWAYS support this team and find reasons to be optimistic. Right now I’m just pissed. I feel sick to my stomach over this loss. 

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

Allen played badly, but he's not the one who let Houston walk up and down the field in the second half.  It took the whole team to choke this one away.

if yo think that then you dont know what you are watching

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

our “franchise” qb jas one TD drive vs. a terrible pass D, among other things.   Get Teddy B in FA.  

Nah he's going to get at least one more year. Coaches are going to have to stop protecting him and open things up more and see what happens because we seem to be brushing up against our ceiling playing this way. I get why they're so hesitant to trust his decision making. 

Edited by VW82
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh fumbling at the end there hurt. The penalty was ridiculous on Ford. Tre got cooked by Dhop in the second half there. Our hero Matt Milano missed a ton of tackles. Siran Neal, yikes. 

Sean McFieldgoal, coaches scared, we get these results. Plain and simple. 

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Future is bright but should have won this game.  Defense can’t give up 19 points in a row and can’t give up a 3rd and 18.    Duke could have made the one end zone catch, Knox throws a block in OT and we get a chip shot to win.  Josh made a couple poor decisions.  And if Hughes doesn’t get his typical unsportsmanlike we maybe get a TD instead of a FG.  

What this game showed me is Allen is the guy.  Brought them back to tie and had them there to win in OT without the Ford illegal block that wasn’t.

Exactly my thoughts. Came down to big game experience and I was hoping the young guys would float through but Texans are seasoned in post season and that was the difference for me.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Piling on Allen is short sighted.  Offensive line was porous.  Lack of using Singletary for long stretches.  Defense was not up to the task today.  This is a replay of NE and Baltimore games.  

It's worse then short sighted it's damn stupid.  Allen overall played well showing signs of brilliance.  How do three guys miss #41 on that sweep run by Allen in OT?  How does an NFL WR drop a perfectly placed TD pass at  the end of the 1st half that would have put us up 17 - 0?  And how is Watt unblocked and/or single blocked multiple times in the 2nd half and in OT?

If anything I'm even more bullish on Allen after this game.  We need upgrading on offense.  It's that simple.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Elite Poster said:

Josh fumbling at the end there hurt. The penalty was ridiculous on Ford. Tre got cooked by Dhop in the second half there. Our hero Matt Milano missed a ton of tackles. Siran Neal, yikes. 

Sean McFieldgoal, coaches scared, we get these results. Plain and simple. 

Gutless Jauron and now Sean McFieldgoal.  When will it end?

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

The announcers kept harping that "common sense prevailed" but what's the point of a damn rule if you're going to enforce it when you want to?  The dude fielded it and never took a knee.

That Georgetown guard who passed the ball to the UNC player didn't mean it either.  They should give Georgetown a do over.

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I am so frustrated at this loss.  But starting in OT here are the plays that lost us the game:

*  On the Allen sweep, we had THREE guys out in front and NOT ONE OF THEM could get a hit on #41 who gave Allen a vicious helmet to helmet tackle.  If just one of these guys had got that block Allen gains at least 10 yards and we're on our way to the winning FG.  That was an inexcusable miss by the 3 guys lead blocking on that play.

*  On 3rd & 18 in OT an elite defense does not allow a check down pass to gain the first down.  It's one thing if Watson made a great throw and the WR made a great catch past the sticks but come on.  That play was an example of the game killing conservatism of coach McD.  He has to get past that next year or coaching is the problem.  On that play the D was playing to conservative and the result was a lost playoff game.

*  Later in the Texans drive with a 2nd & 9 and two guys hit Watson YOU MUST MAKE THE TACKLE.  Why didn't Milano wrap him up?  It would been 3rd & 17.  The FACT is that for as well as the D played in the first two and a half quarters they played terrible in the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter, the 4th quarter and OT.  Remember had the D stopped JUST ONE of the 2 pt conversions our last FG would have been the WINNING FG.

This is pretty much it. Dammit! So close!

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1