Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

My stomach hurts. 
I’m looking for drugs. 
My kids think I’m insane. 
Canceled my plans to go out tonight. 

Devastating team loss.

Insane game. 
Feeling for the guys in that locker room right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Josh Allen has his moments, but he isn't a good QB.

Good news is, he's only in his 2nd year.  There's still time.

This is bunk.  His WR's let him down constantly and he has to overcome the putrid play calling.  Unrealistic to expect that from a 23 year old.

Did you see John Brown hop up when he needed to get his feet down at the 10 yard line?  Would've been first and goal, instead is a FG.  So many examples.

Dimarco is a WR in overtime for 7 plays?  Really?  

1 minute ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Ya man I replayed the "blindsid block" I don't understand it.. or why the announcers or anyone really didn't B word about it

Can someone explain it to me?

That's the new rule. You can't block a player if you are facing YOUR end zone. Doesn't matter if it's in the back or face to face. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

A game they should have won. The offense disappears whenever they have the lead. Coaching not to lose is a loser's mentality.

3rd and 18 you send the house, not fall back in a soft zone. The Gore run before the end of the half sticks out as all time stupid.

3 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Allen is the main reason we had to play overtime. even he knows it

he will learn

Allen played badly, but he's not the one who let Houston walk up and down the field in the second half.  It took the whole team to choke this one away.

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen 24/46 52% another Sub 60% game with a loss. If Allen hits Duke Williams maybe McDermott fries a 59 yard field goal. We had the ball at the Houston 42 that’s 59 yards. All we needed was to run the ball. I put this loss on McDermott who collapsed down the stretch after a 9-3 start we end up 10-7. Really disappointing but it’s hard to win with such an erratic QB. 

fkng percentages didn't win or lose the game.  did you even watch the game at all???  Who brings up percentages in a OT game.  1 play at several different intervals could have changed this game. not percentages.  Buy a damn clue! 

Just now, White Linen said:

This is bunk.  His WR's let him down constantly and he has to overcome the putrid play calling.  Unrealistic to expect that from a 23 year old.

Did you see John Brown hop up when he needed to get his feet down at the 10 yard line?  Would've been first and goal, instead is a FG.  So many examples.

Dimarco is a WR in overtime for 7 plays?  Really?  

I’m glad someone else saw that stupid hop by brown. No need for it. 

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Future is bright but should have won this game.  Defense can’t give up 19 points in a row and can’t give up a 3rd and 18.    Duke could have made the one end zone catch, Knox throws a block in OT and we get a chip shot to win.  Josh made a couple poor decisions.  And if Hughes doesn’t get his typical unsportsmanlike we maybe get a TD instead of a FG.  

What this game showed me is Allen is the guy.  Brought them back to tie and had them there to win in OT without the Ford illegal block that wasn’t.

Is Allen the guy? Jury is still out with plays like the uncalled for lateral with a minute left. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I am so frustrated at this loss.  But starting in OT here are the plays that lost us the game:

*  On the Allen sweep, we had THREE guys out in front and NOT ONE OF THEM could get a hit on #41 who gave Allen a vicious helmet to helmet tackle.  If just one of these guys had got that block Allen gains at least 10 yards and we're on our way to the winning FG.  That was an inexcusable miss by the 3 guys lead blocking on that play.

*  On 3rd & 18 in OT an elite defense does not allow a check down pass to gain the first down.  It's one thing if Watson made a great throw and the WR made a great catch past the sticks but come on.  That play was an example of the game killing conservatism of coach McD.  He has to get past that next year or coaching is the problem.  On that play the D was playing to conservative and the result was a lost playoff game.

*  Later in the Texans drive with a 2nd & 9 and two guys hit Watson YOU MUST MAKE THE TACKLE.  Why didn't Milano wrap him up?  It would been 3rd & 17.  The FACT is that for as well as the D played in the first two and a half quarters they played terrible in the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter, the 4th quarter and OT.  Remember had the D stopped JUST ONE of the 2 pt conversions our last FG would have been the WINNING FG.

You nailed it three glaring examples of epic fails  Morse whiffed on the block to spring Allen on the sweep  Coach doesnt know how to go for the throat on offense or defense  Frankly I'm sick of that style of football  Milano and Edmunds for all the praise we heap on them are not great tacklers

• Awesome! (+1) 1