Playoff #1 Bills @ Texans PostGame Thread

4 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

Honestly people saying we got conservative are lost.  We weren't conservative enough.  We forgot about running the ball in 4th when OT. 

I don't understand that either.  It's like we felt like we were under some time pressure, but we weren't.  We had all the time in the world and I think if we had mixed in the run we would have had a better chance.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Disappointed in Allen. His ball security issues continued and he made one of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen in my 47 years of watching football. 

The game seemed too big for him against a very suspect defense which, to me, is more than worrisome.

wow you made it to 47, miracles do happen, how about the coaching was putrid, period!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I am so frustrated at this loss.  But starting in OT here are the plays that lost us the game:

*  On the Allen sweep, we had THREE guys out in front and NOT ONE OF THEM could get a hit on #41 who gave Allen a vicious helmet to helmet tackle.  If just one of these guys had got that block Allen gains at least 10 yards and we're on our way to the winning FG.  That was an inexcusable miss by the 3 guys lead blocking on that play.

*  On 3rd & 18 in OT an elite defense does not allow a check down pass to gain the first down.  It's one thing if Watson made a great throw and the WR made a great catch past the sticks but come on.  That play was an example of the game killing conservatism of coach McD.  He has to get past that next year or coaching is the problem.  On that play the D was playing to conservative and the result was a lost playoff game.

*  Later in the Texans drive with a 2nd & 9 and two guys hit Watson YOU MUST MAKE THE TACKLE.  Why didn't Milano wrap him up?  It would been 3rd & 17.  The FACT is that for as well as the D played in the first two and a half quarters they played terrible in the 2nd half of the 3rd quarter, the 4th quarter and OT.  Remember had the D stopped JUST ONE of the 2 pt conversions our last FG would have been the WINNING FG.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Piling on Allen is short sighted.  Offensive line was porous.  Lack of using Singletary for long stretches.  Defense was not up to the task today.  This is a replay of NE and Baltimore games.  

This defense has been piss poor tackling all season long!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I honestly kind of hope that nobody shows up at the airport to greet these a-holes and pat them on the back for pissing away a game they had in total control. 

Im sick of celebrating moral victories and loser teams. I mean, they did have a good season and all, but this game was there for the taking and they let 1 stupid sack turn the entire game. So damn soft.

I hope everyone learns from this. This team needs a to find its killer instinct. This game should’ve been put away in the first half. Too many points left on the field. 

And McDermott needs to stop playing it so safe. A 13pt lead ain’t *****. I honestly hope he learns from this. He’s smart enough to. 

Duke all year sits and then he gets major looks. How many did he drop

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Disappointed in Allen. His ball security issues continued and he made one of the dumbest plays I’ve ever seen in my 47 years of watching football. 

The game seemed too big for him against a very suspect defense which, to me, is more than worrisome.

I’ve seen plays like that... at the college level during bowl games... from players that were in way over their heads when they went up against truly talented teams. It was so disheartening to see it from Allen.

1 minute ago, Binghamton Beast said:

More disappointed in the coaches  Last offensive drive they acted like the clock was an issue  Run the football its OT no clock to fight  Some questionable decisions on defense none worse than sitting in a soft zone and allowing a 3rd and 18 to get picked up on a simple checkdown  Lot of those drives in the red zone we literally wasted plays  No sense of we need to get a td  McDermott was comfortable playing for fgs

1 minute ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Knox miss cost a 20+ yard gain no doubt but 

We probably win the game if the players execute that play competently.  It was a perfectly-designed play called at the perfect time, that should have been a game-winner.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Cmon, they gave up 22 pts. Its a total team failure and it starts with McD. 

You send pressure on 3rd and 18. Not drop 20 yards

Like I said, on the defense. Period. 

It was nice of Milano to knock Watson of Neal’s grasp on the would be sack, too. 

Our defense is good. Not close to dominant.