Watching Bills without cable

meh

Please advise of viable options for watching Bills on ESPN without cable. (Not looking for a free option)

For the Pats game I tried signing up for the NFL network and after going through all the steps to sign-up, provide CC info and get the app on Roku, I was then prompted to login to my cable provider account, which of course I don't have.  I'm hoping to avoid the time wasting and frustration if the same will happen when I try to add ESPN channel to Roku. 

Thank you.

An HD antenna would work. The game will be on ABC local I think. 

they are like 40 bucks and the picture is really good, depending on the positioning, etc...

also super easy to hook up. Just plug into the coax and go. 

Edited by dubs

Thanks!  I didn't see ABC listed when I checked nfl.com for broadcast.  I've got an HD antenna which is how I watch most games, but after missing the NE game and not having a solution wanted to get ahead of it this time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

An HD antenna would work. The game will be on ABC local I think. 

they are like 40 bucks and the picture is really good, depending on the positioning, etc...

also super easy to hook up. Just plug into the coax and go. 

We have this HD antenna.  Have used it for years

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-HDTV-Antenna

I'd like to build this one when I get a Round Tuit

https://lifehacker.com/build-your-own-paper-thin-super-powerful-hd-antenna-5919128

I'm a little concerned about the game as it isn't listed on ABC locally here - just "TBA" - even though it says it's broadcast nationwide on 506.

But I have my backup plans:

1) Neighbor's house along with Hound of the Baskervilles.  Neighbor is gone and we're dog-sitting.  Has ESPN.  A bit concerned Hound won't allow me to sit on Her Sofa.

2) Different neighbor's house along with 3 parrots.  I got a good start on teaching them the Shout song during the Patriots game.  Problem was we lost that one so.....

3) Bills Backers bar (verified on Facebook)

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, meh said:

Please advise of viable options for watching Bills on ESPN without cable. (Not looking for a free option)

For the Pats game I tried signing up for the NFL network and after going through all the steps to sign-up, provide CC info and get the app on Roku, I was then prompted to login to my cable provider account, which of course I don't have.  I'm hoping to avoid the time wasting and frustration if the same will happen when I try to add ESPN channel to Roku. 

Thank you.

ABC affiliates around WNY have the game.  I've got my HD antenna ready to go.

45 minutes ago, meh said:

Thank you.

local ABC tv 

Or streaming options 

Watch on TV

Broadcast Information: ESPN/ABC

Play-by-Play: Joe Tessitore

Commentary: Booger McFarland

Sideline: Lisa Salters

Watch on Mobile

Live game streams are available on the following platforms: *

For the Pats game, I ended up watching it on my phone.  I had to download an app for it, the name of which I probably can't mention, but it begins with "y."  When I tried to mirror it on my TV, I got a message.  "This content is not authorized by the NFL for TV."  So, I was stuck with my five inch screen on my phone

If all else fails

Listen Live

Fans can listen to the action on the Bills Radio Network, featuring longtime center Eric Wood and the voice of the Bills, John Murphy.

Bills Radio Network:

• Buffalo: * WGR550 (550 AM)
  • Toronto: * Fan 590 (590 AM)
  • Rochester: WCMF (96.5 AM) & WROC (950 AM)
  • Syracuse: KROCK (WKRL 100.9 & 106.5 FM) & (94.9 FM Utica)

Play-by-Play: John Murphy

Color Analyst: Eric Wood

Sideline: Sal Capaccio

*Flagship stations

A complete list of radio stations across the Bills Radio Network, is available here.

National Radio:

The game will also be broadcast on the Westwood One radio network.

Play-by-Play: Tom McCarthy

Color Analyst: Rod Woodson

Sideline: Hub Arkush

The dofu sports app in both the ios and android app store works the best. I don't know how Apple approved it, but it's legitimately there. I usually use my phone to pick the youtube stream as an option, then go to a youtube app on my apple tv and find that stream in my history folder to watch it on the big screen. You can also airplay it or cast it to chromecast.