Playoff #1 PreGame Thread. Bills @ Texans

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

My BBFS is flaring up worse than Andy Reid’s IBS in the fourth quarter... that being said, I can’t shake the feeling that we’re gonna stomp them... my feelings have been pretty accurate this year, and this just feels like an easy win. Hope I’m not a jinx!

Whoa whoa whoa! I like it. I feel pretty good too.

• Haha (+1) 1

Man listening to PTI from yersteday...Kornheiser said the pressure was really all on Deshaun Watson to show he has made the "next step", then Wilbon says he thinks the pressure is all on O'brien to show he can win one of these playoff games. I've kind of all been looking at it from the BB point of view. but I think both these points make sense.

We seem to be well regarded everywhere but the overall feeling the press gives off is 'they're not ready yet, too little experience'

Man wouldn't it be awesome for US to take the "next step" now.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Tre just disrespected by Hopkins during Michael Ervin interview...ranks Tre 6th and said he's weak and has not earned his respect because he plays zone.

Strong words “ignorance is bliss. He doesnt realize he’s just a zone corner” 

WOW

Edited by Stank_Nasty

Hey, you know what--maybe you could move this to "off the wall".

Maybe it's a thread that would be better served as a comment in another post.

We're having friends over, the pregame show has been on all afternoon, there's still about 2 hours til kickoff.

The menu is set, the house is clean, the surround sound is warmed up.

And I'm... unironically FIRED THE ***** UP for some BILLS playoff football.

It's been years since I've felt this way about this hobby.

The drought really did some damage to my fandom.

I'm remembering now, as I chill the drinks and clean the flatscreen: the season doesn't start til the post season.

The wives and girlfriends don't care until it's

"so if they lose this weekend the season's over?"

There's an energy in the air, everyone wants to see what happens here: is Josh for real, can we advance to Baltimore or KC?

Is this the end of Brady?

It's so nice to be one of the only story lines in the league. It's a freaking validation of this "hobby." It's why we post here, why we watch the draft, why we argue with each other about free agents, or strength of schedule, or any other dumb thing we get passionate about. Now, for the next few hours, WE ARE the center of American Pop Culture. And you know what, it's pretty damn fun.

I know, I know--the drought ended 2 years ago. But that didn't "feel" real. We backed in, sure, but even if we had beat Jax, it didn't feel like that team was built to win it all. But now? This is the 88 squad, the 89 squad. These are guys we'll be watching for the next handful of years. There's so much riding on this.

In this day and age, things happen and go by so quickly, it's hard to care about anything. Or at least, it feels like that at times. (Are we at war with Iran yet, or is that over?) But today? It's all Buffalo, for the afternoon.

Alright boys, I don't post here during the game, and I like to stay away after. I'll talk to you next week.

God bless you all, your families in Buffalo and around the world. I hope you have a lot of fun and make some of the memories that I cherish--some great afternoons with my grand parents who are no longer here, uncles, aunts and cousins that have also passed on. Remembering those Super Bowl years and what it meant to us all--I'd be lying if I said I won't get choked up a few times today just letting it all wash over me today. Today, we're all Bills mafia again. 

Let's have some fun and start a new era!

Oh.

One more thing...

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1