Top 25 rookies of 2019

Hebert19

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Crap. We have two players lower than Metcalf. 

Beane is a bum. Asleep at the wheel. Show me the baby. 

All that stuff that people like to say when they complain comes to mind. 

I give him a B- :rolleyes:

Edited by H2o

Daniel Jones 7th and Ed Oliver 19th get real... Jones flashed some potential but Ed had by far the better rookie campaign. 

5 sacks as a rookie DT is an amazing season. Heck that is a good season for experienced DTs

Edited by Kmart128
  • Like (+1) 1

Good for them! Add Ford, Knox, Sweeney, Joseph, D. Johnson, J. Johnson, T. Johnson, Neal, Edmunds, H. Phillips, Allen, Boettger & Wallace and it’s a great 2 year haul! Then there’s Christian Wade...

We need sunglasses, cuz the future is Bright!?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, The Wiz said:

ummm yeah I know you’re being sarcastic but there are quite a few WR on this list we could have had. It’s not nitpicking or hindsight when it has been a glaring need position for 3 seasons. Cody Ford is #26 though I’m sure. 

The position will hopefully be addressed this draft so no big deal, but it would have been a near perfect draft with Brown or Metcalf instead of Ford. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

How about "a better draft woud have got us 3"? 

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Good for them! Add Ford, Knox, Sweeney, Joseph, D. Johnson, J. Johnson, T. Johnson, Neal, Edmunds, H. Phillips, Allen, Boettger & Wallace and it’s a great 2 year haul! Then there’s Christian Wade...

I guess I’m biased, but I think Knox had a right to be in there.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

...great call bud.....McBeane striking gold in the later rounds (4th, 5th, even UDFA's) tells me he has one helluva staff doing their homework.....read that he has 17+, many of whom were VP of Player Personnel or Director of Pro Player Personnel position holders elsewhere in the NFL...ALL on Pegula's nickel.....hell, I'd bet the Department Payroll approaches $5 mil with McBeane included...thank you Clueless Owner.........in contrast, the Bungles have THREE in their department, one of which is Mike Brown's daughter (probably at minimum wage knowing him).....

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Going into last years draft I thought it was a much deeper and talented group of WR’s that people were giving credit.   

7 WR’s on that list.

I always thought it was deep. Didn't see a true top end talent. My #1 was AJ Brown and my #2 was DK Metcalf but I had them both with high 2nd round grades. So far that looks a little harsh on Metcalf and a lot harsh on Brown. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I always thought it was deep. Didn't see a true top end talent. My #1 was AJ Brown and my #2 was DK Metcalf but I had them both with high 2nd round grades. So far that looks a little harsh on Metcalf and a lot harsh on Brown. 

Im very happy with the Bills draft, just wish they would have had a chance to scoop one up in the mid to early rounds.   But when I look at the Bills draft I’m happy to have just about all the guys they got.   

Im fairly certain they will pick up quality prospects at both the edge rush position and at WR this coming draft.

7 minutes ago, Magox said:

Im very happy with the Bills draft, just wish they would have had a chance to scoop one up in the mid to early rounds.   But when I look at the Bills draft I’m happy to have just about all the guys they got.   

Im fairly certain they will pick up quality prospects at both the edge rush position and at WR this coming draft.

I know he has serious character questions and he doesn't scream process but Preston Williams as an UDFA was a risk worth taking for me. He was on pace for basically the same numbers as Metcalf before his injury. 

EDIT: He was my #5 Wide Receiver with a low 2nd round grade but an obvious character asterisk. I'd have thrown the Tommy Sweeny pick at him.

Edited by GunnerBill

38 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm pretty salty about the Bills not adding a big WR1 when they had the chance...........but I gotta' admit that Daboll's complicated offense probably would have largely nullified him.

Got to see more of Robert Foster last week and got to see why he hasn't been playing.    Doesn't understand coverages and adjust routes at the level anticipated.    Meanwhile seasoned vets like Brown and Beasley get open easier in this offense.    They need to draft a couple WR's this year.......there is just no way they won't run into clear BPA WR's......but realistically they probably need to pursue a veteran WR1 because these WR's coming out aren't likely to be able to get up to speed in this system.

• Like (+1) 1