Sparano on Brian Daboll

wppete

21 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Honestly Coach, I think a lot of the problem is Josh's inaccuracy. I've seen plays called where Josh missed on the throw. Or Oline whiffs on blocks.

Or playing top 10 defenses repeatedly over the last few weeks. I think this will be a break out game for the offense against a weak defense. Look at Allen's completion percentage throughout the season. He was comfortably above 60% the first half of the season. As soon as he started playing top defenses that percentage tumbled. The Texans have too many flaws on defense and Buffalo has the weapons to exploit them.

I think Daboll is doing a good job. His offense is complicated and against weaker defenses, shines.  I have to believe that the offense is still growing into a more dominant unit. The only thing I am concerned about is how conservative the team plays when we have a lead. In the playoffs, that mentality can come back to bite you. Got to keep your foot on the gas.

34 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Honestly Coach, I think a lot of the problem is Josh's inaccuracy. I've seen plays called where Josh missed on the throw. Or Oline whiffs on blocks.

Some of it is Josh, but lots of dropped passes, plus some O line break downs that have ended drives, play calling has not helped at times either. We shall see how this all progresses.

Go Bills!!! 

My problem with Daboll is that his play calling goes to sleep for entire portions of the game most weeks. Then, seemingly out of the blue, the Bills put a drive together and everyone in the room says ‘where have those plays been all game long’? Or...‘Did Daboll just realize there’s a backside to his play sheet’? There are no throw away possessions in the playoffs! Come on Daboll! Make every possession count.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My problem with Daboll is that his play calling goes to sleep for entire portions of the game most weeks. Then, seemingly out of the blue, the Bills put a drive together and everyone in the room says ‘where have those plays been all game long’? Or...‘Did Daboll just realize there’s a backside to his play sheet’? There are no throw away possessions in the playoffs! Come on Daboll! Make every possession count.

Daboll's play calling goes to sleep when receivers drop balls, Allen throws incomplete passes, and the oline fails to block. There were dozens of big plays left on the field this year.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

never understood why these guys don't take the shades off for interviews.

Because when he was 16 and working at a fast food place changing hot fryer oil the hose exploded in his face and damaged both eyes, burning his cornea making his left eye sensitive to light.

http://m.startribune.com/behind-the-shades-tony-sparano-gives-vikings-o-line-fresh-set-of-eyes/388038942/

• Like (+1) 1

How many times has he called that QB sweep play and how many times has it worked? His scheme and player development might be good but his play calling is atrocious more often than not.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Because when he was 16 and working at a fast food place changing hot fryer oil the hose exploded in his face and damaged both eyes, burning his cornea making his left eye sensitive to light.

http://m.startribune.com/behind-the-shades-tony-sparano-gives-vikings-o-line-fresh-set-of-eyes/388038942/

Jeez, I was not aware (and feel like a dumbass).  RIP Tony.

6 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Jeez, I was not aware (and feel like a dumbass).  RIP Tony.

ease up on yourself bud......not everyone would know.....similar situation with Mark Davis of Barrett-Jackson auto auctioneers.....you would not know unless you looked it up...

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Isn't it like that for ALL teams? One difference is there's not been a dominating all-out offensive game, except maybe for the 1st half of the Vikings game. But even powerful offenses, while we can "sense" they will score and get some drives at some point, they still punt. I've seen Rodgers with many 3 and outs. I think highlights give people unrealistic expectations. 

The Bills will be lucky to have Daboll back with Josh for a third straight season. A lot of QB's are held back in their development by having a constant windmill of OC's and HC's. It's not as important later in a QB's career but especially early on, QB's can really benefit from the consistency and rapport they develop with that one guy who they can trust and who knows their strengths and weaknesses. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

The Bills will be lucky to have Daboll back with Josh for a third straight season. A lot of QB's are held back in their development by having a constant windmill of OC's and HC's. It's not as important later in a QB's career but especially early on, QB's can really benefit from the consistency and rapport they develop with that one guy who they can trust and who knows their strengths and weaknesses. 

It's also been made abundantly clear in recent interviews that Josh trusts Daboll completely. 

You are what your record says you are. They are who we thought they were....the bills have TOO MUCH talent on offense to be bottom of the league. Duke and isiah should both be starting. Lee smith should be inactive.

more screens, shallow crosses, no huddle should be employed....reverses, and 3 wide go routes....

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jay free said:

You are what your record says you are. They are who we thought they were....the bills have TOO MUCH talent on offense to be bottom of the league. Duke and isiah should both be starting. Lee smith should be inactive.

more screens, shallow crosses, no huddle should be employed....reverses, and 3 wide go routes....

I agree Duke should be playing today but I would make Foster inactive. 

13 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

I'm trying to be patient with these two and hope it becomes a long term solution for the offense. So far it's been a little rocky and I just don't feel like Daboll is a great play caller or schemer. We have a lot of underused weapons on this offense and it lacks creativity and diversity.

This is exactly how I view Daboll. He just doesn't impress me much.

7 minutes ago, harv shitz said:

This is exactly how I view Daboll. He just doesn't impress me much.

...probably yet another senior moment observation, but why do I think he shows something being successful offensively, but then abandons it?...admittedly, I'm probably way off base but he seems to be "play fearless" and then reverts back to "play fearful".....

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Isn't it like that for ALL teams? One difference is there's not been a dominating all-out offensive game, except maybe for the 1st half of the Vikings game. But even powerful offenses, while we can "sense" they will score and get some drives at some point, they still punt. I've seen Rodgers with many 3 and outs. I think highlights give people unrealistic expectations. 

I’m sure most teams suffer from similar issues but my comments are directly related to play calling creativity. The Bills have way too many possessions that look like preseason games with the simplistic plays you’d expect in August. 

2 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...probably yet another senior moment observation, but why do I think he shows something being successful offensively, but then abandons it?...admittedly, I'm probably way off base but he seems to be "play fearless" and then reverts back to "play fearful".....

I have seen the same thing! He gets something working, then forgets it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Size up those ‘fans’ and you’ll understand. It won’t keep you from becoming ill, but you’ll be able to spot them earlier and avoid their takes.

Unfortunately there are a lot of them here with all the anti Daboll threads that go up every week.