Concerned about Watt's brace

1 hour ago, WotAGuy said:

This sounds like premature whining. 

Better than after the fact whining... 

plant the seed in the refs head, can’t hurt, all part of a good overall game plan strategy imo, leave no potential advantage unaddressed. Get in your opponents head. This is war without actually, well, killing anyone... its Win or go home time. Just sayin, 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Never understood why the league allows a brace at all. Anything further than a buttery soft brace should not be allowed. The stretchy, fabric knee braces that some people use, perfectly fine. Reinforced plastic brace, absolutely not. This isn’t the bionic league. 

Sorry dude, youre badly misinformed.

Watch any college or NFL game.

Most OL are wearing very sturdy knee braces.  Its a good idea. You want to see MORE knee injuries??  the stretchy fabric knee braces are for girls gymnastics.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Reports are Watt will wear a brace to limit his arm motion.

As we saw, Gronkowski misused his brace as a weapon and assaulted Tre' White

vs Steelers, we all saw Watt's brother punch Josh (not the ball - Josh) hard

Is there a pathway for the Bills to raise a concern with the league and with the officials that they be on the watch for and prevent misuse of the brace as a weapon?

Because a different player on a different team did something in a different season you are worried? 

and trying to punch out the ball is good defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I just hope he’s not being foolish like kevin Durant was - and is truly healthy enough to play.  Don’t get me wrong - I want a big massive win by the Bills - but it would be a shame for any player to rush back from a major injury and make it exponentially worse like Durant did.

Edited by vanhalen26

6 minutes ago, vanhalen26 said:

I just hope he’s not being foolish like kevin Durant was - and is truly healthy enough to play.  Don’t get me wrong - I want a big massive win by the Bills - but it would be a shame for any player to rush back from a major injury and make it exponentially worse like Durant did.

I think that’s exactly what he is doing. 

I told my buddies before KD played that I was sure it was an Achilles. Chronic, nagging “Lower calf strain”? Just way too risky. 

same with watt. Really dumb idea to

be rushing back from a torn pec. If he rests, he has so many more months to truly get back to 100%. 

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

My wife graduated with Gronk at U of AZ. (She’s considerably younger than I am). She said he was always the guy at the keg; the “keg master.” She thinks he’s hilarious. She loved watching him play.

I’m much less concerned about the fact that my wife may have slept with Gronk than I am about the need for a Bills player to rip JJ Watts pec back out of its normal spot on the first play tomorrow. 

This is probably my favorite post of 2020. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

Sorry dude, youre badly misinformed.

Watch any college or NFL game.

Most OL are wearing very sturdy knee braces.  Its a good idea. You want to see MORE knee injuries??  the stretchy fabric knee braces are for girls gymnastics.

I completely agree with most of what you say.  That girls gymnastics stuff is dangerous as crap.  I cringe everytime I see my daughter flying through the air over a balance beam.  

2 hours ago, Success said:

I genuinely dislike it when Gronk gets remembered like this fun frat boy baller.

Total thug, who could have really hurt Tre w/ that move.  And all because he was so frustrated w/ a jersey pull, up by 3 scores w/ 5 minutes to go in a game.

Never forget.  I don't care how goofy he is now on TV.

Considering he got away with offensive pass interference on every other play so NE could maintain their "elite" offense, he had no room to complain about no-calls.

On top of constantly clubbing people with his still-totally-needed cast/brace/whatever, of course.

1 hour ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I’ve got to think braces are regulated by the NFL and these braces are not as heavy duty as they look. 

Just don't forget the exception for New England TEs.

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Reports are Watt will wear a brace to limit his arm motion.

As we saw, Gronkowski misused his brace as a weapon and assaulted Tre' White

vs Steelers, we all saw Watt's brother punch Josh (not the ball - Josh) hard

Is there a pathway for the Bills to raise a concern with the league and with the officials that they be on the watch for and prevent misuse of the brace as a weapon?

Watt always wears a huge arm brace to begin with...maybe Gronk got roid rage and decided to try and murder White but Watt would NEVER do such a thing, he is pure class.... also he is squeaky clean of roids so no rage to worry about except for his normal farm man 200% nonstop motor on every play.

Also TJ Watt is not a dirty player at all, just a clever sexy beast...

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

7 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

The helmet thing was nuts and a total anomaly. I am merely saying refs need to pay closer attention and enforce if a player uses the brace in wrongful manner. The first part I think you missed my point- oh well- Go Bills ?

You don't think Gronk's attack with his arm brace was a total anomaly? I've never seen that before.

• Thank you (+1) 1