Concerned about Watt's brace

Reports are Watt will wear a brace to limit his arm motion.

As we saw, Gronkowski misused his brace as a weapon and assaulted Tre' White

vs Steelers, we all saw Watt's brother punch Josh (not the ball - Josh) hard

Is there a pathway for the Bills to raise a concern with the league and with the officials that they be on the watch for and prevent misuse of the brace as a weapon?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Is there a pathway for the Bills to raise a concern with the league and with the officials that they be on the watch for and prevent misuse of the brace as a weapon?

My wife graduated with Gronk at U of AZ. (She’s considerably younger than I am). She said he was always the guy at the keg; the “keg master.” She thinks he’s hilarious. She loved watching him play.

I’m much less concerned about the fact that my wife may have slept with Gronk than I am about the need for a Bills player to rip JJ Watts pec back out of its normal spot on the first play tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 24
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

If a player wants to hurt someone then they can easily do it without a brace. Non issue for me.

You mean it is better to be hit with brass knuckles versus bare knuckles? I can’t say I agree with you on this one. Those braces can be weapons and Gronk used his like one- very dangerous.

Edited by billsfan_34
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This sounds like premature whining. 

Seriously, why would a team or the league let a player play if he has to have a big brace on. Not only does it risk further injury to him but to other players as well.  I get the mportance of a playoff game, but it just seems like if you need a huge brace/cast on ou shouldnt be playing.

*exceptions for knee braces as they can't really be used to hit people with and I would have all O linemen in knee braces just for cautionary reasons.  

Edited by Dan

I genuinely dislike it when Gronk gets remembered like this fun frat boy baller.

Total thug, who could have really hurt Tre w/ that move.  And all because he was so frustrated w/ a jersey pull, up by 3 scores w/ 5 minutes to go in a game.

Never forget.  I don't care how goofy he is now on TV.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Im not too concerned 

23 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

You mean it is better to be hit with brass knuckles versus bare knuckles?

That’s precisely what I mean ?

I can’t say I agree with you on this one. Those braces can be weapons and Gronk used his like one- very dangerous.

What exactly do you disagree with? Do you want to ban all braces? A player went after another with a helmet, should we ban those too? 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

That’s precisely what I mean ?

What exactly do you disagree with? Do you want to ban all braces? A player went after another with a helmet, should we ban those too? Vontase Burfict hurt a lot of guys and did it without a brace. 

The helmet thing was nuts and a total anomaly. I am merely saying refs need to pay closer attention and enforce if a player uses the brace in wrongful manner. The first part I think you missed my point- oh well- Go Bills ?

Let me get this right, you are concerned about JJ watt and a brace because Gronk is a moron and actions of his brother?  Seems like a stretch.  

let’s just keep focus on winning and not whining.

Go Bills!