Bill Polian and two Sirius colleagues did not vote Lamar Jackson All-Pro

wppete

1 hour ago, Motorin' said:

Why is it funny? Who has come close that level of combined production?

Who cares about 'combined' yardage.    Which team relied on their QB more and would have no sniff of the playoffs without him?

A case can be made for Wilson very easily...

• Like (+1) 2

There is no denying that Jackson has had a great season.  Having said that, he still doesn't scare me with his arm.  I absolutely would take Mahomes, Wilson, Brees and probably a couple others before Jackson in a one game scenario.  He still screams gimmick to me.  If he keeps this up for another season, I will absolutely eat crow on this, but I suspect the NFL will catch up to him in the near future.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

There is absolutely no justification for voting Wilson over Jackson, although I never understand why anyone other than the players care about these things.

The QB still throws the football.  It's amazing how wishy washy people are.  Great player not an All-Pro QB with 3100 yards.  Those are 1990 QB numbers.  To me it had to be Wilson for the simple fact that if I had to pick my guy for 1 game it would not be Jackson.

9-20 143 0 0

19-28 161 1 3

An All-Pro or MVP can't have games like this.

Edited by formerlyofCtown
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Drew Brees like 50 times. Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Pat Mahomes just last year, to name a few.

4300 yards and 43 TD's? Lots of better seasons than that.

Not saying he doesn't deserve recognition. He does.

Might want to go check the stats of other all time greats and some of their best seasons. Jackson's season isn't anywhere close the best ever.

I don't believe any of the all time greats ran for over a thousand yards while also throwing 36 TDs.  If the stats you site only  include passing yards you are doing Jackson an injustice..

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t hate Polian at all.  Just think he looks really bad here.  I can’t stand people who can’t admit they are wrong.  It’s a character flaw.  

but there are some rumors about Polian and certain things he may have done to get fired from the Bills.  But he did a great job choosing Peyton #1 overall. And then building a team that went 1-15 without him.  

Because people had strong opinions on him and can’t admit they were wrong.  It’s similar to Allen, though he wasn’t talked about switching positions after winning the Heisman. 

I thought he admitted he was wrong about Jackson?

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He literally did admit he was wrong about Jackson. He said that. This is all because he voted for another QB. Voting for someone else doesn't mean he is not admitting he was wrong.

Yes this, sorry just saw this after responding to another post.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Wilson is the Seahawks. They have no defense, barely a running game and their OLine isn't great. Lockett is their only real threat. Yet he got them 1 yard away from knocking out the 9ers for the division. Lamar showed that when he has to throw (games the Ravens got down early) that he wasn't up for it. Their Oline and Running Game created so much for the passing game it's crazy

8 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

Wilson is the Seahawks. They have no defense, barely a running game and their OLine isn't great. Lockett is their only real threat. Yet he got them 1 yard away from knocking out the 9ers for the division. Lamar showed that when he has to throw (games the Ravens got down early) that he wasn't up for it. Their Oline and Running Game created so much for the passing game it's crazy

What game was that? They haven't lost since September. 

2 hours ago, Rockpile233 said:

There is absolutely no justification for voting Wilson over Jackson, although I never understand why anyone other than the players care about these things.

I take Wilson over Jackson 

40 minutes ago, purple haze said:

I don't believe any of the all time greats ran for over a thousand yards while also throwing 36 TDs.  If the stats you site only  include passing yards you are doing Jackson an injustice..

Those are combined stats for Jackson that I posted.

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Jackson is 19-3 as a regular season starter in the NFL.

How many 2nd year QB's in the history of the NFL can say that?

I don't know why people are quick to discredit Jackson, but he doesn't have all-world talent around him. He makes their O go. Period.

His play speed is as good as anyone's in the history of this game.

I am not going to rip Jackson until he deserves to get ripped. Everyone seems to be ripping him because of what MIGHT happen in the future. Wait till it happens.

Haven't seen much ripping of Jackson here. Hope you aren't referring to me. I specifically said he had a stellar season and deserves the MVP. What I've been arguing are those who are claiming he's the best QB in the NFL and his season was the best in NFL history. I think that's too much.

I also mentioned that he played really badly in the playoffs last year, which is a fact. And it will be interesting to see if the Ravens can keep it up in the playoffs this year, and I said I suspect they will be able to.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Might want to go check the stats of other all time greats and some of their best seasons. Jackson's season isn't anywhere close the best ever.

Since 1970 there have been only 12 QB performances where the QB finished the year with a TD% over 8, and only 3 of those were over 9 (Ken Stabler in 1976, Peyton Manning in 2004, and Aaron Rodgers in 2011. Jackson finished the year at 8.98% - or the 4th best TD percentage since 1970. Last year his TD% was 3.4. The League average this year was 4.6.

It was the difference between a good year and an MVP caliber year. In terms of total production at the position, he was the best this year. I doubt he will come close to that TD% again (no QB since 1970 has finished with a career TD% over 6).

Personally, I believe, if you dig deep into the numbers, that Russell Wilson was the best QB this year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Jackson is 19-3 as a regular season starter in the NFL.

How many 2nd year QB's in the history of the NFL can say that?

I don't know why people are quick to discredit Jackson, but he doesn't have all-world talent around him. He makes their O go. Period.

His play speed is as good as anyone's in the history of this game.

I am not going to rip Jackson until he deserves to get ripped. Everyone seems to be ripping him because of what MIGHT happen in the future. Wait till it happens.

It has a very high probability of happening. Michael Vick, Vince Young, Colin Kaepernick, and RGIII all say hi. 

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

So 1000 yards rushing is the same as 1000 yard passing? How come rb's don't run for 4000 a season?

So you’re saying he’s a good runningback?

the point is, and I assume this is what the other poster is getting at, is that the argument with Jackson is that you can’t look only at passing production. You have to look at accumulative production as that’s his whole body of work. That’s fine and i think it’s a good way to do it. But the problem is that you then have to compare accumulative production to other QB’s accumulative production. So, great season? Yes! Best dual threat season? Absolutely! Best season ever by a QB? No. 

• Like (+1) 2