Tre White Officially Named AP All-Pro

19 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Really irritating that neither of our safeties make it again.  They make everything go with our D because they prevent teams from going deep. But I guess deterring people from throwing the ball your direction deep isn't as good as if they throw it and you knock it down or intercept it. SMFH

Not only that, they are both complete players.  They can play the run, they can blitz, they can cover man to man if needed...

The PRO BOWL snub of Poyer and Hyde is more of an insult than ALL PRO.  Yes they are great safeties and deserve to be recognized by the League but the best of the best?  

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/3/2020 at 10:27 AM, JerseyBills said:

I agree. It'd be amazing but do we pick Tre if we kept Gilmore?

No for if we did Bill in NYC would have a heart attack and that would be a greater loss.

Gilmore would not tried as hard if he was staying because his people would not be able to see him

(I guess they are too cheap for DirectTV, too lazy to go to a bar and too honest to figure out how to find way to watch it illegally on internet)

On 1/3/2020 at 9:30 AM, JerseyBills said:

Shook: Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots; Tre'Davious White, Buffalo Bills. Stephon Gilmore has owned the throne as the league's best corner for most of the season, and the advanced metrics back that up. Among those who were targeted 50-plus times, Gilmore was second in catch rate below expectation at -11.8 percent, second in ball-hawk rate (20.8 percent; this is the percentage of targets where the nearest defender made a play on the football), first in passes defended with 20 and tied for the lead in interceptions with six. He also ranked seventh in coverage success rate (60.4 percent) and allowed opposing passers to log just a 38.0 passer rating when targeted, second-best among that group. Only teammate J.C. Jackson, who faced nearly half as many targets (58) as Gilmore (96), was better in that department (allowing a passer rating of 21.8 when targeted). Gilmore's numbers and the tape don't lie: He's a premier cornerback.

White's opposing catch rate below expectation is a bit less substantial, but at -8.4 percent, he still ranks sixth among those who were targeted at least 50 times. His hawk rate (20.2 percent) ranks third among that group, and his opposing passer rating allowed is just barely below Gilmore's, at 38.9. White is also tied atop the interception leaderboard with Gilmore at six, isn't far off in passes defended with 17, forces passes into tight windows on 28.6 percent of targets and allows just 4.0 yards after the catch on average. He's right up there with the best in the league.

Shook is trying to give reason why J.C.Jackson should get the nod not White.

Three of the six DBs given 1st team All Pro honours are from that 2017 class. I know I keep saying it but that might have been the best DB class of all time. 

38 minutes ago, Tesla03 said:

Tre is only 24 and this is his 3rd year in the league

Gilmore was nowhere near this good at his age. Tre could easily play for another decade if healthy. 

I think "nowhere near" is an exaggeration. Gilmore was a top 10 guy by year 3 and I said so at the time. 

But I don't disagree with your substantive point. Tre White is ahead of where Gilmore was at this same stage in his career. Tre is elite and by this stage Gilmore was still a little off that. 

21 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Really irritating that neither of our safeties make it again.  They make everything go with our D because they prevent teams from going deep. But I guess deterring people from throwing the ball your direction deep isn't as good as if they throw it and you knock it down or intercept it. SMFH

Not only that, they are both complete players.  They can play the run, they can blitz, they can cover man to man if needed...

If there is a safety who I think should feel really overlooked it is Justin Simmons of Denver. I think he ended up on the AP 2nd XI but to me if you are throwing the honey badger in there as an extra DB then Simmons has totally outplayed him. No real issue with Adams and Fitzpatrick but Simmons would have been my next selection without a doubt.  

18 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

DESERVED ......Way to go Tre'

0 goals against ... the Tre' White goalie school is perfect.

...CERTAINLY agree 'Frosty......this kid has earned the accolades AS WELL AS  a big OBD payday....still "humored (COUGH)" by some TBD "experts" suggesting him as trade bait to move up in 2018 draft....think their "GM resumes' " have been considered yet?...just askin'.................

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...CERTAINLY agree 'Frosty......this kid has earned the accolades AS WELL AS  a big OBD payday....still "humored (COUGH)" by some TBD "experts" suggesting him as trade bait to move up in 2018 draft....think their "GM resumes' " have been considered yet?...just askin'.................

My GM resume from 2017 could easily be called into question.

I would've taken Watson .... After 2018 McBeane beat me hands hands down. Already would've had Tre' and then Josh and the other Tre' ... They win.

Being a couch GM was easier when Marv and or Brandon were getting paid to fail.

11 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

My GM resume from 2017 could easily be called into question.

I would've taken Watson .... After 2018 McBeane beat me hands hands down. Already would've had Tre' and then Josh and the other Tre' ... They win.

Being a couch GM was easier when Marv and or Brandon were getting paid to fail.

...the money didn't come close to your savvy.......I knew it....hold your ground bro............:thumbsup: