Tre White Officially Named AP All-Pro

Along with Steph Gilmore .

Here is what they had to say.  (F U PFF)

Wesseling: Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots; Tre'Davious White, Buffalo Bills. Gilmore finally allowed a touchdown in coverage on John Brown's 53-yard bomb in Week 16, leaving White as the cornerback with the most targets (83) without surrendering a score, per NFL Research. It's not every year that the interception leaderboard is headlined by the stingiest cover corners, but Gilmore and White sit atop the charts with six apiece while also ranking first (26) and second (23) in passes defensed, respectively. Gilmore ranked among the top three corners with an opposing passer rating of 47.4. Those numbers are all the more impressive considering New England's secondary lines up in man-to-man coverage as frequently as any team in the league. Gilmore is the key chess piece on a defense that is only the third since 2002 to amass 25 or more interceptions while holding opposing passers to a rating under 63.0. Capable of taking over games by erasing No. 1 wideouts and forcing timely turnovers, White is perhaps the lone week-to-week difference-maker on a Bills squad that reached double-digit victories for the first time this century.

Shook: Stephon Gilmore, New England Patriots; Tre'Davious White, Buffalo Bills. Stephon Gilmore has owned the throne as the league's best corner for most of the season, and the advanced metrics back that up. Among those who were targeted 50-plus times, Gilmore was second in catch rate below expectation at -11.8 percent, second in ball-hawk rate (20.8 percent; this is the percentage of targets where the nearest defender made a play on the football), first in passes defended with 20 and tied for the lead in interceptions with six. He also ranked seventh in coverage success rate (60.4 percent) and allowed opposing passers to log just a 38.0 passer rating when targeted, second-best among that group. Only teammate J.C. Jackson, who faced nearly half as many targets (58) as Gilmore (96), was better in that department (allowing a passer rating of 21.8 when targeted). Gilmore's numbers and the tape don't lie: He's a premier cornerback.

White's opposing catch rate below expectation is a bit less substantial, but at -8.4 percent, he still ranks sixth among those who were targeted at least 50 times. His hawk rate (20.2 percent) ranks third among that group, and his opposing passer rating allowed is just barely below Gilmore's, at 38.9. White is also tied atop the interception leaderboard with Gilmore at six, isn't far off in passes defended with 17, forces passes into tight windows on 28.6 percent of targets and allows just 4.0 yards after the catch on average. He's right up there with the best in the league.

Edit - here is link http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093805/article/2019-nfl-allpro-teams-eye-test-vs-next-gen-stats-defense

It's official. We all knew this for a couple years now , but Tre is officially considered a top 3 CB nationally. What a draft pick , great player and even better person. 

So glad 27 is a Bill baby!! ???????

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 13

Congrats to Tre, the recognition is well deserved!  Beane needs to pay that man.  

imagine had we not let Gilmore walk (and the fact we actually have the cap space to have been able to afford him).  Has there ever been a better secondary in NFL history than ours could have been w current players and Gilmore manning the other corner spot?  

Edited by Bill Murray
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

But PFF said....

I'm seriously boycotting them. I'm just not going on their website, stopped following on Twitter . They're arrogant , borderline disrespectful and instead of getting frustrated, just going to ignore em. Can't stand their rankings, doesn't add up

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Bill Murray said:

Congrats to Tre, the recognition is well deserved!  Beane needs to pay that man.  

imagine had we not let Gilmore walk (and the fact we actually have the cap space to have been able to afford him).  Has there ever been a better secondary in NFL history than ours could have been w current players and Gilmore manning the other corner spot?  

I agree. It'd be amazing but do we pick Tre if we kept Gilmore?

1 hour ago, Bill Murray said:

Considering who the head coach was at the time, I don't think Gilmore wanted to stay.

That being said, someone on this board a few months ago put it best about Gilmore. "He's the same player in New England as he was in Buffalo, he just doesn't get flagged anymore."

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

I'm seriously boycotting them. I'm just not going on their website, stopped following on Twitter . They're arrogant , borderline disrespectful and instead of getting frustrated, just going to ignore em. Can't stand their rankings, doesn't add up

All of this.  They reflect their boss (Chris Collinsworth) quite well.

I gave all their trash a thumbs down on YouTube so it finally stopped suggesting their videos to me.

• Awesome! (+1) 1