Doesn't look like Levi is gonna play

Not sure if Tre White is playing mind games or doesn't want to tip the teams hand, but he said he wouldn't be shadowing Hopkins, he'd only cover him on the left, and that Kevin will get him on the right. Don't know if that was a slip up or he just said it because Levi has been Limited. Just doesn't sound promising. Was hoping he'd say something like "whoever is on the right, whether Levi or Kevin"

2 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t understand how the two are related.  Bills play quite a bit of zone coverage.

I think OP's point is that Tre specifically said Kevin Johnson will be covering the right side of the field which could mean Levi is out.  

And yes, we play a lot of zone.  I don't think Tre has ever had an assignment to cover one WR no matter where he lines up.  Could be wrong.  Tre didn't Shadow Hopkins last year.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I don’t understand how the two are related.  Bills play quite a bit of zone coverage.

He's saying that Tre didn't mention Levi at all in his interview but mentioned Kevin Johnson numerous times. I think he's saying that if Levi was going to play, he figured Tre would have mentioned his name.

I want Levi to be playing as much as anybody, but if the Texans don't have Fuller, I'm less concerned. Plus, we're both out a similar starter, so that evens it out. Less excuses.

I have a lot of faith in McDermott and his secondary, they've been the strongest unit on the team since 2017. If LW can't go, I'm sure KJ will be fired up to play his former team. 

If Levi is a no-go that leaves an open slot in the secondary... who will it be? Marlowe, Coleman? 

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BeastMode54 said:

Not sure if Tre White is playing mind games or doesn't want to tip the teams hand, but he said he wouldn't be shadowing Hopkins, he'd only cover him on the left, and that Kevin will get him on the right. Don't know if that was a slip up or he just said it because Levi has been Limited. Just doesn't sound promising. Was hoping he'd say something like "whoever is on the right, whether Levi or Kevin"

Also not sure maybe since Johnson has started quite a few games since the midseason point where Wallace had been struggling so they are kind of platooning anyway.

Edited by matter2003

If you believe anything that these players and coaches are saying ahead of the game, I am not sure what to tell you. 

You actually think they would be giving away their plan in the media?  Now, I am not saying that Tre will be on him for every snap, but if he is not on him 80% of the time, I'd be shocked.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I have a lot of faith in McDermott and his secondary, they've been the strongest unit on the team since 2017. If LW can't go, I'm sure KJ will be fired up to play his former team. 

If Levi is a no-go that leaves an open slot in the secondary... who will it be? Marlowe, Coleman? 

psahw. obviously it'll be Duke.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Don't worry about it...they can just trot MacKenzie out there again and tell him just go cover whoever and don't worry about the scheme.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I think OP's point is that Tre specifically said Kevin Johnson will be covering the right side of the field which could mean Levi is out.  

And yes, we play a lot of zone.  I don't think Tre has ever had an assignment to cover one WR no matter where he lines up.  Could be wrong.  Tre didn't Shadow Hopkins last year.

He has had a few, but not on a weekly basis. Guess it depends on matchups. McLaurin, Sutton, Parker, obj this year

56 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

If Wallace is not playing, it wouldn't be shocking news.

Kevin Johnson will be up for the challenge.

The question then would be, who gets more playing time as depth, besides Taron Johnson? Siran Neal? Dean Marlowe?

It would be Neal