WGR Radio.com App Is Garbage

I am attempting to listen to WGR on the Radio.com App and every few minutes a commercial cuts in.  This is not a scheduled break because it happens right in the middle of a sentence and I get 2 minutes of a show before another 10 minutes of asinine commercials break in.  At least it isn't an important week for Buffalo sports!  The day before the biggest Bills game in over a decade and the local sports radio station is a mess.  If I hear "do one thing" or "It's not odd, It's the odds" one more time...

[Mod edit: scroll down apparently they're aware of problems with their app and Sal posted a different link to the show]

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
pertinant info
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

I am attempting to listen to WGR on the Radio.com App and every few minutes a commercial cuts in.  This is not a scheduled break because it happens right in the middle of a sentence and I get 2 minutes of a show before another 10 minutes of asinine commercials break in.  At least it isn't an important week for Buffalo sports!  The day before the biggest Bills game in over a decade and the local sports radio station is a mess.  If I hear "do one thing" or "It's not odd, It's the odds" one more time...

Z- O- O- M- T- A- N

I was tan in the summer now I'm PALE again!

LOL

Who doesn't love hearing that every 45 seconds? And who thought that music used in that add sounded anything other than laughable? 

14 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

When that happens to me, restart the app. It's a pain but that brings back the feed 

• Like (+1) 3

It's not just WGR.  It happens to other radio broadcasts I try to listen to also.  If you pause the play to get a cup of coffee or run to the little boys room, when I hit play, it jumps to live broadcast no matter where I was in the listening.  And the archive feature blows too.

The app sucks.

57 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

So Sal Cappaccio tweeted something about this.  Apparently their app is having Big Issues and they know about it

He reposted:

Hope this is useful

• Like (+1) 2