Mr. Trump's War

1 hour ago, GG said:

Attacking a military base and killing a US citizen and then ordering a mob to attack, burn and occupy a US embassy isn't enough?

I don't think it was morally unjustified but the administration has pointed to one thing that is not true (9-11 linkage) and another that would require proof to be justified (to prevent imminent attack). They are making a mash of justifying an assassination and it's important they do this well and properly, especially since we've got the potential to be dragged more deeply into a big mess. 

Edited by John Adams

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

You've gotten every major story wrong the past three years. Go back to your cage and let the adults handle this. 

Julie Kelly?  I mean she does have bleach blond hair....a communication degree from East Illinois....and is a food writer....guess that makes her qualified in your eyes....LOL

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, look at Asad in Syria and Venezuela, these governments don’t get toppled easily 

There's extremely minimal crude oil in Syria and nothing else.  So little incentive for a major power to go into there.  The US has plenty of oil and natural gas at the moment and is the only logical end user for Venezuelan crude oil given the distance to other major users versus the Middle East and Asia.  Brazil or Argentina might have interest in going into Venezuela but their militaries are almost non existent in terms of achieving foreign objectives.

7 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Julie Kelly?  I mean she does have bleach blond hair....a communication degree from East Illinois....and is a food writer....guess that makes her qualified in your eyes....LOL

Quick. Name a source you use that didn't lie to your face for three years about Trump Russia. Just one. Go...

4 minutes ago, TH3 said:

a (typically) inept and dishonest reply from TH3.

She has more credentials than you mentioned

certainly much more than you

and now back to the “WAR”. ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dubs said:

Yet according the the NYT Trump might institute the draft because we killed this revered Iranian “official”. 

That's crazy.

47 minutes ago, Cinga said:

They are not ballistic by definition, settle down kids....

You...don't actually know what "ballistic" means, do you?

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

I don't think it was morally unjustified but the administration has pointed to one thing that is not true (9-11 linkage) and another that would require proof to be justified (to prevent imminent attack). They are making a mash of justifying an assassination and it's important they do this well and properly, especially since we've got the potential to be dragged more deeply into a big mess. 

There is linkage to 9/11 in that Iran allowed Al Queda to cross their border when the US was hunting them down.  There were reports that Zawahiri was detained in Tehran, but I think that was proven false.  In any event, Iran let Queda and the 9/11 planners go to Pakistan, even though they are "sworn" enemies.

Just now, GG said:

There is linkage to 9/11 in that Iran allowed Al Queda to cross their border when the US was hunting them down.  There were reports that Zawahiri was detained in Tehran, but I think that was proven false.  In any event, Iran let Queda and the 9/11 planners go to Pakistan, even though they are "sworn" enemies.

Iran cooperated closely with US intelligence after 9/11, in no small part because Iran was already at war with Afghanistan, as the Taliban had a nasty habit of killing Iranian diplomats, which kind-of torqued them off.  

Maybe they allowed transit before 9/11 - doubtful - but if they did, they've assuaged their guilt.

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Iran cooperated closely with US intelligence after 9/11, in no small part because Iran was already at war with Afghanistan, as the Taliban had a nasty habit of killing Iranian diplomats, which kind-of torqued them off.  

Maybe they allowed transit before 9/11 - doubtful - but if they did, they've assuaged their guilt.

According to this guy, there were some Queda in Iran post 9/11.  There was probably some passage through Iran pre-9/11, especially after the Africa embassy bombings.