Mr. Trump's War

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I wish we could just press a button and turn them into a democratic/republic. Most Iranians would like this too 

We can agree on that.  Imagine if Iran's leadership looked back upon the last 40 years or so and came to the conclusion that they no longer wish to eliminate Israel from the map and are willing to take that position in negotiating some treaties and trade agreements.  Imagine what could get done. 

3 hours ago, Bob in Mich said:

No patriotic American could disagree with those goals.  But, again, what was gained by tearing up the agreement?  A solution for one of those goals was in place for the next 10 years or so before Trump tore up the nuclear deal, recreating the original problem.  

Why didn't Trump get back the pallets of cash if we gave back the limitations?.  Right, he couldn't.  So, why not keep what we had gained then too?  The answer you want I think is : EGO.

I agree.  Trump should have gotten the cash back.  All you do is check the routing....i mean look for the deposit sli...I mean go to the branch where...errrr uh get copies of the wire transfer doc...shoot, where would an Iranian despot keep his cash pallets?  As importantly, where would Barrack hide the vig?

Sad, but the entire thing is a result of failing to address reality.

The greatest example of kicking the can down the road.

Does any sane individual with a modicum of knowledge about the Persian thing think for a second that Iran was going to abandon its nuclear program because of a "deal" with American President Barack Obama?

Ludicrous.

This preposterous view by grossly political Americans, (my party gets it right, yours gets it wrong), flies in the face of reality.

There is no chance that Obama was going to stop them just as there is no chance that any diplomacy is going to stop them.

Its simply an option to get a bunch of career pols around a table for a photo shoot and add something to a faked resume.

Iran has never stopped, and is not going to stop developing this stuff until some other event occurs, and that has been the reality since they decided to pursue this weapons program.

Obama, Trump, Lincoln or whomever, it doesn't matter.

The theory that some president of the US has the negotiating skill to control such a decision in Tehran or Pyonyang is not supported by any current reality.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Sad, but the entire thing is a result of failing to address reality.

The greatest example of kicking the can down the road.

Does any sane individual with a modicum of knowledge about the Persian thing think for a second that Iran was going to abandon its nuclear program because of a "deal" with American President Barack Obama?

Ludicrous.

This preposterous view by grossly political Americans, (my party gets it right, yours gets it wrong), flies in the face of reality.

There is no chance that Obama was going to stop them just as there is no chance that any diplomacy is going to stop them.

Its simply an option to get a bunch of career pols around a table for a photo shoot and add something to a faked resume.

Iran has never stopped, and is not going to stop developing this stuff until some other event occurs, and that has been the reality since they decided to pursue this weapons program.

Obama, Trump, Lincoln or whomever, it doesn't matter.

The theory that some president of the US has the negotiating skill to control such a decision in Tehran or Pyonyang is not supported by any current reality.

Yes. See Cyrus, Darius, and Xerxes et al. Their conquests for empire date back nearly 3,000 years. They’ve been slow grinding that path for centuries and it won’t stop because of a nice European/Western formal agreement any more than Neville Chamberlain’s “piece of paper, that I hold in my hand, signed by Mister Hitler” was a stonewall that prevented WWII. 

33 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Imo I suppose habitually- that is really a tough question.

who takes anything a politician says seriously after they are 11 years old?

the party ticket has a sweeping tone to it and that's what matters, unless it doesn't have one....

25 minutes ago, row_33 said:

who takes anything a politician says seriously after they are 11 years old?

the party ticket has a sweeping tone to it and that's what matters, unless it doesn't have one....

Not me thats for sure. Take Pelosi, Cruz, or Schumer for instance. They are all full of crap too! So were Bush’s. George Sr...”read my lips, no new taxes” or Obama...”if you like your hc provider, you can keep your provider”....

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Not me thats for sure. Take Pelosi, Cruz, or Schumer for instance. They are all full of crap too! So were Bush’s. George Sr...”read my lips, no new taxes” or Obama...”if you like your hc provider, you can keep your provider”....

I grew up with LBJ and Nixon and then Clinton and his lovely wife Bluto

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hadn't heard that.  And if I had, I'd have simply ignored it, because that's stupid.

He's referring to Mike Pence claiming that Salami arranged transportation for ten or twelve 9-11 hijackers to get from Lebanon to Afghanistan. 

42 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I hadn't heard that.  And if I had, I'd have simply ignored it, because that's stupid.

It isnt the administration.  Its the dopes on facebook. While we must not forget it is foolish to tie this together.  That said, I hope we didnt blow up those palets of cash.

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Well it was only the VP's statement about Sulimani.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Mike_Pence/status/1213189757708189699?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1213189757708189699&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vox.com%2Fpolicy-and-politics%2F2020%2F1%2F4%2F21049671%2Fqassem-soleimani-iran-9-11-mike-pence-trump-administration

Stupid in many ways. And amusing to tie this to Iran but never Saudi Arabia. Never!

11 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

It isnt the administration.  Its the dopes on facebook.

No. It was the vice president speaking for the administration. Like a moran trying to justify the assassination by linking it to 9-11. 

But the Trump knob-gobblers ignore this. 

How about Trump supporting bombing cultural sites? Nothing to say about that either? 

Good critical thinking here boyz. Carry on. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

It isnt the administration.  Its the dopes on facebook. While we must not forget it is foolish to tie this together.  That said, I hope we didnt blow up those palets of cash.

No photo description available.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John Adams said:

How about Trump supporting bombing cultural sites? Nothing to say about that either? 

Good critical thinking here boyz. Carry on. 

Here's a medium they might understand

Edited by Gary Busey

14 minutes ago, Cinga said:

No photo description available.

Whataboutism ... 15 yard penalty and loss of gif posting privilege. 

9 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Here's a medium they might understand

Good to see some morals. Trump will probably fire him and hire his mancrush who likes killing children prisoners. 

Trump has been on a classless rampage of late. Wait until Bolton testifies. 

Edited by John Adams