Mr. Trump's War

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The Post and NYT wrote up the Fat Leonard scandal, too, so I wouldn't be that quick to accuse DR of tossing around baseless conspiracies in that case.

I know what he posted, and I stand by what I said.

That isn't important.

But.....When you claim some sort of credibility based on honest consideration of facts, your skeletons get exposed.

Edited by sherpa

29 minutes ago, John Adams said:

He's tried one justification as linking it to 9-11, which is completely absurd. 

Now he's also going with imminent threat. We will see about that justification.

And we will see if it was strategically wise. 

Attacking a military base and killing a US citizen and then ordering a mob to attack, burn and occupy a US embassy isn't enough?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You didn't go where the evidence lead when you posted that nonsense about Seventh Fleet corruption, and specifically, Adm Pat Walsh's involvement, which you suggested.

Once you do that, no matter how honorable your intentions, people who know these folks doubt your ability or sincerity  to:

"go where the evidence leads"

No disrespect intended.

Just things remembered, and not admitted.

You're still hung up on something I never said. 

I posted a news article on the story -- I offered no opinion on it or the people involved. 

I've offered plenty of opinions over the years, but never on that. And when you spoke up about knowing the people involved I listened ;) :beer: 

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're still hung up on something I never said. 

I posted a news article on the story -- I offered no opinion on it or the people involved. 

I've offered plenty of opinions over the years, but never on that. And when you spoke up about knowing the people involved I listened ;) :beer: 

What you say is OK with me.

What you did is post a suggestion of involvement in an illegal activity by people I know and also know were not involved, and your suggestion was clear.

That was not, and should not, be taken lightly.

That causes me to be suspicious.

Shouldn't matter to you.

The facts always prevail.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, sherpa said:

I am assuming that there is absolutely no need to deal with this guy's incompetence, whether as a businessman or a leader of a nation in possession of the greatest military and financial capability the world has ever known.

I did a bit of financial work, formally and paid,  on his "business" a few decades ago when he tried to launch a hostile bid on a company.

Thank God he failed.

I've watched him "fail" in many other endeavors that ended up in court, and those of a more personal nature that we all know about.

I hoped he would work out, because I sure as hell wasn't going to vote for his competitor.

He is in over his head, and everything suggests that, at it always has.

All that aside, no matter the suggestion of his advanced skilled nuance, never visible in his track record heretofore, he has suggested that the US military will do something it doesn't, and won't do.

If this is because he is brilliant, I'll admit it when I see it.

What I see is stupid unnecessary nonsense.

Donald Trump is an unsuccessful businessman?  That’s your position?  

What did Obama do before he was president that gave you such confidence he’d be a great leader?  Was it his community organizing?

just trying to gauge the standard here. 

15 minutes ago, sherpa said:

What you say is OK with me.

What you did is post a suggestion of involvement in an illegal activity by people I know and also know were not involved, and your suggestion was clear.

That was not, and should not, be taken lightly.

That causes me to be suspicious.

Shouldn't matter to you.

The facts always prevail.

I really do not remember it that way, and just spent some time digging for the subject in the DS thread (and couldn't find it -- which shows me it wasn't a big topic of discussion at least on my end). I remember clearly posting a news article on the scandal without further comment. That article might have named people -- but I did not. :beer: 

Desperate actions by a desperate regime. The economy is crushed, GDP decreased by 10% in 2019 as a result of sanctions and projected to be worse in 2020. They have only conventional military capabilities and the citizens, by in large, hate the rulers. All indisputable facts. 

there is more likely a chance of revolution in Iran than any type of war with the US. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yet according the the NYT Trump might institute the draft because we killed this revered Iranian “official”. 

pathetic

i think some people on this board are already burning draft cards and bras!

Edited by dubs

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

Desperate actions by a desperate regime. The economy is crushed, GDP decreased by 10% in 2019 as a result of sanctions and projected to be worse in 2020. They have only conventional military capabilities and the citizens, by in large, hate the rulers. All indisputable facts. 

there is more likely a chance of revolution in Iran than any type of war with the US. 

No, look at Asad in Syria and Venezuela, these governments don’t get toppled easily 

Public service announcement: Remember this is a Tib's created thread. Anything you post here may go *poof* once this takes a turn the OP doesn't like.

maybe we do need a dedicated thread to this, aside from the Foreign Policy one, however.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hedge said:

Public service announcement: Remember this is a Tib's created thread. Anything you post here may go *poof* once this takes a turn the OP doesn't like.

maybe we do need a dedicated thread to this, aside from the Foreign Policy one, however.

Fire it up Hedge, I’m use to people being jealous of my work, so go ahead and start a new thread. 

Rand Paul just called the Maximum Pressure campaign a failure and that Trump is leading us into a war for no reason.