Mr. Trump's War

11 minutes ago, John Adams said:

When the president threatens to break international law and violate treaties, it matters. 

But on a more important and unresolved note, he still hasn't justified the assassination, except clumsily linking it to 9-11 and to stop an imminent attack. They've handled the justification of the assassination poorly (no shock there). 

He owes NO justification to YOU or anyone else for that matter. It was a thing that needed to happen.

The WH is giving Congress in the form of the belligerent Gang of Eight a briefing. The public doesn’t get one yet. That’s Adam Schiff’s job. He’ll be translating them for our consumption while explaining how this is now really, really, really, truly even is grounds for impeachment and burning him at the stake on the DC Mall.   

Edited by Nanker

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Since when has any president in the past 20 years justified ANYTHING?

Why is it that it has to start with THIS president?

:lol: It's not starting with this President.  You're just wrong, is all.

But you're picking a hell of a time to explicitly mbue the Presidency with monarchial powers, what with it being occupied by a candied yam.

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He survived an attack from the previous administration, who abused the massive powers of state/surveillance/law enforcement and its media apparatus. What was done to him was an assault on not just him, but our entire republic and the rule of law. 

No one could survive this by accident. Or luck. 

He survived because he was the only one who could -- and has turned the tables on the entire dirty cabal which has dominated our country for decades. That there is unending caterwauling from the very institutions and personnel who lied to the country for years for the sake of their own bank accounts is not unexpected. It's information warfare 101. 

No one is asking you to like the man, I'm not. I'm not even asking you to vote for him. I'm pointing out your analysis is wrong based on every single piece of evidence we've had uncovered the past several years. 

Reagan ate a bullet -- and it buckled him, made him a servant to these very same people. Trump took their shots and stomped them. And is continuing to do so. 

There's only two sides to this conflict. And you might not like who is running the show for the good guys, but he's the only one who could do what's been done so far. 

People that take risks in life are bound to fail. The mentally tough ones get up, dust themselves off, take more shots and keep pressing on. This is what has

so many frustrated and infuriated with Trump- they can’t beat him.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

:lol: It's not starting with this President.  You're just wrong, is all.

But you're picking a hell of a time to explicitly mbue the Presidency with monarchial powers, what with it being occupied by a candied yam.

Well, could do a lot worse than a candied yam in the office.

Like, say, having an effete, ineffectual community organizer at the helm.

18 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he'll probably call you tonight from the "Oval Office Hot Line"........

He's tried one justification as linking it to 9-11, which is completely absurd. 

Now he's also going with imminent threat. We will see about that justification.

And we will see if it was strategically wise. 

Edited by John Adams

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Since when has any president in the past 20 years justified ANYTHING?

Why is it that it has to start with THIS president?

It has to start somewhere. Trump had no obligation to inform Congress prior to the killing but he has an obligation to inform Congressional leaders afterward. He is doing that tomorrow. The problem is, for good reasons he can't allow his people to go into any real details with the public. The meeting tomorrow is supposed to be classified but Adam Schiff, as usual will leak out a version that fits his agenda. 

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Well, could do a lot worse than a candied yam in the office.

Like, say, having an effete, ineffectual community organizer at the helm.

there hasn't been a completely overwhelmed nothing in the White House since Carter

and that was just a fluke after Watergate and Nam and too much acid

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

It has to start somewhere. Trump had no obligation to inform Congress prior to the killing but he has an obligation to inform Congressional leaders afterward. He is doing that tomorrow. The problem is, for good reasons he can't allow his people to go into any real details with the public. The meeting tomorrow is supposed to be classified but Adam Schiff, as usual will leak out a version that fits his agenda. 

Justification provided by 

dun 

dun duuuuuun

THE DEEP STATE

Just now, row_33 said:

there hasn't been a completely overwhelmed nothing in the White House since Carter

and that was just a fluke after Watergate and Nam and too much acid

You're wrong there. The last president was out of his depth, completely. An entire embassy wiped out, crimea annexed by russia, red lines in syria, pallets of cash to iran, the eight "summers of recovery", et al.

Just now, John Adams said:

Justification provided by 

dun 

dun duuuuuun

THE DEEP STATE

OK, I'll play your dumb game. Maybe the justification came from Military Intelligence. You know, the guys that initially broke open the malfeasance of the true Deep State. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

OK, I'll play your dumb game. Maybe the justification came from Military Intelligence. You know, the guys that initially broke open the malfeasance of the true Deep State. 

Probably did.  DIA or NSA.  It certainly didn't come from CIA.

Just now, Joe in Winslow said:

You're wrong there. The last president was out of his depth, completely. An entire embassy wiped out, crimea annexed by russia, red lines in syria, pallets of cash to iran, the eight "summers of recovery", et al.

we'll disagree with that one.... :D

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hear you. I really do. I didn't vote for him, and this is the last thing I expected to find when I began digging into it. But I go where the evidence leads..

You didn't go where the evidence lead when you posted that nonsense about Seventh Fleet corruption, and specifically, Adm Pat Walsh's involvement, which you suggested.

Once you do that, no matter how honorable your intentions, people who know these folks doubt your ability or sincerity  to:

"go where the evidence leads"

No disrespect intended.

Just things remembered, and not admitted.

Edited by sherpa

33 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I hear you. I really do. I didn't vote for him, and this is the last thing I expected to find when I began digging into it. But I go where the evidence leads, and it's overwhelming if you really look at it. 

If he ends up committing us to long term war/occupation in Iran, or lets the dirty cops/state officials he has dead to rights walk, then that calculus will change. Until then, he has them on the ropes. He has to drop the hammer to make it count though. 

...interesting perspective.....maybe political practices and business practices are a bad mix......the political landscape is littered with career politicians and/or appointees (never rid of parasitic dead weight) .....the private sector provides NO protectionism......maybe trying to meld the two cannot happen....if in the political arena an appointee differs from the President's view(s), any President and not just Trump, is the immediate consequence "the ax"?...I have no idea.....,

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

You didn't go where the evidence lead when you posted that nonsense about Seventh Fleet corruption, and specifically, Adm Pat Walsh's involvement.

Once you do that, no matter how honorable your intentions, people who know these folks doubt your ability or sincerity  to:

"go where the evidence leads"

No disrespect intended.

Just things remembered, and not admitted.

The Post and NYT wrote up the Fat Leonard scandal, too, so I wouldn't be that quick to accuse DR of tossing around baseless conspiracies in that case.

• Like (+1) 1