Mr. Trump's War

3 hours ago, Taro T said:

Did he actually say he'd target "cultural heritage sites" or "sites important to Iranian culture?"

They might be the same thing, but don't see why they are necessarily conflated.

Simply put, the leftists who don't like Trump (Busey, Tibs, Adams, etc) have themselves so spun up with hate that their brains have essentially turned to tapioca.

Virtually everything that pukes out of their pieholes is just a slightly regurgitated twist to something Trump (or someone on the right )said to make it sound horrible. Then they repeat it over and over, kinda like how they insist Trump calling Mexican MS13 gang bangers monsters was really Trump calling all Mexicans monsters.

Trump didn't say he'd target their cultural sites anymore than Pence said we killed the Iranian because of 9/11.

That's the tapioca talking. Plain and simple.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's almost as if people think of Trump as this guy:

Regardless, he's succeeding, eh?

He's succeeding in the things he knows about, on everything else he's been given a great gift by a deranged left.  

47 minutes ago, GG said:

Sherpa's right though.  There's nothing in Trump's background that would indicate that he would be able to accomplish this if left to his own devices.  Whenever he was faced with anyone who ignored his bluster, Trump lost bigly.

Perhaps, Tom's explanation is the correct one, meaning that if Dems didn't go all in on a fake dossier and impeachment, Trump would have collapsed under his own weight.

Perhaps he is succeeding because the system our forefathers set up, when not impeded by people bent on power over their "inferiors" and graft of the excess, actually works.  Imagine what was gained simply by removing people like Kerry from the mix.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Perhaps he is succeeding because the system our forefathers set up, when not impeded by people bent on power over their "inferiors" and graft of the excess, actually works.  Imagine what was gained simply by removing people like Kerry from the mix.

I think you are right.

The system our forefathers set up was incredibly prescient.

There is a difference though, in seeking his removal or pointing out gross incompetence, and a stupid course that could lead to really serious problems.

I'm just pointing out the incompetence.

Removal is best done via elections.

3 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think you are right.

There is a difference though, in seeking his removal or pointing out gross incompetence, and a stupid course that could lead to really serious problems.

Removal is ideally best done via elections but your alternative won't be so hot.  Spoiler alert:  Commie.

And in case you haven't noticed, everything is a reason for removal.  Bad ideas, good ideas, fake collaboration with Russia, imagined abuse of power, choice of frozen dessert.  That's where we are dude.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Removal is ideally best done via elections but your alternative won't be so hot.  Spoiler alert:  Commie.

And in case you haven't noticed, everything is a reason for removal.  Bad ideas, good ideas, fake collaboration with Russia, imagined abuse of power, choice of frozen dessert.  That's where we are dude.

Not sure what you mean. 

I haven't proposed any alternative.

I'm in favor of any election, whatever the result.

I'm not in favor of this silly impeachment or any other extra-constitutional removal.

Edited by sherpa

1 hour ago, GG said:

Sherpa's right though.  There's nothing in Trump's background that would indicate that he would be able to accomplish this if left to his own devices.  Whenever he was faced with anyone who ignored his bluster, Trump lost bigly.

Perhaps, Tom's explanation is the correct one, meaning that if Dems didn't go all in on a fake dossier and impeachment, Trump would have collapsed under his own weight.

and yet, he won the greatest prize of all by quite a stretch.  

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

A step back.

Only on social media would an individual like me be asked to defend John Kerry, Robert McNamara or LBJ because I think Trump's nonsense about cultural sites was a stupid, unforced error objectionable to the entire military.

In the "only happens here" dept, and this site is more reasonable than most.

Please don't misunderstand me or my take -- I've got nothing but respect for you and your opinion even when we disagree. I did not say or mean to imply that you were defending anyone of those folk. 

I was just pointing out that you're judging Trump's actions based on a reality which no longer exists. The game has been exposed, the actual bad guys are on the run - not on the advance. This is a war unlike any other we've seen in our lifetimes, and it's changed everything if you're paying attention. Forming your analysis based on the old rules, which were set by the very people who are losing now and who ***** us over for decades, makes it impossible to see what's really happening.

Trump is a tank. His job is to destroy the old guard and expose the game for the people to see what's actually happening. And he's brilliant at it.  

1 hour ago, GG said:

He's not doing it alone. That's never been my assumption. He's got lots of help from very smart, and very capable people. Names you'll never know or hear about, because they work in the shadows not in the spotlight. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

Could anyone survive it by sheer incompetence?

There's a movie plot in that: guy's elected who has no political experience, he's attacked by his enemies who tailor their attacks to someone with political experience, guy survives said attacks because he's too damn stupid and inexperienced to know that the attacks against him should work.

Helps that his opponents are absolute morons, too.

....so Tom, should we continue a presence in the Middle East?.....has anything changed for the good in the last 50-75 years?.....are we just spinning our wheels trying to convince these religion based warring factions to "play nice"?.....FULL DISCLOSURE: this is NOT some BS smart azz inquiry....you are very well connected and I am just interested in your perspective........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

4 hours ago, DC Tom said:

And how many cultural heritage sites have been targeted so far?

When the president threatens to break international law and violate treaties, it matters. 

But on a more important and unresolved note, he still hasn't justified the assassination, except clumsily linking it to 9-11 and to stop an imminent attack. They've handled the justification of the assassination poorly (no shock there). 

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Please don't misunderstand me or my take -- I've got nothing but respect for you and your opinion even when we disagree. I did not say or mean to imply that you were defending anyone of those folk. 

I was just pointing out that you're judging Trump's actions based on a reality which no longer exists. The game has been exposed, the actual bad guys are on the run - not on the advance. This is a war unlike any other we've seen in our lifetimes, and it's changed everything if you're paying attention. Forming your analysis based on the old rules, which were set by the very people who are losing now and who ***** us over for decades, makes it impossible to see what's really happening.

Trump is a tank. His job is to destroy the old guard and expose the game for the people to see what's actually happening. And he's brilliant at it.  

He's not doing it alone. That's never been my assumption. He's got lots of help from very smart, and very capable people. Names you'll never know or hear about, because they work in the shadows not in the spotlight. 

I honestly want to believe you, but the names of people who have either refused to serve his presidency, along with those who have resigned underpin the doubt I have in him that is made more evident by gross business failures.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So exciting! The DeepER State!

1 minute ago, John Adams said:

When the president threatens to break international law and violate treaties, it matters. 

But on a more important and unresolved note, he still hasn't justified the assassination, except clumsily linking it to 9-11 and to stop an imminent attack. They've handled the justification of the assassination poorly (no shock there). 

...he'll probably call you tonight from the "Oval Office Hot Line"........

Just now, sherpa said:

I honestly want to believe you, but the names of people who have either refused to serve his presidency, along with those who have resigned underpin the doubt I have in him that is made more evident by gross business failures.

I hear you. I really do. I didn't vote for him, and this is the last thing I expected to find when I began digging into it. But I go where the evidence leads, and it's overwhelming if you really look at it. 

If he ends up committing us to long term war/occupation in Iran, or lets the dirty cops/state officials he has dead to rights walk, then that calculus will change. Until then, he has them on the ropes. He has to drop the hammer to make it count though. 

27 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I think you are right.

Out of curiosity what current potential opponent would you vote for over Trump? I'm looking for someone that would keep the economy going strong, finishing up trade deals that most likely will extend beyond 2020, continue our improved border security while simultaneously working on the issues of the day. Who is out there who could be trusted to continue his agenda?

8 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

They're not siding with a murderous General. They're questioning the timing and if it needed to be done. It's not just the left, either.

It was great timing- General in Baghdad planning attacks- General sent to Allah - but no Virgins for him