Mr. Trump's War

1 minute ago, Gary M said:

He then tweeted that hiding behind culture will not stop him. We all know they aren't afraid to use civilians as shields, POTUS basically said I can get you anywhere any time, and I know where you are hiding. "Go ahead, make my day"

59 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

It's amazing how many people intentionally ignored what he actually said.

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

All evidence proves you wrong to date. He survived something no other elected POTUS could have survived -- an attack from within. And came out stronger. 

And he's not done yet. 

He hasn't survived anything yet, and I honestly hope he does. 

The secret to good leadership though, is  being leader enough to not having to "survive an attack from within." 

A good leader is convincing to the point that the attack never comes.

This man is not a good leader at all.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, sherpa said:

The secret to good leadership though, is  being leader enough to not having to "survive an attack from within." 

You assume that things are on the up and up. We've seen undeniable evidence the past three years they are not. 

You're basing your analysis on fiction rather than reality. It doesn't work that way.

26 minutes ago, bbb said:

Iran really needs to get it's ***** together regarding funerals. 

my first memories of a funeral over there are Nasser's (Egypt 1971??) and they had dudes with huge bullwhips flailing at the crowds to keep them away from the casket

they dropped Khomeini 3 times out of his casket during the procession

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You assume that things are on the up and up. We've seen undeniable evidence the past three years they are not. 

You're basing your analysis on fiction rather than reality. It doesn't work that way.

I am assuming that there is absolutely no need to deal with this guy's incompetence, whether as a businessman or a leader of a nation in possession of the greatest military and financial capability the world has ever known.

I did a bit of financial work, formally and paid,  on his "business" a few decades ago when he tried to launch a hostile bid on a company.

Thank God he failed.

I've watched him "fail" in many other endeavors that ended up in court, and those of a more personal nature that we all know about.

I hoped he would work out, because I sure as hell wasn't going to vote for his competitor.

He is in over his head, and everything suggests that, at it always has.

All that aside, no matter the suggestion of his advanced skilled nuance, never visible in his track record heretofore, he has suggested that the US military will do something it doesn't, and won't do.

If this is because he is brilliant, I'll admit it when I see it.

What I see is stupid unnecessary nonsense.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, sherpa said:

I am assuming that there is absolutely no need to deal with this guy's incompetence, whether as a businessman or a leader of a nation in possession of the greatest military and financial capability the world has ever known.

I did a bit of financial work, formally and paid,  on his "business" a few decades ago when he tried to launch a hostile bid on a company.

Thank God he failed.

I've watched him "fail" in many other endeavors that ended up in court, and those of a more personal nature that we all know about.

I hoped he would work out, because I sure as hell wasn't going to vote for his competitor.

He is in over his head, and everything suggests that, at it always has.

All that aside, no matter the suggestion of his advanced skilled nuance, never visible in his track record heretofore, he has suggested that the US military will do something it doesn't, and won't do.

If this is because he is brilliant, I'll admit it when I see it.

What I see is stupid unnecessary nonsense.

He survived an attack from the previous administration, who abused the massive powers of state/surveillance/law enforcement and its media apparatus. What was done to him was an assault on not just him, but our entire republic and the rule of law. 

No one could survive this by accident. Or luck. 

He survived because he was the only one who could -- and has turned the tables on the entire dirty cabal which has dominated our country for decades. That there is unending caterwauling from the very institutions and personnel who lied to the country for years for the sake of their own bank accounts is not unexpected. It's information warfare 101. 

No one is asking you to like the man, I'm not. I'm not even asking you to vote for him. I'm pointing out your analysis is wrong based on every single piece of evidence we've had uncovered the past several years. 

Reagan ate a bullet -- and it buckled him, made him a servant to these very same people. Trump took their shots and stomped them. And is continuing to do so. 

There's only two sides to this conflict. And you might not like who is running the show for the good guys, but he's the only one who could do what's been done so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Seriously? The attack came from within our own country yes, but in this political climate that has been increasingly getting worse, is that his fault? What say you about the treasonous acts of a John Kerry who is conspiring with Iran to upend our policies? Is that due to Trump's lack of leadership? Before Trump was even inaugurated the dems and media were calling for his impeachment. They have fought him with lies and fabrications for over 3 years. They just don't want to be led in the direction Trump and the majority of the American people want.

51 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He survived an attack from the previous administration, who abused the massive powers of state/surveillance/law enforcement and its media apparatus. What was done to him was an assault on not just him, but our entire republic and the rule of law. 

Could anyone survive it by sheer incompetence?

There's a movie plot in that: guy's elected who has no political experience, he's attacked by his enemies who tailor their attacks to someone with political experience, guy survives said attacks because he's too damn stupid and inexperienced to know that the attacks against him should work.

Helps that his opponents are absolute morons, too.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

A step back.

Only on social media would an individual like me be asked to defend John Kerry, Robert McNamara or LBJ because I think Trump's nonsense about cultural sites was a stupid, unforced error objectionable to the entire military.

In the "only happens here" dept, and this site is more reasonable than most.

1 minute ago, sherpa said:

A step back.

Only on social media would an individual like me be asked to defend John Kerry, Robert McNamara or LBJ because I think Trump's nonsense about cultural sites was a stupid, unforced error objectionable to the entire military.

Of course, ***** hasn't really gotten real here until you've been accused of defending them.

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He survived because he was the only one who could -- and has turned the tables on the entire dirty cabal which has dominated our country for decades. That there is unending caterwauling from the very institutions and personnel who lied to the country for years for the sake of their own bank accounts is not unexpected. It's information warfare 101. 

No one is asking you to like the man, I'm not. I'm not even asking you to vote for him. I'm pointing out your analysis is wrong based on every single piece of evidence we've had uncovered the past several years. 

Reagan ate a bullet -- and it buckled him, made him a servant to these very same people. Trump took their shots and stomped them. And is continuing to do so. 

There's only two sides to this conflict. And you might not like who is running the show for the good guys, but he's the only one who could do what's been done so far. 

Sherpa's right though.  There's nothing in Trump's background that would indicate that he would be able to accomplish this if left to his own devices.  Whenever he was faced with anyone who ignored his bluster, Trump lost bigly.

Perhaps, Tom's explanation is the correct one, meaning that if Dems didn't go all in on a fake dossier and impeachment, Trump would have collapsed under his own weight.

4 minutes ago, sherpa said:

A step back.

No one asked you to defend John Kerry. John Kerry's name was brought up as an example of the headwinds Trump has faced in leading this country. You had basically stated that Trump was facing a mutiny because of his poor leadership. I was pointing out that the media and dems were looking to upend Trump before he was even inaugurated. That has nothing to do with any Trump lack of leadership but everything to do with the bias and partisanship of the dems. 

6 minutes ago, GG said:

Sherpa's right though.  There's nothing in Trump's background that would indicate that he would be able to accomplish this if left to his own devices.  Whenever he was faced with anyone who ignored his bluster, Trump lost bigly.

Perhaps, Tom's explanation is the correct one, meaning that if Dems didn't go all in on a fake dossier and impeachment, Trump would have collapsed under his own weight.

It's almost as if people think of Trump as this guy:

Regardless, he's succeeding, eh?

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, he's not that clever.

Somehow through all his bungling he's presiding over an economy that is great, vastly improving border security, improved trade deals and significant prison reform. Just to name a few. 

• Thank you (+1) 1