Mr. Trump's War

51 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

On that principle, it's @pop gun's responsibility to back up his original post, nopt @yall's to back up his vapid denial of it.  

(The original post is inaccurate, though.  I know, because I googled it.)

So did I. Still doesn't excuse Y'all from backing up his contention.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:47 AM, sherpa said:

So in your thread starting post you posted:

"From day one Trump was intent on doing economic warfare on Iran and now we have seen that escalate to a shooting war. "

And an hour ago, you state:

"It didn’t start in ‘79, it started way before that."

Do you not see the incongruity of your own statements?

I'm not the kind of guy that gets into keyboard arguments or piles on, but you are one strange source.

The fact is that the "shooting" between Iran, the US and a host of other countries has been going on for decades.

From seizing an embassy, blindfolding and parading people around Tehran, the crap they source in the middle east through proxies, mining the Strait of Hormuz, (viewed in international law as an act of war and thus "shooting"),  launching missiles, running gun boats at ships in international waters, mining a vessel, including the USS Roberts, shooting a drone in international airspace and a host of other things on their side.....

and on ours:

Operation Praying Mantis which basically sunk half their fleet, including dropping an LGB down the stack of the Iranian ship Sabalan, (mistakenly attributed to an A-6, but actually done by an F-18 from my old squadron, go Shrikes, and on and on and on.

Ya. the shooting just started.

'

Fair enough, but there was a deal reached that accomplished a nuclear freeze, that’s totally changed. Trump has escalated this, you agree with that? He came into office with an agenda to pick a fight here. Now it’s bigger. 

On 1/4/2020 at 10:56 AM, billsfan_34 said:

I just do not think some fathom the level of evil the Iranian regime is. Everyone loves their nice house and toys on the backs of a strong US foreign policy, yet when we have to flex our muscle the leftists are appalled? 

We can say the Shiite and Sunni’s have been fighting each other for the last 1000 years. I have been to the middle east and studied it extensively. Bottom line, the majority of Persians are really good people led by a horrible group of Mullahs since 1979. Our failure to act properly back then was a major mistake however the US was still trying to heal from Vietnam. Anyways, war isn’t good- Iran will strike anywhere Americans are regardless if we killed a General- who really is a legitimate target.

And before 1979 they had an American sponsored dictator who was not a good guy at all. 

The leftists you say are appalled, just don’t not trust Trump, who just lies and lies, and mean they claimed this is about 9-11? 

9 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

So did I. Still doesn't excuse Y'all from backing up his contention.

A question was asked, and I provided the correct answer. This isn't a calc exam and I'm not required to show my work. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Fair enough, but there was a deal reached that accomplished a nuclear freeze, that’s totally changed. Trump has escalated this, you agree with that? He came into office with an agenda to pick a fight here. Now it’s bigger. 

And before 1979 they had an American sponsored dictator who was not a good guy at all. 

The leftists you say are appalled, just don’t not trust Trump, who just lies and lies, and mean they claimed this is about 9-11? 

The Shaw was awful too. If you study shiite/sunni secularism you will find the rift between the 2 goes back well over a 1000 years. Persians, majority shiite, are typically a very peaceful people who have been subject to Sharia Law along with a empirical government hell bent on having Iraq and Syria to control the region and be on Israels doorstep. The US spilled a lot of blood, money, and resources in Iraq while Iran now is killing our people and plotting attacks against us all the time. Look, it is complicated and Trump showed a ton of restraint until he had to act. He isn’t the only president to act on solid intel and he will not be the last- see Bush, Clinton and Obama for recent memory of such. I think we can all agree we want a safe America- unfortunately to keep the homeland safe we must face some uncomfortable things abroad.

12 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Look, it is complicated and Trump showed a ton of restraint until he had to act. He isn’t the only president to act on solid intel 

Still waiting to see evidence of this solid intel. Will the administration ever provide it?

Trump has yet to brief congress.

14 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The Shaw was awful too. If you study shiite/sunni secularism you will find the rift between the 2 goes back well over a 1000 years. Persians, majority shiite, are typically a very peaceful people who have been subject to Sharia Law along with a empirical government hell bent on having Iraq and Syria to control the region and be on Israels doorstep. The US spilled a lot of blood, money, and resources in Iraq while Iran now is killing our people and plotting attacks against us all the time. Look, it is complicated and Trump showed a ton of restraint until he had to act. He isn’t the only president to act on solid intel and he will not be the last- see Bush, Clinton and Obama for recent memory of such. I think we can all agree we want a safe America- unfortunately to keep the homeland safe we must face some uncomfortable things abroad.

I just hope Iran cools off and doesn't do anything to escalate. But Trump has escalated this from day one in office. There is no doubt about that. No sure what he hopes to accomplish with the maximum pressure campaign, it really looks like the same recipe for regime change we used against Iraq, start with crippling sanctions that only hurt the Iranian people and then ramp up to war. Bolton is calling for regime change, but how does that go down? Invasion? 

And nobody believes anything team Trump says, that's where all his lying hurts our credibility on the world stage. 

11 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I just hope Iran cools off and doesn't do anything to escalate. But Trump has escalated this from day one in office. There is no doubt about that. No sure what he hopes to accomplish with the maximum pressure campaign, it really looks like the same recipe for regime change we used against Iraq, start with crippling sanctions that only hurt the Iranian people and then ramp up to war. Bolton is calling for regime change, but how does that go down? Invasion? 

And nobody believes anything team Trump says, that's where all his lying hurts our credibility on the world stage. 

Nobody believes would mean 7 billion in the entire world. Trump has a lot of supporters that feel differently than you do. I was in Iraq and had missiles, mortars, and rockets launched almost daily at us for 4 months out of the 7 I was there. One missile which came from Iran and used by A shiite proxy Militia came a little to close for comfort. If Trump had to whack this guy to save lives so be it. He was a General working throughput the region in a combat zone- this makes him a legitimate target. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Nobody believes would mean 7 billion in the entire world. Trump has a lot of supporters that feel differently than you do. I was in Iraq and had missiles, mortars, and rockets launched almost daily at us for 4 months out of the 7 I was there. One missile which came from Iran and used by A shiite proxy Militia came a little to close for comfort. If Trump had to whack this guy to save lives so be it. He was a General working throughput the region in a combat zone- this makes him a legitimate target. 

You don't think he's a pathological liar? 

And I do have a problem with one bad war leading us into another. The real question is, was this general worth killing if we get into a wider war? Team Trump seems to want that war. Day one they were pushing us in this direction. 

9 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You don't think he's a pathological liar? 

And I do have a problem with one bad war leading us into another. The real question is, was this general worth killing if we get into a wider war? Team Trump seems to want that war. Day one they were pushing us in this direction. 

If it saves lives yes. Ever been to battle? Got a kid thats been? You have a huge distain for him, to each their own. 

Edited by billsfan_34

1 minute ago, billsfan_34 said:

If it saves lives yes. Ever been to battle? Got a kid thats been? You have a huge distain for him, to each their own. 

Disdainnoun - the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

Distaintrump-730x548.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

I've never been in battle, what's your point? Trump hasn't either. 

You don't think he is a pathological liar? 

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Team Trump seems to want that war. Day one they were pushing us in this direction. 

So passing on a response when Iran shot down a US aircraft in international airspace supports the thought that he "wanted that war."

There is no more clear acts or war than that.

On other notes you have mentioned, nobody has any issues with the horrible nature of the Shah, but that has nothing to do with this.

On a further note, I do not know of one serious, familiar with their operations, informed individual who ever thought that Iran was going to cease its nuclear weapons program because of the "deal" it had in place.

The same for North Korea.

They are simply not going to stop of their own volition.

Unfortunately, that is the reality.

10 minutes ago, sherpa said:

So passing on a response when Iran shot down a US aircraft in international airspace supports the thought that he "wanted that war."

There is no more clear acts or war than that.

On other notes you have mentioned, nobody has any issues with the horrible nature of the Shah, but that has nothing to do with this.

On a further note, I do not know of one serious, familiar with their operations, informed individual who ever thought that Iran was going to cease its nuclear weapons program because of the "deal" it had in place.

The same for North Korea.

They are simply not going to stop of their own volition.

Unfortunately, that is the reality.

Trump came in are started "Maximum Pressure" on them and we have gone from there. 

The international community was all in on the inspections and stated Iran was in compliance. No reason to doubt that. 

Now they are building a bomb. That is the reality. 

A cynical person would assume that this is all part of Trump's reelection campaign. It's been building since day one. 

16 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

If Iran's intention was to not build a bomb then why are they building it now?

What, you mean that Iran enriching uranium past what they need for their stated medical/research purposes isn't completely innocent?