Mr. Trump's War

18 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the only worse prediction by Dems and the media was how Pol Pot would happily help Cambodia enter the 20th century under his benevolent dictatorship...

And we saw how that turned out!!!

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Oh yeah; he told me the story several months later.

Funny too..at the time, his full-time job was prosecuting murders for DOJ.  When he was activated, the Army put him in charge of mass graves registration in Iraq.  Naturally, because of his job, he was a perfect fit...so after about four months, the Army moved him out of that billet into passport processing, presumably on the grounds that he was actually qualified to do mass graves registration.  

What a crazy yet fitting assignment for him. These are the true stories, not the fabricated ***** spewed from the media.

There was a cache of Marines in charge of guarding chemical weapons in Iraq- then pulled off the assignment and the weapons disappeared- to SYRIA! But that never happened either.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, John Adams said:

People made hell up so that's doubtful. 

Here's a really detailed piece getting a lot of reading for those of us (including me) who didn't know his detailed history. It's fascinating. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/09/30/the-shadow-commander

That article blew my mind.  How have I never heard any of this?

49 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Someone I know who was stationed in Iraq had his helicopter cross the Iraq/Iran border.  Which they only discovered when they were fired upon by Iranian air defenses.

But he literally invaded Iran accidentally.

Thats an "invasion", but Iranian soldiers engaged in firefights with US/UK/allied forces in Iraq or Afghanistan, well let's just pretend those never happened

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

It requires investigative reporting, which no one ever does anymore.

I know, just from reading military history, that that's typical of how ***** gets done.  I rarely see it laid out in such detail for contemporary events, though.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

No, what is absolutely ignorant is trying to dismiss this as a nothingburger. Ya, killing has taken place before, so a US Military action is not newsworthy? You are a clown 

You're having a tantrum here Tibsy, looking sillier by the moment. You're arguing about something that was never said, and when out of the kindness of Sherpa's heart he helped you understand what was written (2 or 3 times), you keep raging against a point that exists only in your mind. 

It's a bad look, like Tibsy in a Leisure Suit with Shag haircut bad. 

Surrender and salvage what is left of your dignity sir. 

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

It requires investigative reporting, which no one ever does anymore.

I know, just from reading military history, that that's typical of how ***** gets done.  I rarely see it laid out in such detail for contemporary events, though.

Well *****.

I need to visit PPP more often.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

The New Yorker, before TDS totally wiped out any credibility, did a lot of long pieces like this, used to really enjoy reading it

until the TDS thingy

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Nope.

Never fired.

I got the first intercept of an Iranian hostile after the embassy.

Launched of Kitty Hawk and got a com to connect with the E2, early warning aircraft.

They linked me to an intercept of an Iranian P3 who was closing on the ship, at 200 miles.

Tapped him at 150 miles, and showed him my missiles,   two heaters,with the appropriate hand signals, telling him that if he threatened the task force I would kill him.

Task Force commander, aboard Kitty Hawk at the time, said that if he gets within 50 miles, I was going to get a cleared to fire, or if they open any doors on the bottom.

The speculation was that they had Harpoon, and anti ship missile we had sold them, and that was a reasonable range to eliminate the threat.

He closed to 45 miles, my missiles were locked, and I asked for a cleared to fire, and they said no.

P3 got to 30 miles, and I said that since it was so close, I would first take out the missile as it dropped, and then the airplane.

The guy turned away at 25 miles.

I often wonder what would have happened if I simply shot him and claimed an aggressive action within the rules of engagement.

North Indian Ocean. Nobody would have known

Glad I didn't, 'cause I'm a good guy. 

...thanks for sharing....appreciate your service.........:thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Nope.

Never fired.

I got the first intercept of an Iranian hostile after the embassy.

Launched of Kitty Hawk and got a com to connect with the E2, early warning aircraft.

They linked me to an intercept of an Iranian P3 who was closing on the ship, at 200 miles.

Tapped him at 150 miles, and showed him my missiles,   two heaters,with the appropriate hand signals, telling him that if he threatened the task force I would kill him.

Task Force commander, aboard Kitty Hawk at the time, said that if he gets within 50 miles, I was going to get a cleared to fire, or if they open any doors on the bottom.

The speculation was that they had Harpoon, and anti ship missile we had sold them, and that was a reasonable range to eliminate the threat.

He closed to 45 miles, my missiles were locked, and I asked for a cleared to fire, and they said no.

P3 got to 30 miles, and I said that since it was so close, I would first take out the missile as it dropped, and then the airplane.

The guy turned away at 25 miles.

I often wonder what would have happened if I simply shot him and claimed an aggressive action within the rules of engagement.

North Indian Ocean. Nobody would have known

Glad I didn't, 'cause I'm a good guy. 

Awesome story and great job, Skipper- glad ya got back to the ready room safely!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Hmmmm....oil prices starting to tick up 

Wait, higher oil prices help oil-producing countries such as... Russia.

This confirms that Trump is a Russian agent! Someone check Trump's leftover ice cream to see if it was borscht-flavored!

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Today is a better day than most because something real is actually happening. It will be back to conspiracies and ball-washing again in no time. 

aka John Adams getting his ass handed to him repeatedly then phrasing it like the above to feel better about his bruises 

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Like (+1) 1