Decade in Review: Top 10 Moments 2010 - 2019 (Definitive List)

Welcome to a two part series where I review the top 10 best and worst (coming soon) moments of the decade. This may shock you but the list of worst moments was a lot more vast than best moments. That list may take me until February to narrow down. Also remember this is the definitive list; so no arguing and no creating your own top 10. You enjoy my list and agree with it or so help me god I will post more replies about race and subsequently get banned...again. I've got a bunch of doozies already lined up.

10. Bills Shut out the Patriots in New England (2016)

Although this game comes with a huge asterisk it was still something to behold. Forget about shutting this team out, we never beat this team regardless of who is playing QB for them. Bill Belichick is probably smarter than every Bills coach since 1996 combined. It is kind of surprising he could not scheme a way to score on us even with rookie Jacoby Brissett but nonetheless this was a great win against the hated Patriots. It was also part of a four game winning streak in 2016 which led some to believe the Bills might be a good team. That was short lived and by the end of the season things reverted back to the norm as the Pats won the Superbowl and the Bills fired Rex and started over.

9. Bills’ Defense stifles MVP Aaron Rodgers (2014)

Take a look at Rodgers’ game log from week 10 through week 17 in 2014 below. He was by far the best player in the league that year and dominated almost every team not names the Bills. The Bills were hanging on to their playoff lives and this was supposed to be the game that knocked them out. Not so fast sweetheart. The defense was incredible forcing two interceptions and one forced fumble for a safety and the MVP was left beaten and battered like a….. I digress. 2014 did have a lot of highlights from the Carpenter 60 yarder to Orton completing a last second TD against the vikings but this was the most memorable moment of the season especially since the Bills had a long history of being a doormat for winning teams.

650052115_ScreenShot2020-01-02at8_24_03PM.thumb.png.7cb0d1a549eeeb41c33ac2c2aebbb8e8.png

Man 214 still pisses me off. Who was that jackass that fumbled in the endzone vs the Chiefs? I forgot his name but I will never forget the hate ans disdain I have for him. And then bum ass Derek Carr completed a 3rd and 86 against a 3 man rush in week 16. You blitz his ass Gym Shorts, blitz him hard.

8. Josh Allen Humbles Jalen Ramsay (2018)

Full disclosure: I Love Jalen Ramsay. I am a sucker for the young, cocky athlete especially when he can back it up on the field. But this game felt great. I was super down on Josh Allen and the one good play, two bad play routine was not doing it for me. And then the Jags game happened. It might have been the first time I remember JA throwing a beautiful daat right into Foster's waiting bosom.

It's also crazy to think about that play was less than a second away from being a strip and sack but alas Josh Allen was not going down like that. He took his big ***** out and laid it right infront of Jalen Ramsay who shrunk up in the Buffalo cold.

7. Tyrod and Rex loud debut (2015)

A loud head coach says in his introductory press conference that the Bills are going to the playoffs and promises the pursuit of a Superbowl (whatever the hell that means). A week 1 matchup against a perennial superbowl contender and a MVP candidate in Andrew Luck. Tyrod was just supposed to game manage as a top defense and Lesean McCoy were supposed to carry the Bills that year. Well that’s not exactly how things worked out as Tyrod was the most exciting player on a team that featured a disappointing defense. Week 1 showed Tyrod’s ability to hit the deep ball and his ability to create plays using his legs. “We want Brady” chants started in the fourth quarter of this blowout. How’d that work out for us? But week 1 against the colts and the scramble against the Titans were two huge Tyrod highlights from early in that season.

6. Bills spoil Jets’ Playoff Hopes (2015)

A season which started out with such optimism ended like it usually does: with complete and utter disappointment. Rex switching the scheme made the defense regress and Tyrod getting hurt led to more starts by EJ Manuel; the only QB I have ever seen lose two yards on a QB sneak (The Jags game in London). But still week 17 provided a huge highlight as Ryan Fitzpatrick and the rival Jets just needed to beat the Bills and reach the playoffs. Rex got revenge on his former team and the Bills got revenge on their former QB with a win. Even sweeter was a game ending interception by Fitzpatirck which had become his signature play by the end of his Buffalo tenure. Even still I still have a soft spot for Fitz in my heart and hope he gets to start a playoff game once in his career before he retires.

5. Josh Allen jumps over a linebacker (2018)

Welcome to the NFL young man! My god were we desperate for any kind of hope after the first two weeks of 2018. Unsurprisingly to everyone except Sean McDermott, Nate Peterman was not the answer at QB for the Bills. After a bad debut against the Chargers it seemed every draft analyst was right about Josh Allen not being anywhere close to NFL ready. Then this happened:

A complete ass whooping of a really good Vikings team followed and we got what we were really desperate for. Hope. I'm not the biggest Allen fan but this was a thing of beauty. It's the first time I thought, "You know what? Maybe...Maybe." Anthony Barr is just lucky he didn't hit Allen's third leg. That's something that could've put him on IR (Josh Allen has a big penis joke).

4. Kyle Williams send off (2018)

Easily the most beloved Bills player of the decade (sorry Fred Jackson you are a close second), Kyle Williams got a hero’s send off in his final game against the Dolphins. The blowout of the division rival played second fiddle to the end of an era at defensive tackle. He wasn’t nearly the force he used to be at the position but still gave everything he had even though most every December game had no meaning during his time as a Bill. That’s why we loved him. Also I wish more people would have called him meatball so we could’ve just called him by that name. Kind of like Booger. It was nice to see him score a TD in his career and then catch a pass before coming off the field. Class act.

3. Bills clinch the playoffs on Sunday Night Football (2019)

The first and only Sunday Night Game of the decade for the team was also one of the best moments of the decade for the team. After a tough loss at home there were murmurings of something Bills fans are all too familiar with; a letdown. What if we lost 3 straight games and then needed to win the last one just to make the playoffs? Well that didn’t happen as this team proved again the old Bills are dead. The Bills went into Pittsburgh and just TCB: took care of business. This year we didn’t need an Andy Dalton miracle as we took matters into our own hands. It wasn’t pretty but that no longer matters.

One thing I will say about this season: With winning comes the expectation of continued winning. Two years ago we were happy to just make it. Those days are now behind us. That's a credit to this coaching staff. Clap us to more wins McClappy!

2.  Bills beat the Patriots for the first time since 2000 (2011)

The legend of Fitzmagic was born on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in Buffalo. A 2-0 Bills team falls behind 21-0 early and here we go again. But the bearded one would not go down that easily. A comeback for the ages that featured a defensive TD, Stevie Johnson’s amazing route running abilities and Fred Jackson being the best player in a game that included prime Brady, Gronk and Welker. And although this was during a time when Brady had his long, flowing hair and I couldn't look at him without adjusting my pants, it was still nice to see him lose. And that pick 6 by Florence that went off of Darus' helmet. And watching BB lose his mind after he realized the Fred Jackson TD overturn at the end was worst case scenario for him was amazing.

1.  Bills End Playoff Drought (2017)

Is there even a debate as to what the best moment of the decade is?

17 long and mostly dull seasons. The Dick Jauron years still haunt my dreams every so often. But this was a magical day. Everything seemed to be setting up for another disappointment. The Ravens had just taken the lead against a subpar Bengals team that could have easily folded. But that beautiful ginger would not go away silently as threw just a beauty of a pass between two defenders to put the Bills in the playoffs. What happened in said playoffs is another story but for one night Bills’ fans rejoiced. My favorite part about the day was a fat man touchdown as Kyle Williams scored on a fullback dive. What I didn't like was almost choking away that game. But it would have been so Buffalo to have the Bengals beat the Ravens only for us to lose to the Dolphins and miss out on the playoffs. What a tribute to the 2004 season that would have been!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Unfortunately not too many "Top Moments" in the past 10 years

Hopefully in 2030 , the list will include, things like:

- winning 1st superbowl

- repeating as superbowl champs

- beating Patriots for 20th straight time.

- Josh Allen named to 4th straight pro- bowl

- McDermott wins 3rd Coach of year honors,

37 minutes ago, elijah said:

I love the list, however would’ve personally found a way to sneak the Dallas Thanksgiving game on to the list

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

Dallas Thanksgiving. 

Honorable mention (not quite top ten but it was awesome) to the win in Atlanta in 2017. I really thought we were going to lose a lot that season until that game.

If Dallas was a better team this year then it would’ve been on the list. The game was fun as hell but we beat a mediocre team that wasn’t in our league this year. Half of their wins came against Washington and the giants. 

- Pegula buys team

- Mario Williams FA thread

- Russ Brandon fired

- Mike Tolbert signed

- Billy Buffalo dies same day Train Horn is silenced forever (might have dreamed this one)

Good list.  That 2014 loss to the Chiefs where we were well on our way to winning before Bryce Brown fumbles running into the endzone and Chandler couldn't recover it still stings.  Momentum shifted and that fumble pry costs us a playoff spot.

2 hours ago, buffalobillswin said:

If Dallas was a better team this year then it would’ve been on the list. The game was fun as hell but we beat a mediocre team that wasn’t in our league this year. Half of their wins came against Washington and the giants. 

Still the number one offense and play much better at home.

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Good list.  That 2014 loss to the Chiefs where we were well on our way to winning before Bryce Brown fumbles running into the endzone and Chandler couldn't recover it still stings.  Momentum shifted and that fumble pry costs us a playoff spot.

Still the number one offense and play much better at home.

Bryce Brown. That was his name lol. That chiefs loss was worse than the Raider loss.