2020 Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalists list

Just Jack

Just now, RyanC883 said:

this is absurd.  The best Special Teams player (who is not a kicker or punter)  of all time not in the Hall.  wtf.  Instead, lets have the 35th best wr, safety or whoever.  

many in my life didn't understand Jim Kelly getting in..... so Tasker doesn't have the love outside most of Bills fans...  :(

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

many in my life didn't understand Jim Kelly getting in..... so Tasker doesn't have the love outside most of Bills fans...  :(

what other QB took a team to 4 straight SB’s?   Not even Brady in a watered down AFC East.  Kelly had to go against Marino twice or 3 times every year, also Warren Moon in AFC, Elway, etc.  

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

what other QB took a team to 4 straight SB’s?   Not even Brady in a watered down AFC East.  Kelly had to go against Marino twice or 3 times every year, also Warren Moon in AFC, Elway, etc.  

i'm just reporting and they are 100% serious, i fully disagree of course, he wasn't a superelite QB but he belongs there

but there's a lot of downplaying of that 4 SB era, craziness...  :(

Edited by row_33
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

McNabb not performing in a Superbowl is no excuse for TO acting the way he did. TO missed out on first ballot despite his obvious talent and production because he was a bad teammate. 

Appreciate the correction on Harrison.

I agree that is why the voters made him wait. I just disagree with their actions.  Was Michael Jordan a good teammate? By many accounts no. 

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

I agree that is why the voters made him wait. I just disagree with their actions.  Was Michael Jordan a good teammate? By many accounts no. 

I don't watch or in fact care about basketball. You Americans had four goes at creating decent sports. You are batting at .250 :D

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't watch or in fact care about basketball. You Americans had four goes at creating decent sports. You are batting at .250 :D

basketball hall of fame, did you score 20 points in a game?

I'm guessing the following make it:

53 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Naismath was Canadian.

Edited by matter2003

5 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Atwater was a beast and I think is more than deserving.  But there's a lot of old-boy-network nonsense in NFL HOF voting  that favors visible people.  For example, Howie Long was a good DE but to go in as quickly and early as he did?  What if he's not on Fox every week?  For this reason I expect Lynch to go in and for that other committee to vote for Jimmy Johnson (notwithstanding his crap job in Miami).

I'm not saying -- yet -- that Long, Lynch and Johnson may not belong in the HOF.  I'm saying they get breaks that other people don't.

John Lynch definitely deserves it

13 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

To be considered one of the top 2 or 3 WRs of your era. You can’t just look at catches.  Wayne wasn’t even best WR on his team. Moss, Harrison, Carter, Calvin Johnson, TO, Fitzgerald all were more dominant while their careers overlapped with Bruce, Holt, and Wayne.

So Wayne can't be a HOF because every one you mentioned is in or headed to the HOF?

Atwater, Boselli,  Polamalu to me should be no brainers. They were all dominant. Hutchinson and Lynch would be my 2nd tier. Anyone else is a toss-up.  3 safeties certainly won’t happen. 

Edited by Locomark

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So Wayne can't be a HOF because every one you mentioned is in or headed to the HOF?

Yes that would be my argument. Again a very good player just not HOF worthy compared to his peers in the same era 

I'm surprised Hutchinson is not mentioned as much as others. He was much better player than Faneca.  Played at a very high level for longer than Boselli.  

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bill Cowher elected to Pro Football Hall of Fame's centennial class

Jeff Legwold   ESPN Senior Writer

Former Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher was formally named the first member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame's centennial class on Saturday, when the Hall's president, David Baker, informed Cowher of his selection to be enshrined during CBS' "NFL Today" program.

The Hall's centennial class was selected by a blue-ribbon panel this past week. The remainder of the 15-member class will be revealed Wednesday morning.

Cowher, a Crafton, Pennsylvania, native who coached the Steelers for 15 seasons, was visibly moved by the announcement.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28465916/bill-cowher-elected-pro-football-hall-fame-centennial-class

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yeah but...contrarian, I know...does a "special" centennial class, chosen by a "blue-ribbon panel" cheapen the HOF?

Eye of the beholder, I guess. I was thrilled with the premise initially as it was way past time to right a True Wrong regarding great AFL players who’ve been subbed by the old guard NFL types. But as the whittling down continued through the year, it became very clear our beloved AFLers will never get their due.

So yes! NOW that we have a clearer understanding of likely inductees, it’s Same Old, Same Old. Just a bigger and yes, watered down class. 

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Eye of the beholder, I guess. I was thrilled with the premise initially as it was way past time to right a True Wrong regarding great AFL players who’ve been subbed by the old guard NFL types. But as the whittling down continued through the year, it became very clear our beloved AFLers will never get their due.

So yes! NOW that we have a clearer understanding of likely inductees, it’s Same Old, Same Old. Just a bigger and yes, watered down class. 

Agree. If they had righted some wrongs nobody would have been unhappy.  Maybe this is how Tasker gets in.