2020 Pro Football Hall Of Fame Finalists list

Just Jack

One of the weakest groups ever.

Hutchinson, Boselli,  and Polamalu deserve to be elected.  All three were considered true greats at the time they played.

Boselli was great and arguably the best in the league at LT but a 6 year career casts some doubt.  If they 

let in Terrell Davis then they should put in Boselli.  For the record I don't think Davis should have been elected but I would vote for Boselli.  Boselli was elected to all-decade team.  

Zach Thomas was a stat collector and not a difference maker at MLB.  The WRs are all very good but I'm not convinced any of them should be in HOF.  

I don't support Tasker as a HOF player, but if ever there was a year to make a statement about special teams and the impact he had on the game this was the year.  If he can't be a finalist with this group he will never get in.

I've posted before, they should put Don Coryell and Tom Flores in the HOF before any of these players.  

• Like (+1) 1

Am I the only one here who was just not that impressed with Reggie Wayne?  Yeah he was good with Peyton throwing to him but ... HOF good?????  Really?????????

And while I'm at it:  Steve Atwater should've been in years ago.

Edited by Ennjay
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

One of the weakest groups ever.

Hutchinson, Boselli,  and Polamalu deserve to be elected.  All three were considered true greats at the time they played.

Boselli was great and arguably the best in The WRs are all very good but I'm not convinced any of them should be in HOF.  

Then I would love to hear your criteria for a WR being selected into the Hall of Fame.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

He certainly has the accolades. 7x Pro Bowler. 5x First Team All-Pro.

used to watch games with Fish fans, on 3rd and 3 the opponents would run right at him for 5 easy yards and the Fish fans would do a hula dance celebrating the awesome tackle by Zach

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

That seems like a little bit of a weak class. I don't remember any of these guys truly being a dominant force that took over games over a long period of time. To me that's what an HOF player is.  These guys were all good to great players, but not forces to be reckoned with. Seymour, Pom, James and Atwater are the closest. Boselli had a short but decent career. 

The rest seem like any pro-bowl players who made it a few times, but not consistently.

Edited by BillsRdue
  • Like (+1) 2

Sam Mills belongs in the HOF. It's the "Pro Football" Hall of Fame, not just NFL. While his NFL career is borderline, if you add his 3 USFL seasons, he should be a no-doubter. He was 3x All-USFL & won 2 championships. Tackle stats weren't kept for the USFL (I'd bet he's the all-time leader), but he had 9 INTs & 15 sacks in 3 seasons, which is amazing for an ILB.

If you haven't seen it, Mills' "A Football Life" is the best episode I've ever seen. Great player & an even better person.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Then I would love to hear your criteria for a WR being selected into the Hall of Fame.

To be considered one of the top 2 or 3 WRs of your era. You can’t just look at catches.  Wayne wasn’t even best WR on his team. Moss, Harrison, Carter, Calvin Johnson, TO, Fitzgerald all were more dominant while their careers overlapped with Bruce, Holt, and Wayne.

27 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

To be considered one of the top 2 or 3 WRs of your era. You can’t just look at catches.  Wayne wasn’t even best WR on his team. Moss, Harrison, Carter, Calvin Johnson, TO, Fitzgerald all were more dominant while their careers overlapped with Bruce, Holt, and Wayne.

Were they less dominant or simply overlooked and under-appreciated?

Torry Holt was the fastest receiver in history to 10,000 yards.  

Has everyone really forgotten The Greatest Show on Turf that quickly?  Before gaudy numbers became a regular thing for so many receivers at once, they helped set the bar and actually won a ring while doing it.

They were absolutely dominant and *are absolutely Hall of Fame worthy.

Edited by Chicken Boo

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I posted a new thread with the new article from the Buffalo News and it got locked again! Lol ?

Your thread creation rights have been put on hold ever since you started that thread with last years list. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ennjay said:

Am I the only one here who was just not that impressed with Reggie Wayne?  Yeah he was good with Peyton throwing to him but ... HOF good?????  Really?????????

And while I'm at it:  Steve Atwater should've been in years ago.

i wasn’t impressed with Marvin Harrison either yet he was a first-ballot guy. And T.O. wasn’t. Really make ms you think ?

Not a very impressive list.

Zach Thomas? WTF?! He should not even be mentioned when it comes to the Hall of Fame.

Reggie Wayne, Richard Seymour? No.

Steve Hutchinson can wait. Alan Faneca, Bryant Young....meh.

I'm not as crazy about Troy Polamalu as others are, so be it.

Edgerrin James is a big maybe.

Steve Atwater, LeRoy Butler & John Lynch. That's a lot of Safeties. Probably deserving, but no way they all get in.

Sam Mills is deserving as is Tony Boselli.

Torry Holt was a damn good receiver, but so was Issac Bruce. I feel bad for former Rams great Henry Ellard, you could make a case for him had he not been on so many sub-par teams.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 1