QB Index, Wild Card Round: Playoff trustworthiness rankings

wppete

1 hour ago, wppete said:

More fuel ️ for the fire ?. Josh Allen dead last on this list. Nothing but disrespect for the Bills all season and especially this week. Incredible! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093888/article/qb-index-wild-card-round-playoff-trustworthiness-rankings

I am waiting for a late Christmas present to arrive and hoping it does so before Saturday's game:

Buffalo

vs

Everybody

BOO YAH!

I love how the one guy writes himself an 'out' with regard to Allen:

" But given the improvement he's shown from Year 1 to Year 2 -- and over the course of his sophomore season -- trust me when I tell you that I won't be surprised if he makes us look stupid during the Wild Card Weekend opener in Houston. "

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Garrapalo didn't he play in one playoff game with SF?    don't know why I thought otherwise 

Nope. Came in and won the final few games his first year, but San Fran sucked before that. He was injured the next season. This is his first full season with them.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Because he hasn't played in a playoff game before?

Because he's Jekyll and Hyde. 

If Good Josh shows up, the Bills win convincingly. Its like the Thanksgiving game all over again.

If Bad Josh shows up, the Bills lose 17-13.

I happen to think Good Josh will show up. But do I view him as a TRUSTWORTHY quarterback, if I'm being unbiased? I certainly do not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

More fuel ️ for the fire ?. Josh Allen dead last on this list. Nothing but disrespect for the Bills all season and especially this week. Incredible! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093888/article/qb-index-wild-card-round-playoff-trustworthiness-rankings

I think that is a fair assessment of Allen to date.  I would still rather have him than some of the QB's listed above him.

I expect Allen will keep improving over the next few years while others listed above him have hit their peak.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Eh, I was on the train that Wentz was overrated but he carried a garbage team to the playoffs.  He was awesome down the stretch.  Really impressed me. 

Looking at his stats again I have to concede that he upped his game down the stretch, like you said. But watching him hasn't had me feeling like he is that special.

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Wentz wasn't that special.

I disagree. There’s some really great work done by guys like dan orlovsky regarding just how good Wentz has been this year. He’s better than Allen in every statistical catagory, and did so with somehow worse supporting cast. All that to say, I like Allen more than Wentz and for a “futures” bet, I’ll  take Allen, but Right now Wentz has been better. 

I'm sure Brady was listed last his first playoff season.

Let it go

If Josh plays well the media will be on board.  The media has no bias. They follow the bandwagon as much as they create it.  Winners drive clicks and viewership.

Win on the road and the Bills will be the talk of the NFL as the most dangerous team in the Division round.

44 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I'm sure Brady was listed last his first playoff season.

Let it go

If Josh plays well the media will be on board.  The media has no bias. They follow the bandwagon as much as they create it.  Winners drive clicks and viewership.

Win on the road and the Bills will be the talk of the NFL as the most dangerous team in the Division round.

so if my eyes see Josh play well i can find it in my heart and soul to disregard conclusions reached by stats people?

will we eventually see the scoreboard and trophy presentation overturned because of someone's stats?

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so if my eyes see Josh play well i can find it in my heart and soul to disregard conclusions reached by stats people?

will we eventually see the scoreboard and trophy presentation overturned because of someone's stats?

I don't understand your post.  If you are stating winning is more important than stats then I agree for the most part.  Allen can win and have a terrible stat line because he can make a few plays a game that matter, he can run, and the Bills defense doesn't give up big plays.  But if he has a good YPA and a positive TD/INT ratio the likelihood of a win goes up quite a bit.  I don't care if he passes for 155 yards if he has 2 TD and O INT.  

On 1/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, Logic said:

Because he's Jekyll and Hyde. 

If Good Josh shows up, the Bills win convincingly. Its like the Thanksgiving game all over again.

If Bad Josh shows up, the Bills lose 17-13.

I happen to think Good Josh will show up. But do I view him as a TRUSTWORTHY quarterback, if I'm being unbiased? I certainly do not.

he's Jekyll and Hyde. 

IMO that went away months ago when he stopped throwing INTs 

can you blame Josh for play calling?

if there are no designed runs he can’t really wow us with his feet.