QB Index, Wild Card Round: Playoff trustworthiness rankings

wppete

I mean, I look at the list and I cant really argue he should be higher.  Plus at the end there was this bit....

But given the improvement he's shown from Year 1 to Year 2 -- and over the course of his sophomore season -- trust me when I tell you that I won't be surprised if he makes us look stupid during the Wild Card Weekend opener in Houston.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Leicester City once won a PL title a few years back at 5000-1 odds. I don't care about these rankings because shocking the world will be amazing. 

Remember kids, I still hold my preseason prediction true of Frank Gore carrying us in the SB and winning the MVP. That and two incredibly important Josh throws.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, wppete said:

More fuel ️ for the fire ?. Josh Allen dead last on this list. Nothing but disrespect for the Bills all season and especially this week. Incredible! 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001093888/article/qb-index-wild-card-round-playoff-trustworthiness-rankings

I like Josh but if we are being honest he should be last...hasn’t proven anything and has the least impressive stats...not sure why this surprises anybody...

Edited by JaCrispy

Wentz, Tannehill, Garropolo, Cousins, and Allen - the bottom of this list - are all unproven in the playoffs and you could put any of them from 8-12 and there wouldn't be much quibbling.  

I will admit that Jackson should be the number 1 rated QB after the season he's had, but if you're talking the playoffs, he had what arguably could be the worst playoff game ever.

Rating Tom Brady at number 7 going into the playoffs is just plain ridiculous.  Yes as a Bills fan, I do not like him at all, however, if you were to rank him based on playoff performance and expectations, you'd have to rank him higher. 

• Like (+1) 1

This is going to be pretty low on the list of things for me to get riled up about going into Saturday's game.

Let's look at this from an opposing coaching staff point of view:

Do opponents fear our offense?

Can defensive coordinators easily scheme against our offense?

Do we have an innovative top-flight play caller?

Do we have an aggressive unpredictable head coach?

Are we likely to have a game plan that attacks opponents weaknesses?

Do we have a track record of scoring lots of points this season?

Are we regularly getting big chunks of yards?

Is our QB prone to turnovers and/or bad decisions?

Do we have playoff experience?

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy.  This has been an awesome and enjoyable year so far.  But we do have to be realistic about what our chances are this year based on the above factors

GO BILLS!

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

This is going to be pretty low on the list of things for me to get riled up about going into Saturday's game.

Let's look at this from an opposing coaching staff point of view:

Do opponents fear our offense?

Can defensive coordinators easily scheme against our offense?

Do we have an innovative top-flight play caller?

Do we have an aggressive unpredictable head coach?

Are we likely to have a game plan that attacks opponents weaknesses?

Do we have a track record of scoring lots of points this season?

Are we regularly getting big chunks of yards?

Is our QB prone to turnovers and/or bad decisions?

Do we have playoff experience?

I'm not trying to be a negative Nancy.  This has been an awesome and enjoyable year so far.  But we do have to be realistic about what our chances are this year based on the above factors

GO BILLS!

I don't think you have to try at all - it just comes naturally!  

Huge Allen supporter here, but I can’t really argue that he belongs higher than anyone other than maybe Cousins.... cousins plays better as a whole, but his big game play is worriesome. Josh hasn’t played in the playoffs so he’ll have a chance to show how he can do. 

• Like (+1) 1

I found this to be a completely reasonable and accurate write-up.

I had zero problem with it.

If I were making my own list based on "trustworthiness of each QB in the playoffs", it would likely have Allen in last place, as well.

38 minutes ago, MJS said:

So is Tannehill. So is Garoppolo and Wentz.

Yeah, so as they’re all playoff ?’s, you go by regular season. They all played better than Josh did. Just how it goes. For this playoff run who do you want? Of the 12 listed, I’d take Allen over Garrapalo, Cousins, and potentially Watson. That’s about it for me.

The problem with this is that you have to walk the middle ground of looking at playoffs; and how they’ve played to get there... if it was strictly playoffs, Brady would have to be #1. But he isn’t playing that well. 

I think Josh has been a top 15 QB this year. This list reflects that. 

25 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Yeah, so as they’re all playoff ?’s, you go by regular season. They all played better than Josh did. Just how it goes. For this playoff run who do you want? Of the 12 listed, I’d take Allen over Garrapalo, Cousins, and potentially Watson. That’s about it for me.

Wentz wasn't that special.