Bills at Texans: What's On Your Menu?

Gugny

My mouth began to water earlier this week when reading this and all the Beef on Weck posts... I couldn't come up with the right rolls in time, so it's homemade wings and pizza fingers for me!!

Also... IPAs and Blue Lights!!

Edited by Conlan58

On 1/2/2020 at 3:14 PM, dorquemada said:

Greetings fellow capital regioner.  I'll do a nice big pork butt on the smoker (starting night before with plenty of sitting on the deck drinking beer around the Chimnea just to be safe) then grill wings and a pizza on the gas grill.  As far as drinking goes...for this game, Southern Tier IPA.  I'll get some Perecca's bread for pulled pork sandwiches and probably some of their big stupid cupcakes.  gonna be a fat one!

Perecca's bread is the best and the crust is second to none.  Sounds great with pulled pork.  Enjoy and GO BILLS!

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Good luck! I hope your air fryer experience has been better than mine, which is now just collecting dust. Can only squeeze in maybe 6 wings in mine. 

This thing will hold a dozen. I tested it out last night when I got the wings out to thaw. 

• Like (+1) 1

....fresh Depends......early morning kitchen prep (with Bourbon assistance).....grilled Delmonico steak with mushrooms sauteed in Burgundy wine sauce.....Shrimp French....Caulflower AuGratin........MORE Bourbon.....turn TV off pissed when Bflo falls behind......read about our "W" on ESPN at 11PM (has been a HIGHLY successful formula of late)..:thumbsup:

I'm doing my Honey maple wings, with some chicken quesadillas, spicy cheese dip...some Heineken, Guinness, & Whiskey to wash it all down ???

Go Bills! We need to score 24pts today 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 1/2/2020 at 1:45 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Now that’s a good question: 

Dry January is throwing a curveball into my usual game day consumption routine...

Looks as if I’ll have to double up on menu items to balance it out. 

You need to make an exemption.  Whatever you were drinking during Bills last win must be consumed, unless you also drank it during Patriots loss.

After various debate, I am drinking my 2017 vintage Josh Cabernet Sauvignon wine.

I shall quaff it to the dregs and enjoy every sip

Backstory: I bought it before the Browns game, stored it in the basement with the other wine, and we lost.

Guys told me "No way, gotta drink it!"

We thumped Miami and clinched over the Steelers to the sight of an empty bottle

But we also lost close games at the end to the Ravens and the Patriots********(did I put enough)

It's a quandry, record of 4-2 in games where we played starters.

Josh brought us here.  Yes, our defense is better than our offense, but without Josh and those 29 TDs, we are NOT playing today.

Without some of those "I Really Wanted It" 4th down plays, we are NOT playing today.

Without Josh getting a handle on those INTs and fumbles, we are NOT playing today.

So I decided, Dance with the One that Brung Ya:  2017 vintage (completion of college) Josh Allen.

Cheers!!!!!

And if I could say anything to Josh I would say:  Play like your jock is on fire and completions will put it out.  But first, look around, and take a deep breath, and SAVOR.  Because while we hope this will come around every year, you can not count on it.

49 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The Patriots loss is a fuzzy blur... I think it's safest to stay dry.

Haha I have a couple of fuzzy blurs in my house but they have 4 legs and they bark.

On 1/2/2020 at 1:43 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

I must be weird.  I can't equate a Bills game with preparing a menu of any kind.

For me it's, try not to be nervous, get the game behind me, then consider eating afterward. 

Same here i can't even think about food right now ,

GO BILLS !!!!