What’s your Saturday going to look like?

Virgil

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just got a Josh Allen Jersey for Christmas and haven’t worn it yet.  If I wear it and the lose, it will be dead to me.  

I have my daughter with me to watch, but she did watch the last one with me too.  Definitely just the two of us. 

Probably just have wings.

What’s everyone else’s plan?

Throw away the superstitions they have absolutely no affect on the game.

Sending the team an encouraging message or tweet would do more for the cause.

BTW  mine will be go to the gym at 7am finish work out at 8-8:30

Drive down to the hiking trail and walk 5k (3 miles) between 9-10 am

Pick the GF up and go for breakfast then a nice relaxing drive on the Niagara Parkway.

1 PM World Junior Semi Final Hockey game Canada vs Finland (Finland eliminated  Team USA in Quarter Finals yesterday)

3:30 Order Pizza and Wings and watch talking heads pregame crap(I have not had pizza in 12 weeks trying to lose weight)

4:30 Watch the Bills grind the Steers into Hamburger :)

• Haha (+1) 1

I got some new Zubaz for christmas. Will be wearing those with an Allen Jersey. Will be watching over my cousin's house. Having a big party as hes getting deployed over to Qatar next week for 7 months. Pizza, wings, beer and football. What could be a better send off(A bills win!!!!). Go Bills!

I run a business that’s basically 365/24/7. But, we will knock off on Saturday around lunchtime and settle in later to watch the game. My sons are coming over around 3 and most of the family will be here so I’m really looking forward to the game!!!  I live a couple hours out of Buffalo and a lot of people are excited for the Bills here!! It’s been a long time coming!!

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Throw away the superstitions they have absolutely no affect on the game.

Sending the team an encouraging message or tweet would do more for the cause.

Wait, what do you mean?  

How I watch the game and what I wear is a main contributing factor as to whether they win or lose all games 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Sorry to hear. Having said that, you know you can leave at a time to make sure you are in Rhode Island by 4pm. Just a thought

Thanks, but we have stuff to get done in the morning and probably won’t be able to leave till noon, and it’s about a six hour drive.  But that does mean I’ll miss probably the first half, which based on karma this year, they should win.  As long as I remember not to wear any Bills gear until after the game. 

54 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Wait, what do you mean?  

How I watch the game and what I wear is a main contributing factor as to whether they win or lose all games 

Dude, I switch seats, beer, shirts etc when I am watching on DVR and the game has been over for 2 hours. 

you are correct in your beliefs, don’t listen to the blasphemy!

29 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Thanks, but we have stuff to get done in the morning and probably won’t be able to leave till noon, and it’s about a six hour drive.  But that does mean I’ll miss probably the first half, which based on karma this year, they should win.  As long as I remember not to wear any Bills gear until after the game. 

Hah! Nothing can be important enough in the morning to miss the Bills!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

We are having wife's birthday party at hotel venue and staying there Friday night. Checkout 11am and findv something to eat before checking in to another hotel by 3pm. Debating watching the game from the hotel room or going out to a bar with a big screen. Might be too hungover from Friday night so it will be a game time decision. 

19 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

going to watch it on TV alone, with no food or beverage. 

A bunch of buddies of mine (not Bills fans, but rooting for them/me) want to go out for the game. I can’t handle it. I need total concentration. 

? This sounds just like me. My buddy that's a Cowboys fan loves cheering on the Bills and wants to go out. I just have never been able to get into any game while at a bar or restaurant.

I'll probably watch solo at home and depending on the outcome, go out later with my Bills gear on and cheer on the Titans.

Quite a few Pats fans in this area ?

36 minutes ago, billsherd said:

We are having wife's birthday party at hotel venue and staying there Friday night. Checkout 11am and findv something to eat before checking in to another hotel by 3pm. Debating watching the game from the hotel room or going out to a bar with a big screen. Might be too hungover from Friday night so it will be a game time decision. 

Hair of the dog, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

OK, seared off a nice piece of beef last night - will be dropping into the Sous Vide after work for a good 20+ hour bath.  Rolls will be getting Wecked in the am so the salt doesn't kill 'em...

Only bummer is I forgot to buy Pizza Logs when I was home.  How can we have a party without logged food!?! :beer:

Work 3am-3pm after 3-4 hours of sleep and then hang out with the kids on the couch watching the game. The menu will consist of whatever is the easiest to make that keeps them happy. I'm looking at you frozen chicken nuggets.

1 hour ago, Rick 'r Mortis said:

? This sounds just like me. My buddy that's a Cowboys fan loves cheering on the Bills and wants to go out. I just have never been able to get into any game while at a bar or restaurant.

I'll probably watch solo at home and depending on the outcome, go out later with my Bills gear on and cheer on the Titans.

Quite a few Pats fans in this area ?

If they win and play at Baltimore, there’s a chance I will go out and watch it with friends. That will have more of a “nothing to lose” vibe, so less stress. But for this game, I can’t!

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

OK, seared off a nice piece of beef last night - will be dropping into the Sous Vide after work for a good 20+ hour bath.  Rolls will be getting Wecked in the am so the salt doesn't kill 'em...

Only bummer is I forgot to buy Pizza Logs when I was home.  How can we have a party without logged food!?! :beer:

Wow, I never even THOUGHT about using sous vide for beef on weck.  I wish I'd have read this earlier, I won't have 20 hours.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Heading to Duffy's in Paterson NJ around 3:30 to meet up with the rest of the North NJ Bills Backers.  Should have a great crowd!  Duffy's treats us very well with all of the big TVs and sound.  They also carry Labatt Blue for us.  If anyone is in the North Jersey area, stop out and join us! (Our group has grown since this photo)

backers.jpg

Edited by chknwing334
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Heading to Duffy's in Paterson NJ around 3:30 to meet up with the rest of the North NJ Bills Backers.  Should have a great crowd!  Duffy's treats us very well with all of the big TVs and sound.  They also carry Labatt Blue for us.  If anyone is in the North Jersey area, stop out and join us!

backers.jpg

I wish you were a little further north, lol.  Have you guys considered relocating to Chestnut Ridge?  ?