What’s your Saturday going to look like?

Virgil

53 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Just curious, if the Bills lose, will you disown your daughter?

If it were anyone else on this planet, without question plus all their loved ones for good measure.

With little miss, she's the only one who keeps me grounded during games and reminds me there's more important things.

However, I do occasionally have to excuse myself to the kitchen after a loss to release a few silent F' Bombs.

46 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

If the Bills win I’ll be dancing 

If the Bills and Titans  win I’ll be dancing in the street.   

On the streets of LA?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I have worn my Allen jersey twice this season,  both losses for our beloved.   Not sure if I should wear Bills gear or just go with "civilian cloths".  I will be a nervous wreck until kickoff.

I had the same experience with my new Singletary jersey, gonna compromise and wear a Bills long sleeve tee to the local ginmill to have wings and drafts with friends for the game.

3 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

I had the same experience with my new Singletary jersey, gonna compromise and wear a Bills long sleeve tee to the local ginmill to have wings and drafts with friends for the game.

I have found that when I were a home jersey for an away game and an away jersey for a home game, it seems to help them win.  I will most likely follow that scientifically proven method.  It can't fail, right?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Going to start with a can and bottle return because they have been building up in the garage.

Followed by a trip to wegmans, for some beer and snacks pick up, possibly a sub for lunch.

Then tidy up the house for company.

Then around 3pm the guys will be by.  The genny lights will be flowing.  Basement trips as well.

Have pizza and wings delivered around 5pm.

Toasting a Bills victory while hopefully watching the Titans beat the Pats

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Going with my friends to my brother’s bar.  Debating whether to bring the new lady friend around but leaning towards no.  I took her out for the NE, spent time explain what the the downs meant and what a first down was ((she was trying), and she ended up celebrating a NE td (she got confused). 

but it should be a great time either way.  I wish all our games were on Saturday at 4:30.

She from New Zealand or just trying hard to put on the dumb blonde routine?

• Haha (+1) 1

Activity?  Depends on the weather.  It's supposed to be on-and-off snow showers up here.  I have a huge maple that I had dropped a couple of months ago, and I'm slowly reducing it to usable lengths.  So I'll want to get the chain saw work out of the way before I get into the alcohol.  Kids, don't try this at home.

Menu?  Despite the weather, I can barbecue outside under the porch roof (and I'm a charcoal guy - the hell with propane).  It's beef ribs and grilled asparagus.  Why?  Because I'm alone, and I can.

Alcohol?  Probably a really nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, but I might go off the rails and get the best damn bottle of Zinfandel that I can lay my hands on.  The poor thing isn't going to know what hit it.

And, like so many on this board...I'm going to pace, pace, pace, pace...

Well, I was going to be watching at home, nothing special.  But just found out tonight my wife’s best friends mother passed, so now we’ll be driving to Rhode Island to make calling hours on Sunday. Will at least be able to listen on Sirius XM thankfully. 

Up and atem at 8

Eat huge blueberry pancake breakfast

Stretches for a few hours

Hot tub for an hour

Play some Madden for an hour

Chill with some Beyoncé with my Bose

Eat a heavy protein lunch with carrot juice to wash it down

Do mental gymnastics to keep from peaking too soon

Put on white jersey and blue pants

Pre-game exercise in backyard to get heartrate up (running in place, jumping jacks, side bends, crunches, etc)

Do more mental gymnastics to keep from peaking too soon

Get ankles taped at 3:30

Listen to some DaBaby with my Bose

Pace around and clap profusely saying "Let's do this"

Take care of personal needs

Sing national anthem at 4:15

Grab the remote and blow the whistle

Kick the padded footstool to simulate kickoff

Shout "Let's go Buffalo!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I may well be in the little Havana district in Miami looking for a really solid Cuban sandwich and a beer for a late lunch. Afterward I will be on my sailing yacht ️ noshing on snacks, and sipping drinks, ?? following the Buffalo Bills Playoff game, all the while enjoying the eighty degree temperatures, of course, thanks for asking.?  

Go Bills!!!  

I need to check with my son first. I’m usually a home on the couch guy. FOCUS! But the Bills bar is close, and even closer to his place than mine, and it will be rockin’! Being the late game, I actually have time to get to Duffs 40 miles away (all highway), and bring the good stuff back home. Do I want focus, the crowd or pig out with focus? Game day decision. 

8 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

Flying back home from the UK, won’t get to see the game

Might you be able to get it on the plane? They get the major networks, when it’s working. I was facing that hope but my trip got cancelled last minute. 

I’ll anxiously watch the Sabres game alone albeit probably surrounded by my girlfriend and sisters in the room.  My girlfriend will half ass watch the game with me and my sisters will stare at their tablets, we got them into the Bills but the Sabres seemingly aren’t good enough/exciting enough or big enough yet for their interest. I’ll probably annoy the ***** out of them in the meantime solely out of an anxious combination of boredom and excitement.  

We’ll probably start boozing sometime around the start of the third period.   I’m just coming of age (21) so I’ve finally been able to find my happy ground of an enjoyable buzz during the game over the past 2-3 years rather than an immature drunk, but over these past 4-5 weeks I’ve admittedly taken a step back in the development because a better team with higher stakes have the nerves a little more rattled each week and leads to anxious drinking lmao. 

Then around 4ish my parents will get home from work a little early and a combination of my friends and my dads friends will arrive shortly after with lots of beer and food.  Maybe we order a pizza instead because it’s not a Sunday with a full morning of free time to prepare. 

Admittedly they’ll be too loud to watch the game as intently as we’d like, especially considering I’ve been visiting my girlfriends house in LI for a week so it’ll be a mini homecoming party, but the companies worth it most of the time. 

Edited by elijah

After a long night of drinking I wake up disoriented, confused, and likely angry to the sound of my alarm at 6:30 - 7 AM.  Spend a few minutes wondering what day it is and why my alarm is going off.  See on my phone display that its Saturday and go back to bed annoyed but relieved that I can sleep in.  Wake up 3 minutes later in a panic remembering that its game day and I got a lot of stuff to do.

Frantically shower, get dressed, and ready for pick up.  Pile the rest of the tailgate provisions into my buddies car and head to NRG.   Hopefully, park, unload and mark out our territory with our urine.  And also with our tent and table. 

Its now 8:15. I make a dumb joke about pitching a tent in the lot and in my pants and wait for the laugh.  Seconds of silence go by but I'm not budging.  He finally lets out a weak chuckle but its forced. Success!

Crack my first beer.  Its now 8:15 AM.  Text my friends a pic of my open beer with a time stamp. YOLO.  No one responds.  They're all haters.  9 -9:15 AM high fives! 9:15 - 9:30 low fives!  10:30 AM, time to reheat the meat and give it some smoke.  The grill is too damn small.  I told you it was too damn small!!!  McGuyver some stuff.  10:30 - 11 AM, lots of swearing.  11 AM the girls arrive.  Re-mark our territory with fresh urine.  11:30 make meat helmets.  12 PM, woooo we made it to the afternoon. 

Peak tailgate. 

3:35 - 6:30, watch football.  

6 PM - Thursday Celebrate. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, elijah said:

We’ll probably start boozing sometime around the start of the third period.   I’m just coming of age (21) so I’ve finally been able to find my happy ground of an enjoyable buzz during the game over the past 2-3 years rather than an immature drunk

Hmm, I am 57 and still get an immature drunk. I missed that lesson I guess!

10 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Well, I was going to be watching at home, nothing special.  But just found out tonight my wife’s best friends mother passed, so now we’ll be driving to Rhode Island to make calling hours on Sunday. Will at least be able to listen on Sirius XM thankfully. 

Sorry to hear. Having said that, you know you can leave at a time to make sure you are in Rhode Island by 4pm. Just a thought

• Thank you (+1) 1