What’s your Saturday going to look like?

Virgil

I have to corrale the wife and kid out of my in laws house in time to drive back home (5hrs) prior to kickoff.  My in laws are great people but getting out of there to go home is a nightmare and ends up taking 3 hours longer than anticipated. Luckily i chose well and my old lady knows the deal.  Hell she even asked for (and recieved) a dawson knox jersey for christmas.  

5 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah we had the standing table between the bar and the tables under/in-front of the TVs.  It was a lot of fun.  Is the Pittsford Pub generally open (as far as space/standing room)?  I've only ever been to the Basin Pub as I work right near the basin.

It's open enough.  It was pretty packed but not elbow to elbow for the Pats game.  Close though.

16 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Sorry for the randomness of this, but I just saw this quote earlier (casual fan. stateside. don't have a team I follow, I just know from a friend this guy is.... interesting)...

"I think the yellow card is fair because I was rude, but I was rude to an idiot." Coach Mourinho

Who is the NFL coaching equivalent?

I have said it many times - Jim Harbaugh. 

• Like (+1) 1

We rented a ski house, it now looks like rain,  so we will try for some runs in the AM, if the slopes are a wreck, will just make wings and get ready for 430 kickoff. My wife and daughter are Bills fans with us, the rest are Jets fans, but they will root for us. I expect to abstain from alcohol until after gametime. (unless they are losing at half, then I need to compensate for not drinking during first half) 

Its my Mom's bday Saturday, the family was trying to organize everyone going out for dinner but I immediately kiboshed that plan and talked the wife into us hosting.  

That said, we need to figure out some eats that will go with the tailgate vibes that can also pass as acceptable to serve the fam.  My brother's girls will be coming so I need to confine 6 kids under the age of 9 to the basement so we can focus on the game.

My attempt at dry January is going to take a hit on the 4th day...I have a pile of  PBR's  leftover from the holidays in the garage to finish up anyway

I have my boys this weekend (2.5 hour drive to pick them up tomorrow).

Saturday begins with maybe rolling out of bed at 11am. Putting on my $17 DHgate Allen jersey over a long sleeve grey bills shirt. Yelling at the teenagers to shower/get dressed so we can leave. Head to mom's across town for brief visit and gifts before racing home in time for the game. Figure out what stream will reliably play the game as my antennae met an raged-fueled and untimely demise around week 3 due to stuttered reception.

Once stream is up and running, advise boys that they may dig into the pizza and wings left over from what we will likely order tomorrow night. May give Bella's a try as Leo's have been messing my orders up/forgetting the blue cheese...but I digress...

Open a Southern Tier IPA, pour two fingers of Evan Williams and watch  the game with my boys. The younger one's interest will wax/wane depending on the flow of the game, but the older one will stick with me for the full game.

After the game, the older son will go to his room and game while I prepare to watch the NE/TEN game...with additional IPAs...

Usually lounge around and relax on Saturdays, read, play music, hang out, what have you. So I'm sure I'll start with that but by 4:25 I'll probably be on my feet shifting my weight back and forth from one leg to the other while my wife yells, "Would you sit down?! It hasn't even started!"

The Bills are the only team I watch where I feel genuine emotion. I've scaled back from my younger days when I was one of those screaming morons who threw stuff whenever bad plays happened. I've learned to temper my expectations. I know I'm more nervous for this game than I was for the Jacksonville game two years ago. For me, the big celebration was just them getting in and finally ending the drought. I remember saying, "I don't give a crap if they lose 45-0, the drought's over and I don't have to hear about it anymore!" I mean, obviously I wanted them to win but I knew I wouldn't be too bummed out if they didn't. 

This should be a good game. I hope the offense can really get in sync and level up another gear, finish drives with touchdowns, make some big plays, etc. I tend to not worry about the defense as I honestly think they can hang with anyone. 

20 is the magic number. In the McBeane era whenever they score 20 or more they're like 19-2. I'd be psyched if I played on a team like that where your defense can say, "Hey, just put up 20 for us and we'll handle the rest."

Edited by blacklabel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Wake up in Houston, hopefully go for a swim, workout, get some breakfast and head down to the stadium to latch on to someone's tailgate.  

Trying to figure out my game attire, I've got the following options lined up, let me know what you think?  I heard red or white should be colors of choice since Texans will be wearing Blue, but I don't really have any good white options.

Blue Eric Wood jersey

Red Ted Washington / #92 shirt (lettering starting to come off)

Red Mighty Taco shirt

Black Fred Nose Best sweatshirt (might be too warm)

FREDNOSEBEST-preview_900x.png?v=15385025

or Shark Girl

Shark-Preview_900x.png?v=1566494318

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Thirsty Turtle in Victor is actually decent for games.  Some coworkers and I watched a few Thursday night games there this year and if you pack in to the bar area (there is also a restaurant area) they will likely have the game on like 5 TVs.

I’ve gone there after work for some beers, but never for a game. The bar food is pretty good, but as you said, I could see that bar getting packed. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

Big Saturday lined up, me and the wife are going to go to Home Depo, maybe Bed Bath and Beyond, but I don't know if we are going to have enough time. 

FRANK THE TANK! FRANK THE TANK!

• Like (+1) 1

Wake up

Have some breakfast

Turn the computer on and read about everyone's anxiety on TBD. Everyone crying over Duke Williams not playing.

Get cleaned up, and choose my attire.

Head to Britannia Arms, my Bills Backers Club, and watch the Bills win! Even though one of our fans has said that we will lose because Duke Williams isn't playing.

It'll be a great time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just got a Josh Allen Jersey for Christmas and haven’t worn it yet.  If I wear it and the lose, it will be dead to me.  

I have my daughter with me to watch, but she did watch the last one with me too.  Definitely just the two of us. 

Probably just have wings.

What’s everyone else’s plan?

Just curious, if the Bills lose, will you disown your daughter?

Going with my friends to my brother’s bar.  Debating whether to bring the new lady friend around but leaning towards no.  I took her out for the NE, spent time explain what the the downs meant and what a first down was ((she was trying), and she ended up celebrating a NE td (she got confused). 

but it should be a great time either way.  I wish all our games were on Saturday at 4:30.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1