What’s your Saturday going to look like?

Virgil

The only time I can't watch football Live this weekend is between 5:30-8:00pm on Saturday.  Go figure!  Kids have prearranged activities that cannot be cancelled and we have to drive em around.  I'll DVR the game and turn off all my phone notifications so I can watch "live" when i get home.

Woke up at 6 am, today, and working until 8 pm, just to take off in time to catch the game (needed to make up hours). My manager said, "That's a really long shift. Are you sure you want to work it?" Looked her dead in the eye, and said, "This is the second time in twenty years the Bills have made the playoffs... I would freaking BLEED for them. Of course I'll work that long shift. Next question..."

I may have taught my manager what a Bills fan is...

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

6AM--Get fired started in smoker

Take dogs on run

7AM-- Butt on the fire--tend to both throughout day

12:30 PM..Get fire started in porch fireplace..will be outside till conclusion of Pats game now

1:PM--Turn on Sabre game --have other TV maybe on an Old Bills game

1:05...start the oil for Wings

1:30  wings for lunch during Sabre

4PM Butt off smoker

4:30 Bills game

5Pm- Crab Dip and cheese crackers during 2nd QTR

7:30 Pulling pork..eating

8PM--looking for tickets at both KC and BMORE

8:30 Pats game

10:30 collapse in bed as my wife tells me again drinking a 1000 beers is not good for me

4 friends, wife and son for Bills game, only one of friends there for Sabre game

Genny Screamers, Blue Lights to start day, nice DuPOnt saison to start the bIlls game, 60 minutes once that is gone

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, teef said:

interesting.  i wouldn't have guessed it as a good place to watch a game, but i enjoy the food.

Thirsty Turtle in Victor is actually decent for games.  Some coworkers and I watched a few Thursday night games there this year and if you pack in to the bar area (there is also a restaurant area) they will likely have the game on like 5 TVs.

Drive with kids back from Pittsburgh to Cincy

Watch game on very large projection screen TV with family (and especially with my 9-yr old who has become a serious fan).

Continue my very odd tradition this year of doing a pushup and situp for every point we score//10 air squats per sack//20 air squats per Bills' turnover. 

Drink some beer and/or scotch throughout

Edited by TheWei44

13 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

6AM--Get fired started in smoker

Take dogs on run

7AM-- Butt on the fire--tend to both throughout day

12:30 PM..Get fire started in porch fireplace..will be outside till conclusion of Pats game now

1:PM--Turn on Sabre game --have other TV maybe on an Old Bills game

1:05...start the oil for Wings

1:30  wings for lunch during Sabre

4PM Butt off smoker

4:30 Bills game

5Pm- Crab Dip and cheese crackers during 2nd QTR

7:30 Pulling pork..eating

8PM--looking for tickets at both KC and BMORE

8:30 Pats game

10:30 collapse in bed as my wife tells me again drinking a 1000 beers is not good for me

4 friends, wife and son for Bills game, only one of friends there for Sabre game

Genny Screamers, Blue Lights to start day, nice DuPOnt saison to start the bIlls game, 60 minutes once that is gone

Need that liver, or nah? :P

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, teef said:

i'm shocked by how much i stand at my house during the game too.

the guys that own the pub also own or did own the basin pub, which seems to have a nice set up for the games too.  a guy on this board and i have gone to shooters in fairport to watch a game, and it's solid.  i just don't know many good places in this area to watch a game.  i bet hooligans in webster would be great, but i just don't want to drive that far.

Yeah, shooters is pretty solid.  I hear ya on the drive to Webster, I hear Hooligans is a good spot too.  Basin Pub is ok, but I've had issues with poor service there.  Plus if you want a lively environment for a game that is not the place.  Being around other happy/angry Bills fans helps with the nerves for me.

8 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Drive with kids back from Pittsburgh to Cincy

Watch game on very large projection screen TV with family (and especially with my 9-yr old who has become a serious fan).

Continue my very odd tradition this year of doing a pushup and situp for every point we score//10 air squats per sack//20 air squats per Bills' turnover. 

Drink some beer and/or scotch throughout

those exercises during scores is some classic Bills’ fan voodoo. I’ve been there! 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Thirsty Turtle in Victor is actually decent for games.  Some coworkers and I watched a few Thursday night games there this year and if you pack in to the bar area (there is also a restaurant area) they will likely have the game on like 5 TVs.

Watch the Jacksonville playoff game there, was also a fun environment.  Got that bar table right in front.  Of I wasn't doing Pitt Pub I'd likely go there.

1 minute ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Watch the Jacksonville playoff game there, was also a fun environment.  Got that bar table right in front.  Of I wasn't doing Pitt Pub I'd likely go there.

Yeah we had the standing table between the bar and the tables under/in-front of the TVs.  It was a lot of fun.  Is the Pittsford Pub generally open (as far as space/standing room)?  I've only ever been to the Basin Pub as I work right near the basin.

2 hours ago, BritBill said:

Game kicks off at 9:30pm over here so it’ll be a rascal of a day. 

Also, both my father and father in law are in hospital (the same hospital as bad luck would have it) at the moment so we’ll be visiting a couple of wards during the day. 

When the game eventually arrives it’ll be a welcome distraction. I can’t wait. 

Go Bills. 

Where in the UK have you been?

...Jesus bud, hope everything turns out ok...............

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

We are going to be fine now. We were very good last night and we should have got a result against Chelsea too. If we play like that the rest of this year we will plenty of games. 

Watford and Arsenal had the same problem. Managers who had completely lost their way. Both have people in charge now who have instilled a basic shape and pattern of play and hey presto turns out Arsenal should be a top 6 team and Watford should be mid-table. Which is what both should have been all along. Watford won't go down. You will be fine..

I live North East London about 20 miles from Ware. I always remember from my soccer coaching career an away game at Ware midweek in December one year where we kicked off at 7:45pm and the pitch was fine and by the time we finished at 9.30 it was completely frozen. So cold. 

Sorry for the randomness of this, but I just saw this quote earlier (casual fan. stateside. don't have a team I follow, I just know from a friend this guy is.... interesting)...

"I think the yellow card is fair because I was rude, but I was rude to an idiot." Coach Mourinho

Who is the NFL coaching equivalent?