Baltimore sports radio guy slams Del Reid, Wawrow, Buffalo as “City of Losers”

YoloinOhio

I listen to the Fan here in Baltimore every so often on the way to work. Jerry Coleman is just a scrub stooge to Ed Norris (“The Wire” and Rob Long, they spend a lot of time goofing on his clown ass, no one takes him seriously.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eSJayDee said:

Losers?  I don't recall ever having a team pack up & leave Buffalo in the middle of the night. :LOL:

Well....they did get a brand new team which won that town  a SB within 5 years of arriving...

Fun Facts: 

-as Irsay was in negotiations with the City of Indy, the Maryland General Assembly introduced a bill that would allow the City of Baltimore to seize the Colts by eminent domain---can you imagine?? That's insane.

-Elway refused to got to Baltimore and Kelly refused to go to Buffalo

-Johnny Unitas and Lamar Jackson both played for Louisville

Edited by Mr. WEO

Just now, Rico said:

I will add that he is the rep from the FAN at press conferences and I don’t think Harbaugh likes him at all, he asks really stupid questions*

* not comparing him though to the Great Sully.

would that be like asking the current Houston HC about the Oilers Bills history from 28 years ago? 

• Like (+1) 1

Some day folks will catch on that he's talking in this manner for a reason: to illicit the reaction and gain the interest being shown in this thread.

Such dumb crap.  

Go read a book, Bills fans, and stop listening to dumb crap.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Some day folks will catch on that he's talking in this manner for a reason: to illicit the reaction and gain the interest being shown in this thread.

Such dumb crap.  

What if it's a dumb book, or a book about dumb crap?

Why not just listen to something better?

Maybe Led Zeppelin III or After the Gold Rush.

I don't know what reading is going to accomplish.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He didn’t like that Wawrow called him out for saying the Ravens “smoked” the Bills

Ah, OK, for definitions of "Smoked" = Ravens lowest offensive yardage of season, 1 pt off 2nd lowest score, and chance to tie the game on the final play from scrimmage?

Not most people's definition, but .....

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Such dumb crap.  

I’d respond to your post, but I was recently advised to stop giving dumb crap distributors the response that they’re looking for, so regrettably I must abstain.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Ah, OK, for definitions of "Smoked" = Ravens lowest offensive yardage of season, 1 pt off 2nd lowest score, and chance to tie the game on the final play from scrimmage?

Not most people's definition, but .....

Apparently we’re stupid for not recognizing a super-clever play-on-words reference to John “Smoke” Brown.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

hmm, not sure if this is sarcastic..I actually like @john wawrow, and i could pick 1000 beefs with that guy!

It all in the game bro!

Not being sarcastic at all. 

My point was JW is a reporter not an opinion columnist or media "personally" who thrives on hot takes. So it just seemed out of place for some radio hack to take exception with him.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well....they did get a brand new team which won that town  a SB within 5 years of arriving...

Fun Facts: 

-as Irsay was in negotiations with the City of Indy, the Maryland General Assembly introduced a bill that would allow the City of Baltimore to seize the Colts by eminent domain---can you imagine?? That's insane.

-Elway refused to got to Baltimore and Kelly refused to go to Buffalo

-Johnny Unitas and Lamar Jackson both played for Louisville

Fun Facts:

The Ravens were actually not a brand new team, they were the Cleveland Browns with a new name they did not have an expansion draft. 

Baltimore has the 2nd highest murder rate per capital in the United States.

Baltimore just recently moved out of the top ten rattiest cites in the United States.

Kelly ended up playing for Buffalo, Elway did not play for Baltimore.

Jim Kelly & Johnny Unitas were born in Pittsburgh 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Sometimes I wonder who these people really are... because what you hear on their radio show or what you see on whatever TV program they're on is a caricature of themselves. It's amplified a few notches. This is what these guys are supposed to do, come up with a bunch of "controversial" BS to spew and hope that it generates clicks, views, call-ins, and discussions. Welp, he's succeeded because here we all are discussing it. I do agree it's a bit d*ckish to call out Del like he did, Del's a good dude and does a lot for the community. People like that ought to be praised, not insulted. 

Maybe one of these days I'mma call into one of these shows and as soon as I'm live I'm gonna honk a giant air-horn... maybe it'll fry some of their speakers or something, who knows?! Bah.

• Like (+1) 1