Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

5 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Oh my god.

Both threw for 250 yards huh?

Yup, we're supposed to just ignore that one guy needed to throw the ball 46 times to do it and the other needed 25 attempts. 

One had a QB rating over 120, and the other below 70. 

If Watson was our QB yesterday, we win by 30. He's so much better than Allen in every facet of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you think the result would have been different if the QBs just swapped teams?

Uh, yes? We probably win 30-0. Watson put the entire Texans team on his back. Josh wasn’t going to do that down 16 points.

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Read the whole thread before you go noodles

I just did. That’s a tough stat to defend.

Going into the 2017 draft the Bills and McD decided to rebuild.  The first pillar of that strategy was to find the best college QB to draft and build around.   The fact that they chose Allen over Watson, Mahomes, and Jackson is painful to watch this year.    And I expect it will only become more painful as the Chiefs, Texans, and Ravens take turns representing the AFC in the SB for the next 5 - 10 years.  

As for for the question of which QB you want leading your team, watching Allen panic and choke the game away, while Watson lead a brilliant comeback.  It couldn't be more apparent.  I guarantee if you posted the same question to the Texans fan base it would be almost unanimous. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Yup, we're supposed to just ignore that one guy needed to throw the ball 46 times to do it and the other needed 25 attempts. 

One had a QB rating over 120, and the other below 70. 

If Watson was our QB yesterday, we win by 30. He's so much better than Allen in every facet of the game. 

One guy had a perennial all- pro WR to throw to. The other had scraps that can’t catch a perfectly thrown ball in the end zone. Watson is better, and his team won because he made one amazing play to not get sacked . The Bills don’t win by 30 if they have Watson; that’s just a gross exaggeration. 

5 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

One guy had a perennial all- pro WR to throw to. The other had scraps that can’t catch a perfectly thrown ball in the end zone. Watson is better, and his team won because he made one amazing play to not get sacked . The Bills don’t win by 30 if they have Watson; that’s just a gross exaggeration. 

Their All Pro was getting covered by our All Pro.

Our pass catchers were being covered by one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. Texans are 29th in yards, 25th in QB rating, 28th in pass TDs, 21st in completion %. Their pass D is bad, and all Allen could do was complete 52% of his throws, for no passing TDs, a QB Rating of 69 and a yards per attempt of a dreadful 5.7 yards. 

Watson willed his team to victory.

Our guy imploded in the second half. 

Watson is so much better than Allen. No chance we'd have only scored 1 TD against the crappy Texans defense with him at QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Their All Pro was getting covered by our All Pro.

Our pass catchers were being covered by one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. Texans are 29th in yards, 25th in QB rating, 28th in pass TDs, 21st in completion %. Their pass D is bad, and all Allen could do was complete 52% of his throws, for no passing TDs, a QB Rating of 69 and a yards per attempt of a dreadful 5.7 yards. 

Watson willed his team to victory.

Our guy imploded in the second half. 

Watson is so much better than Allen. No chance we'd have only scored 1 TD against the crappy Texans defense with him at QB. 

And what did Watson do in the first half ? Allen’s second half was disappointing for sure, but the coaches blew this game in a quarter and a half with a 16 point lead. Their all pro WR had 90 yards the second half as well, so he won that matchup. If either of two Bills defenders get Watson on the ground, the Bills may have pulled it out and you would be staying away from this board for at least a week or so. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

And what did Watson do in the first half ? Allen’s second half was disappointing for sure, but the coaches blew this game in a quarter and a half with a 16 point lead. Their all pro WR had 90 yards the second half as well, so he won that matchup. If either of two Bills defenders get Watson on the ground, the Bills may have pulled it out and you would be staying away from this board for at least a week or so. 

Oh no no no no you don’t. You don’t get to hand wave half of Josh’s crap games all 2019 because he delivered at the end and pulled out the win, and THEN say what did Watson do in the first Q.

No no no.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

Uh, yes? We probably win 30-0. Watson put the entire Texans team on his back. Josh wasn’t going to do that down 16 points.

Watson threw to himself and ran it all himself.  Not.  There's a reason why DeAndre Hopkins is All World and when I see him, I Covet.

I don't want to take away from Watson, who played great, but it helped him a lot that he was throwing to DeAndre Hopkins and that they were able to generate consistent rush yards with Hyde and Johnson. 

Like I said, this loss is a real Rorschach test for people's inner biases.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Watson did nothing because our defense was playing out of their minds. They pitched a shut out against one of the top 4 QBs in the NFL for 40 minutes while all our offense could do was kick field goals. 

We have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. They've carried this team all year, compensating for their horrible offense that struggled all year to score points. 

Week after week, Bills fans have to tear down the coaches and other 52 guys on the roster to justify why Allen isn't the problem. It's always coaching, the line, the defense not holding the other team to 10 points, whatever. For whatever reason, some people seem happy to ignore that our QB fumbles the ball at a clip not seen from any other NFL QBs, he tries to throw interceptions that miraculously bounce off the hands of defenders, and he throws passes to fullbacks down the field who are in double coverage. Somehow all of that gets ignored. 

With better QB play, like the calibre of play the Texans got from Watson, the Bills blow out the Texans in an absolute laugher. 

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Watson threw to himself and ran it all himself.  Not.  There's a reason why DeAndre Hopkins is All World and when I see him, I Covet.

I don't want to take away from Watson, who played great, but it helped him a lot that he was throwing to DeAndre Hopkins and that they were able to generate consistent rush yards with Hyde and Johnson. 

Like I said, this loss is a real Rorschach test for people's inner biases.

Your last line is INCREDIBLY ironic. 

We had a better rushing average last night than the Texans.

Your takeaway from last night is that Hopkins was the difference between Josh and Deshaun’s performance. I don’t think anything more has to be said except we might have watched different games.

10 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Watson did nothing because our defense was playing out of their minds. They pitched a shut out against one of the top 4 QBs in the NFL for 40 minutes while all our offense could do was kick field goals. 

We have the 2nd best defense in the NFL. They've carried this team all year, compensating for their horrible offense that struggled all year to score points. 

Week after week, Bills fans have to tear down the coaches and other 52 guys on the roster to justify why Allen isn't the problem. It's always coaching, the line, the defense not holding the other team to 10 points, whatever. For whatever reason, some people seem happy to ignore that our QB fumbles the ball at a clip not seen from any other NFL QBs, he tries to throw interceptions that miraculously bounce off the hands of defenders, and he throws passes to fullbacks down the field who are in double coverage. Somehow all of that gets ignored. 

With better QB play, like the calibre of play the Texans got from Watson, the Bills blow out the Texans in an absolute laugher. 

Josh Allen didn’t allow 19 points by HOU in a quarter and a half of football. The reality is that in a 3 point OT loss, any number of plays not made by many Bills would likely have propelled the team to victory. Allen must shoulder some blame, but so do many defenders, WRs and coaches that failed in many areas. It must’ve been hard for you watching the Bills amass a 16 point lead with a player you despise so much at QB. It’s probably vindicating to watch a team fail in many areas so you can blame that player and pound your chest postgame on a message board. Doesn’t sound like an entertaining way to follow a team, though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Josh Allen didn’t allow 19 points by HOU in a quarter and a half of football. The reality is that in a 3 point OT loss, any number of plays not made by many Bills would likely have propelled the team to victory. Allen must shoulder some blame, but so do many defenders, WRs and coaches that failed in many areas. It must’ve been hard for you watching the Bills amass a 16 point lead with a player you despise so much at QB. It’s probably vindicating to watch a team fail in many areas so you can blame that player and pound your chest postgame on a message board. Doesn’t sound like an entertaining way to follow a team, though. 

I was having a great time yesterday, up until Allen's fumble when the game went off the rails and a loss seemed inevitable. 

Allen did his best, but ultimately he failed. He had multiple opportunities throughout the second half and overtime to seal a win and was unable to do so against one of the league's worst defenses. 

27 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Watson has two years of failure before winning his first game yesterday.  Allen will hopefully learn from this and be better in the playoffs next year.  Both have long futures in the league.

No he doesn't. That was his 2nd playoff game. He had only lost one before that. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

I was having a great time yesterday, up until Allen's fumble when the game went off the rails and a loss seemed inevitable. 

Allen did his best, but ultimately he failed. He had multiple opportunities throughout the second half and overtime to seal a win and was unable to do so against one of the league's worst defenses. 

Ultimately that’s true. It’s also true, however, that there were several times he made plays that were either called back by penalty, dropped, or were a whiffed block away from setting up the GW FG (looking at you, Knox).

Team effort all around.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I don’t think Allen did his best in any way, and that’s what’s disappointing about his game yesterday. Even though he has next to no weapons and a suspect offensive coordinator I expect to see better. They need to make improvements to the offensive personnel( a RT, a FA and drafted WR, perhaps a TE and a new 2nd RB)  and consider a change at OC with the playcalling duties. Allen’s best was most likely what he did vs DAL. He’s capable of that, and it’s what I expect most weeks. He didn’t deliver in that regard, but many failures around him contributed to the loss. Watson didn’t win his first playoff game either, so all isn’t lost. 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Ultimately that’s true. It’s also true, however, that there were several times he made plays that were either called back by penalty, dropped, or were a whiffed block away from setting up the GW FG (looking at you, Knox).

Team effort all around.

That’s just lost on some fans, who must blame the QB in a loss and credit everyone around him in victory. Just a weird way to watch football, with so much ire directed at one player. 

• Like (+1) 1