Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

let’s be fair here...

Hyde is having his best season as a pro. That helps a lot.

Fuller may be perpetually banged up, but there’s no denying how impactful he is when he’s on the field. He’s been Watson’s most reliable deep threat. He also has had enormous games in the past 2 years—he had 14 receptions in week 5 alone.

Would you rather have Hyde over singletary?  

Fuller is always hurt.  Literally.....always.  He IS a nice player.  Is he better than JB?  Not imo.  Is he better than Beasley?  Better at big plays but isn’t nearly as good of a emergency valve. Did I mention he’s made of glass and Beasley availability evens out the race imo.

While Knox has dropped a bunch of gimmes he’s also hauled in a few huge plays as a rookie.  I like Jordan Akins, but I’d rather have Knox.  the Houston OL is a joke.  O’Brien might even be a funnier joke.  I’ve never been a Sills guy.  Even when we had Kb as our #1, I didn’t want Sills.  

that said, Houston has Hopkins and a deeper WR unit.  Advantage Watson.  OL, TE, and most importantly, HC and GM goes to Allen.

overall. Watson.  While JA is better already than I thought he would be, and the JA/Watson comparisons much closer this year compared to last, it’s really not THAT close imo

• Like (+1) 1

I like Josh a lot and think he’s going to be a really good QB. He’s competitive as hell and I love that. The answer to the question though is Watson. He’s already great and has been an elite big game QB. The answer may change in a few years but today it isn’t a question.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yeah, let’s just pretend Watson also wasn’t amazing in college as well.  Bills fans love to dismiss the talent of other qbs while they make every excuse for their own. Watson has had a garbage o line, garbage rbs, and now an average at best defense.  He’s really really good. 

Minor fix for you :)

2 hours ago, BuffaloSol said:

You're not an Allen supporter. We get it you think he isn't going to be good. You probably thought that pre draft and now have to defend your stance.

I bang the table for Josh, I’m a huge Josh supporter. 

The statement above is being thrown way too much by Bills fans, half of the Josh Allen doubt at this point has been created and repeated by Bills fans that support Josh Allen just because there’s some vendetta against the pre-draft pundits of Allen.  It’s almost like in an attempt to defend Allen, they’re actually furthering the rhetoric. 

To rightfully admit that Deshaun Watson is currently better and with higher potential than the also talented and potential full Josh Allen doesn’t mean that I don’t like Josh Allen. 

The anti-anti-Josh Allen movement is like the Me Too and feminist movements in that the point has been made already and now people are just going too far and only hurting themselves and their stances. 

1 hour ago, kbarrettb said:

The question isn’t who is going to end up with better numbers at the end of their career it’s who would you want on Saturday which means who’s the better quarterback right now. And the better quarterback right now is unquestionably Watson. The Bills probably have the better team and I think they have a great chance to win Saturday. If you put Watson on the Bills and Allen on the Texans for the season the Bills would be a touchdown plus favorite over the Texans.  

Who is Watson’s coach and OC in this hypothetical question? Because I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you make it sound. I also don’t think the Bills have without question the better roster. Texans have a lot better skill position players except maybe at RB.

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Would you rather have Hyde over singletary?  

Fuller is always hurt.  Literally.....always.  He IS a nice player.  Is he better than JB?  Not imo.  Is he better than Beasley?  Better at big plays but isn’t nearly as good of a emergency valve. Did I mention he’s made of glass and Beasley availability evens out the race imo.

While Knox has dropped a bunch of gimmes he’s also hauled in a few huge plays as a rookie.  I like Jordan Akins, but I’d rather have Knox.  the Houston OL is a joke.  O’Brien might even be a funnier joke.  I’ve never been a Sills guy.  Even when we had Kb as our #1, I didn’t want Sills.  

that said, Houston has Hopkins and a deeper WR unit.  Advantage Watson.  OL, TE, and most importantly, HC and GM goes to Allen.

overall. Watson.  While JA is better already than I thought he would be, and the JA/Watson comparisons much closer this year compared to last, it’s really not THAT close imo

my point was that there’s no reason to marginalize Hyde or Fuller.

Unless the logic for choosing Allen is "He's the QB of the Bills and I'm a Bills fan", this shouldn't be a contest at all. I like Allen a lot but Watson was an MVP candidate for most of the season. Allen is still trying to prove that he's an average to above average starting QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, elijah said:

I bang the table for Josh, I’m a huge Josh supporter. 

The statement above is being thrown way too much by Bills fans, half of the Josh Allen doubt at this point has been created and repeated by Bills fans that support Josh Allen just because there’s some vendetta against the pre-draft pundits of Allen.  It’s almost like in an attempt to defend Allen, they’re actually furthering the rhetoric. 

To rightfully admit that Deshaun Watson is currently better and with higher potential than the also talented and potential full Josh Allen doesn’t mean that I don’t like Josh Allen. 

The anti-anti-Josh Allen movement is like the Me Too and feminist movements in that the point has been made already and now people are just going too far and only hurting themselves and their stances. 

DeShawnee is a probably a better QB right now but he does not have higher potential. DeShawnee has the best WR in the league who accounts for almost half his passing yards and passing touchdowns in his first three years. 

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Who is Watson’s coach and OC in this hypothetical question? Because I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you make it sound. I also don’t think the Bills have without question the better roster. Texans have a lot better skill position players except maybe at RB.

Name a position group you’d rather have other than wrs and quarterback? Bills have the better defense. Bills have a better Rb, tight end and offensive line. Hyde is not better than singletary. 

Also coach? Are you kidding. How many times has that guy been on the chopping block in Houston? McD is a much better coach. 

Edited by kbarrettb

I would say it's a push right now,  but when Josh gets a handle on the long throw, no contest. Josh also will get better with  crossing patterns, when he learns to take some pace off on touch throws. All things considered,  he's a great leader and with an improved cast of skill players, the sky's the limit. 

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

my point was that there’s no reason to marginalize Hyde or Fuller.

I get Fuller especially has talent.  But it’s meaningless if you can’t stay healthy.  Again, he’s averaged 500 yards/ season.  And Hyde was barely in the NFL at the start of the season.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hampton Josh fan said:

I would say it's a push right now,  but when Josh gets a handle on the long throw, no contest. Josh also will get better with  crossing patterns, when he learns to take some pace off on touch throws. All things considered,  he's a great leader and with an improved cast of skill players, the sky's the limit. 

How could you say it's a push. Watson's career completion percentage is 66% and Allens at 56% it's really not close. Watsons averaging over 250 yards per game passing while Allens averaging 184. Just not that close. Not saying it can't get there again but right now on January 2nd it's not close. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I get Fuller especially has talent.  But it’s meaningless if you can’t stay healthy.  Again, he’s averaged 500 yards/ season.  And Hyde was barely in the NFL at the start of the season.  

Did you read my post before this one? Watson’s numbers are markedly different with Fuller in the game.

You seem to be disregarding that his presence has a big impact on the passing game, which was my point.

But either way, it’ll be fun to see how each QB fares Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

As to Fuller, there’s a noticeable difference in Watson’s numbers with and without him:

Career with Fuller: 466/700 (66.5%), 6,083 yards (8.68 YPA), 50 TDs, 20 INTs

Career without Fuller: 338/504 (67%), 3,634 yards (7.21 YPA), 21 TDs, 9 INTs

Also worth saying that Fuller's numbers are significantly better with Watson than with the other QBs he has played with. The fact is they have a very good connection and both benefits the other significantly. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Also worth saying that Fuller's numbers are significantly better with Watson than with the other QBs he has played with. The fact is they have a very good connection and both benefits the other significantly. 

Right. That’s how it should be if you have a good QB and a good WR.

Just like here; Brown and Beasley are both easily having their best seasons as pros, and Allen is clearly better with them than he was without them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Unless the logic for choosing Allen is "He's the QB of the Bills and I'm a Bills fan", this shouldn't be a contest at all. I like Allen a lot but Watson was an MVP candidate for most of the season. Allen is still trying to prove that he's an average to above average starting QB.

Part of the logic may be to not only be loyal to Allen, but also to get him much needed experience in a high pressure playoff game.

If the Dallas or Pittsburgh game is any indication, Allen should do well on Saturday.

Allen is the MAN..... I hope.

Saturday?  Watson.  He's the more consistent QB.  If the question were who I want long term that would be Allen because his ceiling is dominance, and I would gamble on him reaching that cieling.  Watson is and will be among the best QBs in the league for years, but Allen could be THE best.

34 minutes ago, kbarrettb said:

How could you say it's a push. Watson's career completion percentage is 66% and Allens at 56% it's really not close. Watsons averaging over 250 yards per game passing while Allens averaging 184. Just not that close. Not saying it can't get there again but right now on January 2nd it's not close. 

Do you care how many passing yards a QB has if he wins.Look at Watson's surrounding skill players and tell me the running back on the Bills with 1m yards. DeAndre and Fuller are one of the best tandems in the league .Brown and Beasley have been good but big edge to Texans. 

1 minute ago, Hampton Josh fan said:

Do you care how many passing yards a QB has if he wins.Look at Watson's surrounding skill players and tell me the running back on the Bills with 1m yards. DeAndre and Fuller are one of the best tandems in the league .Brown and Beasley have been good but big edge to Texans. 

Wins aren't just predicated on the quarterback. It takes an entire team to win look at Nick Foles? Would you really take him over Watson just because he won a Super Bowl. Watson is a top 5/10 quarterback in the league and Allen is just not there yet. Hopkins is a better receiver than anyone the Bills have but I would put Brown and Fuller in the same category. I would take Singletary over Hyde. I'd take our offensive line over their offensive line and I'd take our tight end over their tight end. One person doesn't win someone a game. Our defense is better than their defense. If you switched Watson and Allen but everyone else stayed the same the line would go from 2.5 Texans to 7 or more Bills. Watson is good, is much better than Allen is now and if you look at the numbers it's really not that close. If Allen was putting up the numbers Watson was and Watson was putting up the numbers Allen is it would be unquestionable who you would say is the better quarterback. Take off the fandom blinders and just look at it in terms of numbers. Watson has 45 touchdown passes his first two seasons while playing in 23 games. Josh Allen has thrown 30 touchdown passes in 28 games. Again if you look at the numbers its not close at all. But disagree with stats all you want.