Allen or Watson ( Who would you rather have leading your team Saturday)

Buffalo716

Who would you rather have   

311 members have voted

1. 1. This Saturday: If you had the choice of either QB, who would you want leading your team

• Josh Allen
    • Deshaun Watson

2 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Okay, but when will that potential be realized? Saturday? Highly unlikely. This question is about one game only, not which player you want for next season even.

I understand, 

Being the big homer that I am,

I'll still take Josh...

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My point is that Watson's offensive weapons are better then Allens.....period

Both the good and the bad on that to be honest.....like nobody but Josh Allen ever throws a bad pass.....or holds the ball to long and takes a sack.......or watch as offensive weapons cant get separation while other teams have more offensive talent....or

Well....you get it

So, who do you think is a better QB?  Watson or Allen?

well.  You get it too.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

So, who do you think is a better QB?  Watson or Allen?

well.  You get it too.

My point is its not as simple as that.....one has some better stats....but also has better complimentary weapons?

What do you think Allen would do with a double threat like Hopkins and Fuller THIS year?   Do you think he would have better numbers?

I do.  Not that Josh Allens numbers are horrible HUGE jump from last year to this.

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

My point is its not as simple as that.....one has some better stats....but also has better complimentary weapons?

What do you think Allen would do with a double threat like Hopkins and Fuller THIS year?   Do you think he would have better numbers?

I do.  Not that Josh Allens numbers are horrible HUGE jump from last year to this.

Behind that Houston OL, I’m not so sure John.  Watson diagnosis the defenses much quicker than allen imo.  He’s not always throwing to Hopkins and fuller is usually hurt or dropping passes.  Sure, he has better weapons but a much worse OL.....and a crap coach if you ask me

so basically your saying there is no way to tell who the better qb is because we can’t accurately predict what each QB would do in the others situation.  Same can be said for every QB that had great weapons.  Hell, John Brown could’ve been Jerry Rice if he was playing with the niners in the 80S and 90s 

Edited by NewEra

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Behind that Houston OL, I’m not so sure John.  Watson diagnosis the defenses much quicker than allen imo.  He’s not always throwing to Hopkins and fuller is usually hurt or dropping passes.  Sure, he has better weapons but a much worse OL.....and a crap coach if you ask me

so basically your saying there is no way to tell who the better qb is because we can’t accurately predict what each QB would do in the others situation.  Same can be said for every QB that had great weapons.  Hell, John Brown could’ve been Jerry Rice if he was playing with the niners in the 80S and 90s 

Maybe i am reading the question wrong.

When I evaluate I also think how Watson would do with our team?   I dont automatically assume he would do better but that is just me.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

Maybe i am reading the question wrong.

When I evaluate I also think how Watson would do with our team?   I dont automatically assume he would do better but that is just me.

I hear ya.  It’s not so much who is the better AB, but who’s better for us this Saturday.  If we got to keep that qb going forward, I’d pick Watson.

The question of which qb would do better for us will never be answered.

12 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But no one but bills fans would take Allen over Watson at this point.  

I salute the way Bills fans defend their qb with every excuse and rip down other teams.  Come on, you’re reaching hard.  But I’m bowing out. I just hope the Bills are better than the Texans (and they might be). 

10 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Shocking how many people don't seem to watch anyone but the Bills play football. 

3 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

Josh Allen gas leak strikes again.

I agree that Watson is a better QB at this point. However; I don't think the three of you ever saw a QB you DIDN'T think was better than Allen. You talk about Bills' fans being homers and, yet, you are rarely objective yourselves when it comes to evaluating him.

• Haha (+1) 1

This is a relevant topic, IMHO, and one worthy of discussion even more than the overplayed Mahomes v. Allen discussion. And in this case, in my mind, it comes down to long-term vs. short term. To me Watson was the guy who would come in and have the RGIII effect: win early and often, but struggle down the stretch. I may be wrong about Watson (probably am), but I still think he's in the arena of an athlete who can throw the ball over a long-term NFL QB. That is NOT to say I don't think he can play QB or that he isn't an incredible talent, but similarly to Lamar, I have my reservations about Watson's "career" ability to sustain NFL success.

Josh Allen is the antithesis to this IMHO. Josh was going to need time to grow, mature, and learn how to play QB at the NFL but has all of the tools and abilities to get that done based on his growth thus far. Had you asked me this question two years ago, I don't know that I could have said it this way with this much internal confidence. However, I think Watson is who he is and he's already peaked in terms of realizing what he can do - which is good to great if he can sustain it. Josh Allen's ceiling has yet to be within sight, again IMO. I don't think we've yet seen what he's fully capable of and I don't think we will until this time next year and as far as fullest potential, it might even be year 4. The growth for some of the best QBs take drastic steps in years three and four and it wouldn't surprise me at all if this were true for Josh Allen. I think Josh has the more sustainable paradigm in his game for success while Watson may  or may not be able to sustain his QB style and due to how he hasn't changed his game since he arrived, I doubt it will change much if any more moving forward. So I take Josh Allen due to the long-term viability and to me, likelihood of sustainable success. 

Edit: I didn't make this clear in my original post so I'll say that yes, I take Josh Allen for this Saturday because IMO this isn't a one year wonder for the Bills to make the playoffs and Allen *NEEDS* this game to grow even more....to prepare him for the playoff years to come, which I definitely believe can and will happen for the Bills. Compounding this thought with my aforementioned opinions, Allen is the better play for this game because of the future.

Edited by BigBuff423

7 hours ago, arcane said:

Watson is, of course, the better QB right now.

But this is the NFL playoffs. This is our buffalo bills. I will answer this question with nobody but our guy, Josh Allen.

this is where i'm at with it too.  if josh becomes the guy who we want him to be, i'll think he'll have the more successful career and could be the better leader.  he's not there yet, but it doesn't stop me from being a big fan of his.

11 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And more interceptions and more sacks. I notice how you keep those out. 

fact I would rather have Nuk Hopkins over Watson 

im not sure 1 more interception every 5 games counters all those. It’s an interesting trade out. 

id take josh throwing 3 more (heck, more than that even) if it bumped everything else that much,

Watson is the better QB right now and yes he has much better weapons.  However, I think Allen will surpass him within the next year or two as we accumulate more weapons on the offense. To me it’s about the future, so I’ll go with Allen.